• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds in May

cmccau01

Earning My Ears
My family and I are planning a trip to WDW and we are thinking about early May of 2003. How are the crowds at the parks? We have been to WDW in November the last few times and the crowds are small. Can anyone help me out and compare the two months? Is May a good time for it to be less crowded?

Thanks

I went in 2001 and 2002 and found the crowds heavier than September and December, but about the same as October. Very manageable as long as you consistently use fastpass, but definitely not empty. Also, it was really hot. In 2001, there were wildfires, in 2002, record 96 degree highs - this was the first weekend of May both times.

Hi

I have been in both May and November. Visited most recently May 4 to May 11 this year. The crowds are busier than November but I would put them as similar to my visit in September '96. The longest we lined for was 20 mins on Test Track that was with Fast pass but it had just broken down. Others were 10 mins or less and we used the FPass where we could.

I prefer the crowds in November. But May was not as busy as I thought it was going to be. My DBF used to go in April and August and when he went in May he thought all of his dreams had come true - he'd never acheived so much in one day ;) and we were leaving the parks around 4.00pm most days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter