Crowds last week of Nov, ticket prices, parking cost and embassy suites ???

wdwluvr

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

My family and I are planning on a 6 night/5 day stay the last week in November (11/25-12/1) and I have several questions for you all. There are 5 of us going. Myself and DH both 31, DD is 9, DS's are 6 & 3. This will be my kids' third trip.

1)What are the crowds like that time of year? We are going the week after Thanksgiving. Are most kids back in school by then. Will the Christmas decorations be up by then? Will the Christmas parade be going by then?

2)How much are tickets for 5 days for both parks and will they have tickets that you can park hop with? I'm looking for the prices of adult and kids tickets.

3)How much is it to park in the new parking structure? Can you get in and out priveleges?

4)How is Embassy Suites Disneyland? We are interested in staying there because there are 5 of us so we need more room, breakfast is included and they have an indoor pool. Has anyone stayed there? How was it? It sounds really nice and we got a AAA rate of $125/night.

I think those are all the questions I have for now. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Melissa

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

dancecindy.gif

Sorry I can't answer your exact questions, but I have a bit of info. Two years ago we spent Thanksgiving Day at Disneyland and it was quite busy, but not really until noon or so. By then, we had seen most of the majors so we weren't in a rush about most of the other rides. This past year we went to Disneyworld for Thanksgiving and we went the day after T day and then the Sunday and Monday after. Monday was definitely really slow and we covered everything we wanted especially with using Fastpass.

As for the Embassy, I have not stayed at that particular one, but I have stayed at others and I really like it. There is plenty of room and we saved money with the huge cooked to order breakfasts. The only downside is not getting early entry. I have heard, but don't know for sure, that AAA last year had packages that included one day of early entry even when you used a hotel that was not Disney. Does anyoen know about it?

I thought early entry was great, but I think for the price you are paying I would check into it and if it's too much, I would pass. We did not do early entry because we stayed at the Anaheim Hilton. At DW we split it up and stayed some time at Marriott Orlando World Center and then on site at Dixie Landings.

Thanksgiving is a great time to go with the Chrismtas decorations and it's not as busy so going right after should be perfect!

Have fun!

Jenn

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy> Melissa,

I think the week after Thanksgiving is one of the best times to experience Disneyland! It will be in full Christmas spirit at that time.

I think the parking structure is running at $7 or $8 a day, and I have no idea about in/out privies - sorry.

Don't know anything about the hotel info, though. Sorry.

Hopefully, more people will have info to share with you. :)

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

Thanks for your help Jennifer and Mary Jo. Anyone else have any info on Embassy Suites Disneyland? Thanks.

Melissa

dancecindy.gif

Hey! We were just there last weekend and stayed at the Embassy Suites (Anaheim/Disney). I think you would be very happy there with a family. It's a typical Embassy Suites; nicely decorated and the hot breakfast alone makes it a great deal. I saw some literature there about Disney Passports and Early Entry, so there is something available in that respect. Sorry, we only went to DL for a day so I didn't look too closely at the info, but I'm sure the hotel people could fill you in. The pool seemed to be enjoyable, yes it is indoors, but there's an outdoor patio also. It is quite a nice hotel - our rate was $139 so you seem to have gotten a good deal.

The parking garage was $8 and is gigantic! We went on a Monday and virtually walked on to almost every ride and were able to snag a table at Blue Bayou without any difficulty . It was not at all crowded. You'll probably have a similar experience the week after thanksgiving - on the weekdays anyway. I think weekends are a whole other animal. You'll experience traffic and construction getting from hotel to park, take surface streets and allow plenty of time. I would take Glassell to Lincoln to Ball to Garage, rather than Disneyland Way, but my husband sez my routes are arcane so you might want to check the map!

The entire area around the park has changed dramatically (since our last trip in 1995) and much is still under construction; new hotels and such. They call the entire area "The Anaheim Resort" - a stretch IMHO. We were glad to be staying outside the "resort" in a quieter area.

BTW, the purpose of our trip was to see The Lion King at the Pantages in Hollywood and it was fabulous!

Have a wonderful time - we will be in WDW at Dixie Landings - oops I mean Port Orleans/Riverside - that week

The parking garage does not have in/out priviledges.

I'm sure there are multi-park passes, but don't know prices. One day admission was $43.00 for adults.

When we were there - Monday, off season, there was only one pm parade - no fireworks, no fantasmic. Those now only take place on weekends in off season, and the park closed at 8pm. I believe Disney will consider the week after thanksgiving to be off season, so if you want to see those things - and you should - you'll have to brave the Saturday crowds! The Christmas decorations should be up for you, though.

Downtown Disney, which is nothing more than an upscale shopping mall with cool architecture, is open until 2:30 am!

Hope this helps with your planning!

Thanks CherylSeattle for your great response! I did call Disney about the parking garage last week and they said there are in and out priveleges with your receipt but they probably don't have their info correct. Oh well, I'm not too surprised. We'll probably just take the shuttle. Thanks for the positive response about the hotel. I think we will be very happy with it. I have a question about the Lion King show though. Will kids like it? Or is it something that is more for adults? Is it hard to get tickets for it? How far away from DL is the theater? How much are tickets?

Melissa

dancecindy.gif

Disney does NOT consider this off-season time. You will get all of the holiday magic, parades, and this year snow and fireworks every nite! It is absolutely the best time to go! Thanksgiving day is very crowded, but if you could start your vacation on the Sunday after Thanksgiving it would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

See you at the park

:cool:

Thats good news that it won't be off season for you. You'll get all the cool stuff and not the crowds!

I could cop to being wrong on the parking garage in/out thing.

As far as The Lion King Broadway show - I believe the run ends in April unless they extend it. I bought my tickets last summer for this January trip and they were hard to come by. $75 each. But it wouldn't hurt to ask if the show's being extended and there might be special pricing for kids. Hollywood is about an hour from Anaheim. It would totally be worth it, in my opinion, if it's still there when you are.

Last I heard, Lion King was extended through at least October and probably beyond (this was after the 1st week!)--look for it to run awhile! It is about an hour north of Anaheim--a little tricky to get there if you do not know the freeway system but I am sure you could get a shuttle/bus to the show. Be sure to ask if you book the tickets. I have not heard any negative feedback about it and I am sure kids would love it! I know they have matinees that do not cost and arm and a leg!

The parking lot used to be in/out (not sure about now) but with the crowds the way they have been before the new park even opens, I don't think I would risk leaving--you might not get back in! The last several weeks parking after about 9:30am has been NONEXISTENT anywhere close to the parks!

Disneyland Resort 3-Day Flex Ticket

Adult
$111.00

Child (ages 3-9)
$87.00

Children under 3 years
Free

Flex Tickets valid after February 7th, 2001.

Must be used within 14 days of first visit.
Includes one Early Admission*

Disneyland Resort 4-Day Flex Ticket

Adult
$137.00

Child (ages 3-9)
$107.00

Children under 3 years
Free

Flex Tickets valid after February 7th, 2001.

Must be used within 14 days of first visit.
Includes Early Admission*

see you at the park

:coo

[This message was edited by ilovemky on 01-30-01 at 08:45 AM.]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter