CRT vs Storybook???

mmarcavage

Earning My Ears
We're going in Dec & I'm trying to decide which one to do...(I know, assuming I could even get a CRT reservation if I try!). My 4 yr old daughter loves ALL the princesses, so even though I know there's something special about eating in Cindy's castle...she wants the most princesses she can see....based on past experiences which one do you think we'll see more at??

Storybook. I have done both with my girls. The Castle is an Experience but the majority of the excitement seems to be more the anticipation of the castle. DOn't get me wrong I LOVED it.... and I assmed that the Storybook Breakfast would be such a step down but I was soooooo pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and to be honest the characters..... atleast when we went seemed more personable. The atmosphere was like you were sitting in Belle's or the Seven Dwarfs cottage. All this to say, if you are never coming to Disney ever again, you may want to do it for the "I did it" reason but if you can't get in or you plan to come back sometime..... Storybook will be a treat!!!!
Have a great time!
Beth
(mom of 8 :) )

I agree. Cindy's is great but most of the hype is about eating in the castle. PSB is my DD favorite. Either one is a great choice but with PSB you don't have to stress out about whether you can be one of the very first callers to book it. I do suggest booking it fairly early at your 90 day mark just to be safe.

I say go for CRT. The food wasn't that great at either (when we went - 7/2003). We did it for the princesses. I just liked the Castle and all. I'd say try for CRT and if you can't get it, go for PSB. Plus Cinderella will be at the castle, not PSB, unless that has changed since we went. Good Luck.

Have you thought about doing both? We have done the castle before and DD5 loves it! She thinks it is automatic that we will eat there- thank goodness we got it. Nothing beats the atmosphere of eating with Cinderella and the princesses in the castle. However, DD also loves Jasmine and we are going to try to see her at PSB as she is usually there. Let's hope she is there the morning we are!
Good luck- she will love either I'm sure!princess:

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts! Tink2, I'd love to do both but it's my DS bd and we're doing Chef Mickey's, Breakfastasaurus(?), and MVMCP along with whichever princess meal we choose....so I think 1 is my limit. :( I think I'm leaning to PSB, my daughter does love Cindy but I'm sure we'll see her at MK...whereas last year we did not see Jasmine or Mulan other than in the MGM parade and she loves them all equally.

Decisions...decisions....

You might want to make PS's for both just in case. I only tried for PSB & I had a hard time getting the PS first thing in the am on the 90th day out.

All I'm saying is PSB isn't a sure bet either! Make both at the 90 day mark, and then decide later. You can cancel up to 48 hours ahead with no penalty.

Personally I prefer PSB - thought the food was far superior. But I'm glad we have done CRT cos it's special eating in the Castle.

Originally posted by kimwim8
You might want to make PS's for both just in case. I only tried for PSB & I had a hard time getting the PS first thing in the am on the 90th day out.

All I'm saying is PSB isn't a sure bet either! Make both at the 90 day mark, and then decide later. You can cancel up to 48 hours ahead with no penalty.

Don't they bill you for CRT within 48 hrs of making PS? I thought I had read that somewhere & that it was nonchangeable after that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter