Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the reports this morning of being required to book what equates to deluxe accommodations if one wants to reschedule from the closure period, I am incredibly happy that before everything went down, I booked a trip in November to cover us in case our July trip got cancelled. Having to move our trip from a moderate to deluxe would have likely made the trip an impossibility for us.

Just got off the phone with Disney. Attempted to rebook my June 18 reservation at Pop. She tried booking ANY three nights at any of the DVC or FW and nothing available. Her only advice was to try again in the days to come and hope there are future cancellations. In the end my reservation will prob just cancel itself. I am an annual Passholder from NY and very concerned I will not be able to book anymore trips while my AP timeline keeps ticking away.
Were you trying to rebook the same June 18 dates and there was no availability or were you trying to rebook to a post-July 11 date?

I just realized- Disney is only booking proprieties that include kitchens for every guest... are they doing this so if guests get quarantined while onsite they know they won’t have to do anything since groceries can be ordered online?

DVC studios don’t really have kitchens. Just a microwave. Not certain, but I think most regular hotel rooms have that as well.

Were you trying to rebook the same June 18 dates and there was no availability or were you trying to rebook to a post-July 11 date?
Wondering the same. That would answer my earlier concern about increasing possible overbooking if you attempted later dates.

We arrive on July 13th, ASMo. Still showing the dinning plan on my reservation. Called yesterday to ask why I haven't been refunded - first level cast member stated that the only thing I can do is wait and hope it gets refunded before we arrive. Asked to speak with guest services; very helpful cast member is keeping an eye on my reservation hoping to help things along. But it sounds like they just want us to cancel this portion of our trip. We also have reservations at AKL and CR for the remainder of our trip.

I think the DVC opening alone at first is just to stop the point issue from accumulating further, not because they are preparing in the event they can’t feed guests.

Studio kitchenettes are not much better for actual cooking purposes than regular rooms. After all you can even “cook” in a value room, just ask the DISers who remember talks of grilled cheese made with irons, and hot dogs in coffee makers.

Has anything been posted on what the resort amenities look like at HHI or Vero, since we're within 10 days of opening there? It seems like we would see something there first to project what could be minimums when the WDW DVC opens a week later.

Disney isn't , directly earning interest (investing) your deposits. It is, slightly, reducing the amount of money Disney needs to borrow. Look at it from a different direction. Disney wasn't sure when the resorts would reopen. Does it make sense, from Disney's point of view, to have a rolling cancellation process or to suddenly try to book the resorts with 2 weeks notice?

That said Universal did a much better job pegging the date.

If they’re actually starting to do it, we’ll know soon enough. But quite often, when we see just a very few second hand reports, there turns out to be some extenuating circumstances. There’s certainly no pattern yet, but hopefully soon we’ll find out by more people reporting or maybe, just maybe Disney will say something! Radical idea, I know. lol

Absolutely. It does mean that at least a few guests were contacted, moved, and not given a choice.. Why? Who knows?

And, it does begin to support some of the initial reports on what may happen, may still be part of the eventual plan. Some new information seems to suggest deludes will open around park opening.

What surprise me today more than anything about the modifications is that these would be new reservations and last week, it was those would not be happening until they dealt with people with reservations and tickets.

I think the DVC opening alone at first is just to stop the point issue from accumulating further, not because they are preparing in the event they can’t feed guests.

And disney has legal issues if they don't open the DVC resorts if they can. They don't have many options there because the DVC members are the ones who own the resorts.

DVC studios don’t really have kitchens. Just a microwave. Not certain, but I think most regular hotel rooms have that as well.
DVC studios have a half fridge (not just a cube), microwave, toaster, coffee maker, coffee/sugar/creamer, sink, dish towel, sponge, dish soap, cabinets stocked with various disposable plates, bowls, forks/knives/spoons, cups, coffee cups, etc.

Anyone else feel free to add to the list as I’m sure I forget something.

Has anything been posted on what the resort amenities look like at HHI or Vero, since we're within 10 days of opening there? It seems like we would see something there first to project what could be minimums when the WDW DVC opens a week later.

DVC website says limited access to pools and resort amenities. QS and some TS would be a viable, but could have limited menus

We arrive on July 13th, ASMo. Still showing the dinning plan on my reservation. Called yesterday to ask why I haven't been refunded - first level cast member stated that the only thing I can do is wait and hope it gets refunded before we arrive. Asked to speak with guest services; very helpful cast member is keeping an eye on my reservation hoping to help things along. But it sounds like they just want us to cancel this portion of our trip. We also have reservations at AKL and CR for the remainder of our trip.

I have not received refunds for the dining plan for my July 19 or August 24th trips. Both still show the dining plan in MDE. I don't think they have finished the changes yet.

Studio kitchenettes are not much better for actual cooking purposes than regular rooms. After all you can even “cook” in a value room, just ask the DISers who remember talks of grilled cheese made with irons, and hot dogs in coffee makers.

Actually, it was because they no longer had the legal ground to stand on to keep them shut much longer. There is very specific language that allowed them to legally shut them down and pretty specific guidelines as to get them open back up ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter