Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who booked *free* dining in June or before July 11, on the guest recovery offer, are not being offered the discount on a future booking. I guess that they are SOL. It’s not a good look for Disney.
I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Someone over on Touring Plans reported today that they were able to modify their June recovery FD booking to BCV in October and received 35% off their room cost in the process.

Yes, nothing has happened so far and I wouldn’t expect to see it for a while. I don’t think we have confirmation of how they’re handling closed resort and those guests yet. So it’s all up in the air.
Disney needs to show some respect for those with reservations from Mid-July onward and tell us whats happening, or at least what the plan is. If the resorts are closed, whats the next course of action?

Since @rteetz posted the Dis Universal Twitter feed I don't feel too guilty about sharing my experience at Volcano Bay. They are doing an excellent job at reminding people about mask and social distancing. This morning it was pretty dead (9:30am) but it picked up a bit later in the morning. All the slides were "ride now" so no need for tapu tapu, all the cabanas and premium seating were sold out come 11am (they were doing social distance on those so not all were available) at $250 for cabanas and $80 per premium seating.
Universal just also shared a lot of ap perks coming our way from premium parking for free to ap entrances through bag check, at the parks, a free refillable mug, and of course the ap magnets, buttons and regular discount on merch and food
Come to the dark side everyone, we have a fire breathing dragon :D
I might head over t the parks on Monday to check the queues, they do look non existent today
BTW I'm not comparing both properties, just saying there are other options out there

Need some advice... We are scheduled to stay at Fort Wilderness Campground from June 22nd - July 3rd. This was booked since Dec. So happens opening day of the campground is set for June 22nd. We are AP holders. We go to parks almost every day while staying at the campground. But since the parks will be closed, we see no reason to spend on average $160 a day for a campsite to just sit in our trailer. Yes we can ride bikes, enjoy the outdoors, etc. but we can do this at home or at a state park for way less. Also we still don't know if the pools, movie and singalongs at the campground will be up and running. We would like to reschedule to the end of July. From what I have read so far, we will not be allowed to reschedule since we are in the "non affected window". We will be calling in this weekend to see what can be done. Do we play the parks will be close so you should let us reschedule for July? Do we wait another week to see if they contact us? We were hoping for a chance at a soft opening since they are opening some resorts June 22nd, but I doubt that will happen anytime before July 5th. Would hate to lose a spot in July because we waited and they are all booked up. Just wanted to be prepared for when we make the call. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!
Next week Fri your window should be open. They’re dealing with one week at a time and there is nothing you can say to change that, nothing that will get your window open earlier.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Someone over on Touring Plans reported today that they were able to modify their June recovery FD booking to BCV in October and received 35% off their room cost in the process.
And that would be the only anecdotal evidence of anyone being able to reschedule at the discounted rate...one post on another message board. If you look at the poll on the Resorts Board, 0% who had the *free* dining recovery offer have responded that they have received an offer to re-book at a later date for 35% off of the room rate. The rest have either been offered the discount on their existing reservation or they have heard nothing at all.

You would think that at this point, someone on the disboards would have received that offer. Unless it is being released in dribs and drabs.

Since @rteetz posted the Dis Universal Twitter feed I don't feel too guilty about sharing my experience at Volcano Bay. They are doing an excellent job at reminding people about mask and social distancing. This morning it was pretty dead (9:30am) but it picked up a bit later in the morning. All the slides were "ride now" so no need for tapu tapu, all the cabanas and premium seating were sold out come 11am (they were doing social distance on those so not all were available) at $250 for cabanas and $80 per premium seating.
Universal just also shared a lot of ap perks coming our way from premium parking for free to ap entrances through bag check, at the parks, a free refillable mug, and of course the ap magnets, buttons and regular discount on merch and food
Come to the dark side everyone, we have a fire breathing dragon :D
I might head over t the parks on Monday to check the queues, they do look non existent today
BTW I'm not comparing both properties, just saying there are other options out there

I am going to VB next weekend (I'm an out of stater, first timer, going because I was impatient waiting for Disney, lol), and have been eyeing the cabanas. Do I need to call and reserve now, or can we get one the morning we arrive?

I am going to VB next weekend (I'm an out of stater, first timer, going because I was impatient waiting for Disney, lol), and have been eyeing the cabanas. Do I need to call and reserve now, or can we get one the morning we arrive?
last ot on this
I would call now, they tend to sell out quickly, cancellation policy I believe is 72 hours, you have to pay in full when you reserve. There's a thread on the Universal board about VB

Disney needs to show some respect for those with reservations from Mid-July onward and tell us whats happening, or at least what the plan is. If the resorts are closed, whats the next course of action?
They haven’t done so in any way since the beginning of this mess, I don’t look for that to change. If you don’t have the mindset that you’re just lucky they’re letting you come, you probably are going to have issues.

And that would be the only anecdotal evidence of anyone being able to reschedule at the discounted rate...one post on another message board. If you look at the poll on the Resorts Board, 0% who had the *free* dining recovery offer have responded that they have received an offer to re-book at a later date for 35% off of the room rate. The rest have either been offered the discount on their existing reservation or they have heard nothing at all.

You would think that at this point, someone on the disboards would have received that offer. Unless it is being released in dribs and drabs.
Not to be pedantic, but someone else pointed out on this thread that another person has been able to move a reservation with the 35% discount. So, that's actually two pieces of anecdotal evidence.

Come to the dark side everyone, we have a fire breathing dragon :D.....

I’m getting closer and closer- it’s a hard jump for me but the more I see, the more I like. My grandson is a fraction of an inch away from being able to ride everything. His only trip to UO was at 3 and of course he hated it because he couldn’t ride the big stuff. He’s 8 now and a thrill ride junkie. Disney may lose him forever once we make the break. I was hoping for 1 more trip before it happened, but it’s not looking good. Maybe I’ll try stretching him. lol

Those within the June 5 - June 21 check-in date range could modify their reservations to dates between July 11 - December 31, 2020 today. If they had free dining or the guest recovery promo on their June bookings, they were not offered a 35% discount on a modified booking. I do not know if any of them ever received an e-mail updating their original June reservation to reflect 35% off their rack rate room for their June dates. Even if they did, they are not allowing that discount to transfer to a modified booking. It's basically the same thing that happens during normal operating times - you can't simply transfer a discount if that discount doesn't apply to new dates.

A discount?? Crud...I shouldn't have canceled my June trip.

Not to be pedantic, but someone else pointed out on this thread that another person has been able to move a reservation with the 35% discount. So, that's actually two pieces of anecdotal evidence.
Link?

I find the touring plans post questionable. The poster claims to have booked a BCV studio, which Disney CRO could not have added to their inventory without jumping in line ahead of every DVC member who waitlisted one for October. And that waitlist has been running since last fall. DVC does not turn unreserved inventory over to CRO until 60 days out. The studio would need to be available and booked using Disney’s DVC points, following the same rules that all members must follow. Members on the waitlist since November should have been taken care of first.

Ok, it’s Friday afternoon. Anyone concerned about what may be announced today? It seems we have a pretty solid track record of significant announcements right before the weekend. Then again, they’ve taken away FPs, ADRs, dining plans, experiences and not announced non-DVC resort openings, so I don’t know what else they could announce?

It's interesting to me that some posters are saying that there's no way Disney could allow hopping and it would mess with capacity when Universal managed it. And yes, I know people will say Disney is bigger and more complicated - but they also have over a month to figure it out.

There seems to be a lot Universal can do Disney is not capable of. Put that in the category of words I never thought I would say.

Ok, it’s Friday afternoon. Anyone concerned about what may be announced today? It seems we have a pretty solid track record of significant announcements right before the weekend. Then again, they’ve taken away FPs, ADRs, dining plans, experiences and not announced non-DVC resort openings, so I don’t know what else they could announce?
What would we talk about all weekend if Disney didn’t do something else to stir us all up?

Nope, I’ve built up antibodies.:) They’ve done all they can to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter