Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney has to worry about one of the four parks hitting the reduced capacity. It’s pretty obvious that Disney is currently overbooked for the opening so adding park hopping would be a big problem. Since Universal doesn’t have that many guests, they don’t have to worry which park those guests go to.
LOL ok then.

As someone who’s going for a week for 4th of July I have been paying close attention. Looking at the Universal App today it had to be a fairly low crowd day. At what would have been peak times most rides were standby and walk on.
Definitely check weekend wait times. APs usually come on the weekends. I would say maybe 90% of the visitors right now are local. Also TM are blocked out until the 7th so they'll be able to visit starting next week

Definitely check weekend wait times. APs usually come on the weekends. I would say maybe 90% of the visitors right now are local. Also TM are blocked out until the 7th so they'll be able to visit starting next week

Yeah I am going to check every day. I’m an out of state premier pass holder. I was there last year during Fourth of July week and the crowds weren’t bad, much better than Xmas and New Years.

Guests with resort stays and airline tickets need more than 2 weeks notice. I cant believe how badly this is being handled
They do indeed! But Disney doesn’t care and obviously believes their business prospects are so good they don’t have to. Considering people are still buying and renewing annual passes when we literally have no idea when they will be valid for use or what they will be useful for they might be right.

So here is my thinking. I rebooked my Pop weekend to whatever was available. I hope and pray they open more resorts (that I can actually afford) between now and Sept. I was also told the 35% AP discount would be applied at a later date, just not right now. Worst case if I can’t reschedule I cancel for a full refund. Being an AP from NY I’m just worried I won’t even be able to get into the Parks over the last 9 months that my AP is valid.
What AP discount? Last AP discount was through July 9th and a new one has not come out yet. It’s not always 35% off either.

What AP discount? Last AP discount was through July 9th and a new one has not come out yet. It’s not always 35% off either.
The last AP discount was 35% off deluxe. I know, I HAD it on all my reservations and on the last one I have standing. It’s combined with the sun n fun because it expired on the 9th.

For all the good that does me. They are not honoring past discounts and I’m afraid she’s in for a surprise when they don’t apply it.

I think it’s a bit funny they had to cover that fact.... I can hear it now- y’all are NOT going on Dumbo! Not you! Not your kid! Not your partner! NOBODY!!! 😂
I’m actually glad to hear it, though. Wouldn’t be shocked if players and families got some sort of comp, maybe per team(s) even, as they’re eliminated for special after hours events before heading home.
But doing that and maintaining a bubble while actively trying to get under capacity limits would have screamed elitism at a whole new level that even TWDC wasn’t comfortable embracing right now.

I’m actually glad to hear it, though. Wouldn’t be shocked if players and families got some sort of comp, maybe per team(s) even, as they’re eliminated for special after hours events before heading home.
But doing that and maintaining a bubble while actively trying to get under capacity limits would have screamed elitism at a whole new level that even TWDC wasn’t comfortable embracing right now.
Rest assured, they’ll give them private parks at night or something. But no, they won’t have them rubbing elbows with the germ ridden general population.

Rest assured, they’ll give them private parks at night or something. But no, they won’t have them rubbing elbows with the germ ridden general population.
I don’t doubt that. And, for the families of the players especially, I’m ok with it. As teams are eliminated.

You can choose not to go and still complain about the poor communication and service Disney has provided. Telling people to basically shut up and cancel is not helpful.

I’d suggest at least emailing Disney to let them know your concerns. They should at least know why we cancelled.

Yes, but repeating virtually the same negative comment against Disney in this 1000+ page thread isn’t particularly helpful either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter