Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, I hope they’re not finished. I’m booked 7/12-7/19. My Platinum AP expires 7/14 & hasn’t been extended yet.

I havent seen any people having things in common enough to suggest that they’re only doing it to a certain group of AP’s. I think we’ll see more extensions tomorrow and potentially up until we get official reservation news.

Disney is giving me the full year I paid for, which is all I expected from them. I’ve been a FL resident AP for a looong time, and Disney has given me an extra month here and an extra month there over the years. I will be thrilled if they do that this time, but they have no obligation to do so. I never thought I’d be in a place where I’d be genuinely worried about Disney’s survival, but the global pandemic has made everything seem more fragile. Disney needs to do what they need to do to survive, and I’m ok with that. I called before I renewed, and I was told that I’d get an extension for the number of days they were closed. That’s what I got, and I’m fine with that. As for the rumored limit on the number of reservations that an AP can have per month, I’m waiting for an announcement from Disney. Even if it’s true, I don’t expect that I’ll be wanting to go more than once or twice a month for a while anyway.

They absolute do owe you that if you paid for no blockout dates and are then blocked out a majority of dates for an undetermined amount of time, possibly months and months.

What YOU personally want to do with your AP should have no bearing on what is fair or right. I don’t want to only go once or twice a month. If I did, I would have never bought a platinum AP. There are lots of laws and rules that wouldn’t apply to me or affect me. But if they were unjust for someone else, I’d still fight like heck for them.

Disney is giving me the full year I paid for.... Disney needs to do what they need to do to survive.
I’d be a heck of a lot happier with the last two weeks of March that I paid for being given to me in 2021 instead of subbing in two crap weeks in freaking JULY in FL.

Just so you know Disney has enough cash on hand they could stay closed for the year fine. Your trip cut backs aren’t helping them survive, not remotely. Admittedly Chapek probably does need his 50% salary to pay for that upgraded mansion he bought when he got promoted 🤣

Ive been a diamond elite member in the past. 6 Flags is not a 365 day park other than MM and maybe SFoG. Not to mention a diamond pass is still less than $200, Barely the cost of a 1 day park hopper at Disney. And I expect it to be much easier to make a reservation for 6 Flags than Disney. Even Universal doesnt require them. Yet they gave me almost a free month on my extension. How hard would it be for Disney to give their most loyal fans a month or two free?

You expect far to little from them.

1) doesnt matter for how long. They can afford it or else they should remain closed.
2) why?
3) So? Some do go every day. What would it actually cost Disney to stop the clock until reservations are over? I think you’re overestimating how long the current capacity and need for reservations for last. Even if it’s a year, give us a “free” year of no fireworks, parades, park hopping or normal hours. I love this place more than anywhere on earth. But if this is how they treat their most loyal fans, they will never reach the potential they once had. And it makes me sad and angry to see them damage their reputation.

How about this? Season pass is extended one day if they completely sell out of every reservvation at every park for that day? If you can get a reservation morning of that day counts. That work? That is a day you can use you pass.

You know..like they do if they reach capacity on christmas or new years.. oh wait..

They absolute do owe you that if you paid for no blockout dates and are then blocked out a majority of dates for an undetermined amount of time, possibly months and months.
But we don’t actually know they’re blocking us from anything (other than the block outs built into the various AP types). Getting a reservation may be way easier that the rumor makes it sound. As for park hopping, I haven’t actually done it in years—it just wastes too much time. In any event, I’m just thrilled they’re going to open.

How about this? Season pass is extended one day if they completely sell out of every reservvation at every park for that day? If you can get a reservation morning of that day counts. That work? That is a day you can use you pass.

You know..like they do if they reach capacity on christmas or new years.. oh wait..

I didn’t pay to go to Epcot every day...

I hope this is true. It’s the only positive explanation I’ve seen. I’ll keep my head up until official word is given. Until I read your comment I couldn’t think of why they’d update it only to update it again. This makes sense and I’ll call off the dogs.

But seeing people saying things like this is all they expected and being ok with it is a problem too. No, you absolutely need to hold a multibillion dollar company accountable and give you what you deserve. It’s not entitled, especially dealing with a giant like Disney, when other lesser parks are doing much better things.

I’m going to return to my optimistic state that Disney will make everything right.

Its hard to get hopes up in these times, and even with Disney because they’ve been disappointing a large amount of people with seemingly every announcement or rumor that have come out. And even things that seem logical like that I heard and relayed to you, they pull you in with hopeful possibilities just to leave you with nothing more than lost hope. But extending everyone just to make sure potential guests in July or maybe into August that had expired passes and promised an extension for makes a lot of logical sense. Its a lot easier to change the expiration date again deeper into the future, and if thats the case, they then have until August to figure out what their plan for compensation is.

I’m going to be optimistic on this one and hope that this turns out to be the case

I know you are upset but maybe wait and see how hard resevations are to get first.

Which is what I was doing until now. But when Disney themselves say that they expect to sell out whatever capacity they allow in and then go weeks with zero information and do this, I panic a bit. I’m holding int hope, but Shanghai sold out in minutes. WDW is a biiit more popular.

I get that it could end up being much easier, but that’s not what has been communicated to us thus far. On top of that, I see people on here that are fine with it, no matter how hard it is to get reservations. So I get a little heated when I see people letting corporations off the hook that easy. It makes it more likely they’ll screw us over in the future.

From the beginning was 100% confident they would do the right thing. And they may very well still do everything right and everything will be A-Ok with reservations. I’m just getting ahead of the ball and thinking worst case scenario because I don’t like that possibility and the fact that some seem to think it’s fine. They had to know this would get the message board speculators rilled up after weeks and weeks of no communication.

Last edited:
Which is what I was doing until now. But when Disney themselves say that they expect to sell out whatever capacity they allow in and then go weeks with zero information and do this, I panic a bit. I’m holding int hope, but Shanghai sold out in minutes. WDW is a biiit more popular.

I get that it could end up being much easier, but that’s not what has been communicated to us thus far. On top of that, I see people on here that are fine with it, no matter how hard it is to get reservations. So I get a little heated when I see people letting corporations off the hook that easy. It makes it more likely they’ll screw us over in the future.

From the beginning was 100% confident they would do the right thing. And they may very well still do everything right and everything will be A-Ok with reservations. I’m just getting ahead of the ball and thinking worst case scenario because I don’t like that possibility and the fact that some seem to think it’s fine. They had to know this would get the message board speculators rilled up after weeks and weeks of no communication.

I agree with you. I have a sep trip which I don't think is going to happen.

My next big trip is marathon weekend. I normally stay on property for transportation reasons and go to the parks after most races and stay a day or two after the races to have run (current plan is arrive wed and leave next wed and all on property). Since I've paid for the races if I can't get park reservations I'll make it a race only trip, stay off property and leave day after the marathon and not go to the parks.

I doubt that will be the case but if I can't do parks I won't stay on-site.

I do though thhink it is way too early to panic. I'm looking at SFoG and there is not a single day you can't easily get a reservation to.

I agree with you. I have a sep trip which I don't think is going to happen.

My next big trip is marathon weekend. I normally stay on property for transportation reasons and go to the parks after most races and stay a day or two after the races to have run (current plan is arrive wed and leave next wed and all on property). Since I've paid for the races if I can't get park reservations I'll make it a race only trip, stay off property and leave day after the marathon and not go to the parks.

I doubt that will be the case but if I can't do parks I won't stay on-site.

I do though thhink it is way too early to panic. I'm looking at SFoG and there is not a single day you can't easily get a reservation to.

This could be ignorant and straight up wrong, but theres probably not a single SF park that has a higher attendance on their highest attended day of a given year than Disney has at any of their 6 US parks even on their slowest park’s slowest day of the year.

So saying people shouldn’t worry about the hype for Disney’s reopening based on SFoG is probably a little apples and oranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter