Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
After digesting all the info yesterday, I am now curious if we will still be paying for parking at the resorts?

Yes. Disney has already announced that standard resort parking fees are in affect:

"Parking
Self-parking will be available. Valet service is temporarily unavailable, with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance. A valid disability parking permit is required. Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests."

Is Universal requiring park reservations for their onsite guests?

No - Universal does not have a park reservation system. Guests staying at Uni hotels are guaranteed park entry for the days of their hotel stays (Uni has already worked those guests into their capacity numbers).

There are subtle Disney touches. Nothing overt like you would find at AoA Little Mermaid rooms. Small hidden Mickeys in the drapes and woodwork and sofa pillows. Disney-esque pictures and wall hangings. Much less “in your face” design. Have the kids search for hidden Mickeys in the room. That can make it a little more fun.
Agreed! My kids absolutely love OKW because of the sand castle slide and sandy beach area. The OKW rooms are also very large and spacious.

I have a reservation at Pop checking in Aug 1st (I also have an active AP). Will I be able to make Park reservations on June 22? Or do I need to call first, have my resort switched to an open resort, and then be eligible to make reservations?

Make park reservations Monday. Any hotel changes you make yourself, you’ll have to pay the difference on.

That's total crap.

They allowed me to book room only for 2021 and lock in my room rate at 2020 prices, like always.

Now they are forcing me to rebook as a package and pay 2021 room rates???

Get lost Disney, i'll fight that tooth and nail.

I still don't believe it. I have to be able to buy tickets separately.
I always thought the RO reservation at the prior year rate was a placeholder and the price would adjust to the new rate once pricing was available...is that not the case? You actually keep the 2020 room rate for your 2021 reservation?

I have a reservation at Pop checking in Aug 1st (I also have an active AP). Will I be able to make Park reservations on June 22? Or do I need to call first, have my resort switched to an open resort, and then be eligible to make reservations?
I would think that you are safe to make your park reservation even if your resort is eventually changed by Disney. I just switched DVC rooms yesterday from a one bedroom at the VGF to treehouse at Saratoga during the times the parks are closed. I had already made my dining reservations and was concerned that they would be eliminated. The CM said that they just do and internal change of the resort but the reservation number stays the same so no other attachments are changed.

Whew! I made it thru the last 40 pages.

So it seems like we may actually have everyone booking for park reservations thru 9/2021 on Monday. I know that Disney doesn't give a fig about how I think they should run their operation, but it seems like there could have been at least one more date at the beginning where people with resort stays and active ticket media could have reserved for dates in 2020. Even better if they had separated it into two additional booking dates....those within 60 days for 2020, and those with dates for the remainder of 2020, then allow 2021.

I am also unimpressed at the AP consolation prize of 1 extra month. Without the ability to park hop, with special events and experiences put on hold for the unforeseen future, and limited dining options (especially for those of us with Tables in Wonderland), it will be really difficult to make up for 4 lost months worth of pass value in 5 months.

I think it may be only through 2020. There is some rumors of truth to that though. I guess people with 2021 will find out Monday unless we get some official word before then from Disney.

I am all caught up but now the information is a blur lol so did we figure out if park reservations were going to be timed or not? I think the consensus was the “time” we select is the entire park opening-close hours (so like 9-7 if those are the park hours for that day). Correct? 🤪

For WDW it will just be choosing park hours. You will not be limited to times

Cast members are telling UK guests on the phone today that the reservation system monday is only for 2020 and 2021 will be another date.... havent got a clue who to believe right now

I wanted to jump on this morning to share this same tidbit. I am not a UK guest, but I was on a FB live last night with a travel group I am part of and the TA said the same thing. She said Monday is for the rest of 2020, and then 2021 would be later ("soon"??).

I'm sure this info is available somewhere in this thread, but a quick (hopefully) question. We already have 5 day park hoppers purchased from UT linked in MDE from a cancelled trip. Now, my TA says I'll have to purchase a package with tickets to be able to book for April 2021? I hope that's not the case. Can't afford to re-purchase tickets.

It sounds like they are not doing any room only bookings when it starts on June 28th.

I'm sure this info is available somewhere in this thread, but a quick (hopefully) question. We already have 5 day park hoppers purchased from UT linked in MDE from a cancelled trip. Now, my TA says I'll have to purchase a package with tickets to be able to book for April 2021? I hope that's not the case. Can't afford to re-purchase tickets.

We have very similar issue. 2 cm have both told me that if you can see your resort and those tickets linked in MDE you are all set for Monday. I hope they are right.

On Facebook seems like a lot of AP's are looking to cancel their pass. Some because of the virus but a lot more because of the 3 day rule. Disney can't afford to alienate their AP base right now. If Ap's cancel who will go to the parks? They have a very short memory. AP's are who kept them afloat after 9/11.

Just hang tight. It’s a little murky right now but I’m sure well before your trip they’ll have something figured out. I would call the 28th just in case. Also, you can always rent dvc points if you want to get a room sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter