Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when they will open up other restaurants at the resorts that are opening later this summer. For example - I have a late August trip, and would like to book Sebastian's Bistro. CBR will be open by then, but who knows if/when Sebastian's will open.
I'm hoping the same thing. my kids really love chef mickeys and I know CR says they open July 10th. hopefully will come online to book once they open.

I went to bed close to 3am and set an alarm for 6:45am and was able to use mobile browser to book everything for my late August trip that I wanted. Restaurants definitely limited in the table service arena, but I got pretty much all the times I wanted without issue. Finished by 7:20am and slept for a couple more hours. Here's to hoping the availability is just as good tomorrow for everyone! :D

I booked two ADRs for Tiffins online this morning with only momentary hold screens. I already canceled one after consulting with my sister on which was best. So we have a 5:55pm dinner when the parks close at 6, which is nice for not eating into limited park hours.

Just got a phone call from my travel agency. Apparently Pop will not be open during my stay and they are asking me if I want to move or cancel. No word yet on the new hotel. This is August 8th arrival.

I'd try to double check on that. That is either an error or a big bomb drop of extremely new information!

I'd try to double check on that. That is either an error or a big bomb drop of extremely new information!
Called them back and they told me that they aren't sure how long it will take to be assigned a new hotel. I asked if I am not happy, can I still cancel the reservation, and they said yes that other people have called back to cancel after being relocated. UGH! I wanted POP!

Called them back and they told me that they aren't sure how long it will take to be assigned a new hotel. I asked if I am not happy, can I still cancel the reservation, and they said yes that other people have called back to cancel after being relocated. UGH! I wanted POP!
Currently, Pop is still listed on the website as opening on July 10th, so I'm interested in seeing how this situation plays out. I wonder if the confirm/cancel email that many of us got confused the TA?

Just got a phone call from my travel agency. Apparently Pop will not be open during my stay and they are asking me if I want to move or cancel. No word yet on the new hotel. This is August 8th arrival.
Yeah what new inside info did they just get? Either they're coasting based on the initial opening list and made an oopsie or they got the drop on some major new info. I'd call back and have them double check that.

Is everyone able to get a test (that wants one) in FL? I just tried to register for one (I am in NY) and it said I didn't qualify for a test so couldn't get one
In FL testing is available to anyone for any or no reason at all. There are almost 50 testing sites IIRC in pop-up, drive-thru, walk-up and diagnostic center testing. They encourage anyone, with or without symptoms to get tested if you want to.

Is anyone surprised how late the restaurants are open in the parks? We have several reservations for close to park closing time. We wanted them as late as we could so that we could go back and rest in the heat of the afternoons but I was shocked we could book within half an hour of park closing.

Yeah what new inside info did they just get? Either they're coasting based on the initial opening list and made an oopsie or they got the drop on some major new info. I'd call back and have them double check that.
I am going to call (again) as soon as I leave work. Of course this happens the day that I don't work at home! They only gave me two options, cancel or relocate.

Is everyone able to get a test (that wants one) in FL? I just tried to register for one (I am in NY) and it said I didn't qualify for a test so couldn't get one
If you want a test in Florida you can get one. There are no restrictions other than being at least 18 years old. Some counties do require registration and being from that country. The majority have little requirements and plenty of sites to get tested at. You do not have to have symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter