Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... a few days after they reduced hours. :rolleyes:

I mean, so great as a day or short tripper you got in and got everything you wanted done in the opening hours.

But what about people planning to be there a full week or more? What do they do after the parks close. One evening at DS. Then what?

THERE IS NOTHING TO DO IN THE EVENINGS AT ALL!! Not what you want on a substantial length vacation at Disney prices!

New plan: get a couple bottles of wine and spend the evenings post-dinner on the balcony relaxing, reading a book, and just enjoying each others’ company.

Do we really think NBA will be there next year, Spring? :(

This is all so exhausting. Planning this trip, which is normally fun, just sucks lately.

I can't get excited knowing that I may get a call telling me we can't stay at Gran Destino because NBA will be there, again.
We won't switch to a moderate because I don't like outdoor corridors - won't change my mind.
It's not in the budget this time to book a deluxe.

Ugh. I thought next year would be okay. And we will have to wait until only a couple months before trip to find out. The resort we stay in is the SINGLE most important factor in deciding if we would go or not.

But I'm not panicking. Yet. :)

I think anything is possible. If the virus is still raging, the NBA knows that this works.

It’s impossible to plan. That’s why I have backups and am not getting my hopes up for next year.

..... a few days after they reduced hours. :rolleyes:

I mean, so great as a day or short tripper you got in and got everything you wanted done in the opening hours.

But what about people planning to be there a full week or more? What do they do after the parks close. One evening at DS. Then what?

THERE IS NOTHING TO DO IN THE EVENINGS AT ALL!! Not what you want on a substantial length vacation at Disney prices!

Bingo. They created the demand for a paid evening event.

New plan: get a couple bottles of wine and spend the evenings post-dinner on the balcony relaxing, reading a book, and just enjoying each others’ company.

That sounds awesome for some, probably mostly for locals that can get there a couple of times a year.

You can also do that from home. And it doesn’t cost $1000/day either.

I feel like just cancelling. I'm tired.

Obviously we can go other places and we do, but I really want to go to WDW. It will be 4 years since we've been there. :(

I know. If we can’t go until March 2022 that’s the longest stretch between trips in a long time for us. I’m pretty upset about the prospect, but I don’t want to go the way things are now. Fingers crossed things get better. Hopefully by January, so I can send my kid to school. ;)

But not actually enough demand to run it.... especially when people hear that all it offers is more hours in the parks with walk on rides :rotfl2:

No way.

If they have no parks open after dark and sell tickets to a party where you can have after dark access with limited guests, people will jump on it.

If these lame hrs stick around for a while, people will be clamoring to get in the parks at night, even without fireworks.

Bingo. They created the demand for a paid evening event.

They already had demand for that though? People had their MNSSHP tickets and many voiced their displeasure over the event cancellation. But the demand is in relation to what they can offer to make those hours valuable - if people would pay to go just to see the parks lit up and escape the heat then I’m sure they’d sell them. Would be an interesting prospect.

I feel like just cancelling. I'm tired.

Obviously we can go other places and we do, but I really want to go to WDW. It will be 4 years since we've been there. :(
Why not just cancel for now and consider going later in the year next year?

I know. If we can’t go until March 2022 that’s the longest stretch between trips in a long time for us. I’m pretty upset about the prospect, but I don’t want to go the way things are now. Fingers crossed things get better. Hopefully by January, so I can send my kid to school. ;)

Next year Micky and I will be 25 yrs together! Was supposed to be our celebration trip.

I just complained to him if we have to wait until 2022, we will be too old to enjoy anything. We are 46 right now. :rotfl:

No way.

If they have no parks open after dark and sell tickets to a party where you can have after dark access with limited guests, people will jump on it.

If these lame hrs stick around for a while, people will be clamoring to get in the parks at night, even without fireworks.
All for $300 each, for 3 hours access! Free suveneir wrist band included!

Why not just cancel for now and consider going later in the year next year?

We want to go during Flower/Garden. And quite honestly, I feel like when they open up bookings for the rest of next year, prices will be outrageous!

I'll just keep my reservation, makes no sense to cancel until I see what will happen.
Maybe nothing! Maybe a great upgrade! Maybe I'll come into a ton of money and can book whatever I want! :D

But not actually enough demand to run it.... especially when people hear that all it offers is more hours in the parks with walk on rides :rotfl2:

To create the Demand, they have to offer a fireworks show and a parade.

The best place to social distance a fireworks show is Epcot. It doesn’t have to be at MK.

To create the Demand, they have to offer a fireworks show and a parade.

The best place to social distance a fireworks show is Epcot. It doesn’t have to be at MK.

I think the demand would just to be able to be in the parks after dark if they keep these early closings for a longer period of time. No fireworks needed.

I'm not sure if you can tell, but we'd be those people buying the tickets. ;)

They already had demand for that though? People had their MNSSHP tickets and many voiced their displeasure over the event cancellation. But the demand is in relation to what they can offer to make those hours valuable - if people would pay to go just to see the parks lit up and escape the heat then I’m sure they’d sell them. Would be an interesting prospect.

Halloween Party was too close to the reopening of July probably made it the easiest casualty.

Yeah I know you might be crazy enough to!! But not enough would for it to be viable I suspect.

It's all in how they would market it.

If people, especially new to WDW, think they can get access to the parks at night, something most people can't, they will want to go.

Hopefully these new hrs are very short-lived and none of this will matter anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter