Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your point, but there are things that got cut that would not have. For example, Hoop de Doo Revue which fills 3 shows a night even during the quieter months and is a pricy ticket. It’s a moneymaker and was definitely cut due to covid.
For sure. Because it has great ROI. But isn't currently feasible due to being fully indoors and involves shouting/singing/audience participation in a crowded theater. Not sure anyone would fault Disney for that. But that doesn't explain all of or even most of the layoffs. 780 down to 60 is pretty crazy.

To give some news from Europe. Theme Parks in Belgium, Ireland, Italy, Poland and parts of Spain have closed. German parks got the message tonight: from November 2, parks will close.

Tonight President Macron of France will give a speech with extra measures as well. Prediction is to lock down the country for at least a month. And chances are high, this will include Disneyland Paris.

Fingers crossed!

The 720 layoffs last night and the prospect of DLP closing or reduced operations has put me in a blue mood. I think it makes them lose ground in their “fight” with Newsom.

Their problems are not solely his fault and that can’t pretend it would be rosy and all their CA CMs would have a job, clearly many of them would not.

To give some news from Europe. Theme Parks in Belgium, Ireland, Italy, Poland and parts of Spain have closed. German parks got the message tonight: from November 2, parks will close.

Tonight President Macron of France will give a speech with extra measures as well. Prediction is to lock down the country for at least a month. And chances are high, this will include Disneyland Paris.

Fingers crossed!

I so completely disagree with a full shutting everything down again with every fiber of my being, it actually makes me emotional.
But it is what it is. I hope everyone's business/job can survive a second shutdown, but I doubt it. Good luck DLP.

Last edited:
The 720 layoffs last night and the prospect of DLP closing or reduced operations has put me in a blue mood. I think it makes them lose ground in their “fight” with Newsom.

Their problems are not solely his fault and that can’t pretend it would be rosy and all their CA CMs would have a job, clearly many of them would not.
Operations in DLP were reduced a while ago. The Studios are during the week only open for 5 hours a day.

I don't think either of those affect California.

What’s the point of even having that attitude? It’s done. If you’re going to say that you can flip it and say what if everything had stayed open and a million people died.

There’s always going to be captain hindsight’s. No matter what happened there would be people that would say “if we did it the other way....”.

we’re all part of the problem. I go to the gym and 90% of the people are wearing their masks below their nose. I haven’t met a single person that loves wearing their mask. It’s such a rudimentary task that’s asked of us at this time. Stop being immature “I can’t breathe with it on”, yes you can, stop the lying and just wear it...correctly. You’d think the people that hate wearing them so much would be the first to wear them so we get passed the point of wearing them. This isn’t Newsom science, it’s normal science

I look and see 12 unread pages since I was here last night and think to myself, I guess Ryan didn’t get to run, or eat today
I am waiting to hear how he plans to take a vacation next month!

And...for the record, I plan to just read and not post to help it be extra quiet. Definitely won’t use the m word or suggest a retheme of COA

:stir:
Definitely putting my stir stick down and wishing Ryan a lovely time.

I am waiting to hear how he plans to take a vacation next month!

And...for the record, I plan to just read and not post to help it be extra quiet. Definitely won’t use the m word or suggest a retheme of COA

:stir:
Definitely putting my stir stick down and wishing Ryan a lovely time.

I wouldn’t be opposed to him just locking all the pages he’s in charge of while he’s on vacation. He’s earned the ability to relax a little. Especially with what’s happening outside of Disney around/when he’s away, it’s probably better to just detour everyone over to the community boards

and how dare you even suggest the notion of COA being rethemed. It’s literally a perfect attraction as is.

There’s always going to be captain hindsight’s. No matter what happened there would be people that would say “if we did it the other way....”.

we’re all part of the problem. I go to the gym and 90% of the people are wearing their masks below their nose. I haven’t met a single person that loves wearing their mask. It’s such a rudimentary task that’s asked of us at this time. Stop being immature “I can’t breathe with it on”, yes you can, stop the lying and just wear it...correctly. You’d think the people that hate wearing them so much would be the first to wear them so we get passed the point of wearing them. This isn’t Newsom science, it’s normal science

This is the true problem. We as a whole, despite individuals who can and are doing everything right, have prolonged this with our behaviours, leading to unnecessary suffering for both public health and the economy. Everyone loses. It’s great fun having to rely on others to do the right thing.

Group projects are the worst.

This is the true problem. We as a whole, despite individuals who can and are doing everything right, have prolonged this with our behaviours, leading to unnecessary suffering for both public health and the economy. Everyone loses. It’s great fun having to rely on others to do the right thing.

Group projects are the worst.

I just wanna get health screenings for 2 weeks and ask everyone to quarantine so I can go feel normal again on my private island. But I can’t. Mostly because I don’t have a private island.

I haven’t met a single person that loves wearing their mask.

No one recognizes me and feels the need to catch up at the store after years, don't bother with makeup anymore, can theme to an outfit or season or holiday or sports event, no one recognizes me, no one takes it upon themselves to tell me to smile, can cover up bad skin days, no one recognizes me... I'm a fan! :rotfl:

No one recognizes me and feels the need to catch up at the store after years, don't bother with makeup anymore, can theme to an outfit or season or holiday or sports event, no one recognizes me, no one takes it upon themselves to tell me to smile, can cover up bad skin days, no one recognizes me... I'm a fan! :rotfl:

I definitely don’t need to worry about being recognized anymore. Besides the mask I have grown out a pixie cut, no longer dye my hair and started wearing glasses. I’m safe from people I know. :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter