Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it would be Murder Mouse inviting crowds to his Death Trap (that exits to the gift shop).

“Mickey Mouse was seen running through Disney Springs pulling masks off of guests’s faces and coughing on them before returning them to guests, it was a scene out of a horror movie. I hope this is a lesson that Disney only reopened in attempts to kill all of their guests”

With less capacity in the parks, this is a solid solution. They’d need to seat guests in every third car, giving a full ride cycle for the sprayed car to dry.. guest gets out - next guest gets into a clean car two cars down. The seat vacated is fogged or ozonated... and so on etc.
They could even use one of those UV sterilizers. I never even knew they existed until recently, but if they don't damage the vehicle or create any other issues, they might be a good idea.

So, I don't really know anything about unions - so, does anyone know how this works? Is this a permanent thing, is there a timetable, can this be changed at any time?

I have experience working with unions in a different sector. Generally speaking without knowing the specifics of this particular agreement apart from what's been reported about it, since the mask requirement was part of the union agreement, usually the union and Disney would have to agree to drop the requirement. In my experience, Disney wouldn't be able to just drop the requirement if guests hate it, unless there's some language in the agreement giving them an out. I've never seen such a thing, but my union negotiating experience is in a different area, so maybe there is in this agreement!

You don’t have to fill every cabin each time. With limited guests in the parks there will be less people using the gondolas. Sanitize every other one at a time or something like that.
That could work. It would take a lot of foggers, extra CMs, and special training for CMs. Probably lead to Some initial problems on top of the problems they we’re experiencing before, but it could work. Getting this to work properly would probably require the most training time of anything before they would open it up.

So FL has a mandatory quarantine on people from NY tri-state + other states which is set to expire July 8th. How do we feel like will work if parks open prior to then and handling APs?
Wait til 7/8 is definite? I didn’t think there was a date? Now that pisses me off too! There is absolutely no reason for that now. Definitely not for here. This is all just getting absolutely ridiculous now.

So, I don't really know anything about unions - so, does anyone know how this works? Is this a permanent thing, is there a timetable, can this be changed at any time?
I was wondering too. And how is that different from other furloughed employees as in if you get called back, you work or lose unemployment. No negotiation about it.

Paris DL Executives met with their Public health officials this week for a walk through to get clear directions on how to safely reopen meeting public health criteria, Media reports are suggesting a July 22nd reopening date

DLP was shuttered the same day as WDW & DL. I’ve been keeping an eye out for Paris.. didn’t think Hong Kong with the recent political unrest would be the next park open. But as long as things are moving toward “normal” it’s all good! Lol...
HK operated through a lot more political unrest than they are experiencing right now.

They could even use one of those UV sterilizers. I never even knew they existed until recently, but if they don't damage the vehicle or create any other issues, they might be a good idea.
Research is still being done to see if that works on COVID 19 so I vote no for now.

also- expensive.

So out here in San Diego, they’ve hired “citizen scientists” to swab surfaces all over the city to try and study the effects COVID-19 has on surfaces. This type of data could be very helpful to a place like WDW. A place full of surfaces. 🤣

I tried to copy the link, but my app won’t let me... it’s in the San Diego Tribune.

I have experience working with unions in a different sector. Generally speaking without knowing the specifics of this particular agreement apart from what's been reported about it, since the mask requirement was part of the union agreement, usually the union and Disney would have to agree to drop the requirement. In my experience, Disney wouldn't be able to just drop the requirement if guests hate it, unless there's some language in the agreement giving them an out. I've never seen such a thing, but my union negotiating experience is in a different area, so maybe there is in this agreement!
Suspect union members will scream at leadership they are sick of it around the same time Disney is thinking the req is a PITA and- magic. Masks strongly suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter