Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they are not. The whole point of social distancing is stay home and avoid anyone as much as possible. Other then going to work and grabbing groceries I don't go out. How is it so hard to stay home. Here in Ontario Canada they have closed all provincial parks. If you get caught at one you will be charged with trespassing.
I sure hope they don't close our state parks here in Alabama. It's so nice to go out for a walk and enjoy nature. Best social distancing ever.

No they are not. The whole point of social distancing is stay home and avoid anyone as much as possible. Other then going to work and grabbing groceries I don't go out. How is it so hard to stay home. Here in Ontario Canada they have closed all provincial parks. If you get caught at one you will be charged with trespassing.

Well, considering they keep telling everyone to make sure they get fresh air and exercise and to look after their mental health... being able to go for a walk is very important for a lot of people. And if you've got a dog... it's a necessity.

We are walking daily. But, since we are in a rural area, we have yet to meet a single soul during our walks, and if we did, we would give them an extremely wide berth (more like 60 feet, than 6 😆).

Many people were probably choosing the parks thinking that they're larger and run less risk of having close contact (as opposed to say walking the street in a city or town). Not everyone has the benefit of living in rural areas like we do.

So, while I understand why the public parks like Irving, provincial parks etc... are being closed,(because of stupid idiots who WEREN'T following social distancing and were using them as a place to get together and hang out), I also don't see it making the situation any better. All it accomplishes is forcng the people who absolutely HAVE to walk (ex..dog) out onto public sidewalks, streets etc... where they have a greater chance of contact and contamination, and the idiots who were gathering together as a group to socialize will just continue to do so, somewhere else.

Im not sure exactly why everyone is waiting for an announcement..
They said April 1st and that is what is happening.

AT THE MOMENT.

Sure there should be an announcement. There probably will be. But we are really just assuming. Facts are April 1st at this moment.

Considering Disney is essentially its own entity they sometimes don’t fall under rules of the county. Now I don’t see them opening April 1st but I haven’t found for certain whether they are bound by this rule.

That is true but if WDW opened while all the counties surrounding it were under shelter-in-place that would be horrible optics even though they may be legally able to. Like you I am surprised Universal went first and disney hasn't said anything especially right at that 7 day payment deadline. Not sure what is going on.

AT THE MOMENT.

Sure they should be an announcement. There probably will be. But we are really just assuming. Facts are April 1st at this moment.

But logically we all realize (or should realize) April 1st is incredibly unlikely given what is going on in Florida, the USA, and the rest of the world. It helps nobody, especially those planning early April trips, to pretend just because there’s no announcement yet April 1st is a go.

Realism is better than blind optimism here, IMO.

AT THE MOMENT.

Sure there should be an announcement. There probably will be. But we are really just assuming. Facts are April 1st at this moment.

Nobody has argued that april 1 is the current date but with everything shut down a lot has to happen before they can reopen like cast schedules, payment deadlines for guests, ordering food, etc. Disney cannot wait until March 31 to decide we'll open or not on April 1. Not just possible. They really need about a week notice for planning to open on April 1.

Nobody has argued that april 1 is the current date but with everything shut down a lot has to happen before they can reopen like cast schedules, payment deadlines for guests, ordering food, etc. Disney cannot wait until March 31 to decide we'll open or not on April 1. Not just possible. They really need about a week notice for planning to open on April 1.
I agree - Im saying the board is "what time is the announcement, Im surprised Universal did the announcement and not Disney, etc...".
What I am saying is as far as we are concerned the announcement came. April 1st they are open again.

Do I think that it will be the case? No. Should it be? No
But who knows, maybe they are sticking to the plan. Likely not.

But logically we all realize (or should realize) April 1st is incredibly unlikely given what is going on in Florida, the USA, and the rest of the world. It helps nobody, especially those planning early April trips, to pretend just because there’s no announcement yet April 1st is a go.

Realism is better than blind optimism here, IMO.
Im not optimistic... I have no skin in an April 1st date.

Just like all the press conferences have been saying.. Data Driven.

After careful data collection from many scientific resources and random clinical trials I conclude the April 1st date..

But that should change

In our state (KY) they are telling us to go out and walk. And that parks are fine for walking but not congregating

In our state (KY) they are telling us to go out and walk. And that parks are fine for walking but not congregating
In Canada the message from our leader is to Stay Home. If you need to be outside that's what your backyard is for. Its funny how each State seems to have their own rules.

In order to reopen WDW, how much time will be needed to rehire all of the CMs and CPs who were let go? Many are no longer physically located in the area.

In order to reopen WDW, how much time will be needed to rehire all of the CMs and CPs who were let go? Many are no longer physically located in the area.
No regular CM's were let go to my knowledge unless they worked for a third party. Many third party dining locations laid off their employees so they could collect unemployment. CP's and international CMs are a different story.

I agree - Im saying the board is "what time is the announcement, Im surprised Universal did the announcement and not Disney, etc...".
What I am saying is as far as we are concerned the announcement came. April 1st they are open again.

Do I think that it will be the case? No. Should it be? No
But who knows, maybe they are sticking to the plan. Likely not.

I"m not even sure what you point is. You don't think April 1 is likely but think it is odd people wonder when the extension announcement will be made. If April 1 isn't happening an announcement has to be made. Wondering when that will happen is not odd.

Ah.. so on a discussion board we should just accept April 1 and not speculate on anything until and unless they make an announcement? Is that your point?

I don't think any other then the CP (which is a lot especially for WS) have been let go at this point but people still need to know schedules and the like. However, the bigger time issue is things like ordering food and supplies. Disney gave away all their preshable food when they closed. They would have to be re-ordered and delivered before they could open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter