Cruise line no longer picks up at BW!

LIDisneyFan

<font color=red>Older, yet for some reason not muc
OK, so I'm no overly incensed, but a little annoyed at the perceived 2nd class citizenship of DVC.

I booked a BWV vacation using points, followed by a Cat 3 on the DCL using cash. I paid for ground transfers using the DCL bus.

Just went to the TA today and guess what - DCL is no longer offering BW as part of their Land/Sea package, so we have to schlep our luggage to Y&B.

Some top drawer vacation

Obviously, I'm either going to take a town car or drive, but it just seems like another case where we're no so equal.

BTW - TA is triple checking this with sone senior poeple at DCL, but this is what we were told up to the supervisor level.

Oh, and since I booked my land portion on my own, they swithced my land transfer without telling me - so if you're booked at BW and are taking DCL and plan on using transfers, I would double check to make sure you're OK.

That is strange. I just check the website and Boardwalk Inn is not longer offered as an accomadation for the cruise. (The bus stopped there for BWI not BWV).

Robin,

When I got to DCL using the www.disney.com homeoage, then went to rates,dates and more, Boardwalk Inn is still there for Cat 4. Where were you looking?

I guess what bothered me is that they took my $$$ knowing I was booking land seperately (using DVC), but didn't bother to tell me I'd have to get to another resort! And it does seem a bit unfair to DVC memebers (yes, I know DCL is seperate from DVC, but you would think Disney would be able to offer a 'whole' vacation to it's customers). I feel it's another way that I get 'cheated' as a DVC member.

BUT I LOVE MY DVC!! In fact, I'm about to close on my add-on!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but i don't think DCL buses pick up at OKW or WL/VWL either. We haven't done a cruise yet, but I was researching the notion, and noticed the busses only go to certain places.

So now it looks like DVC members at ANY home resort will have to transfer to a different resort for pick-up, drive to Port Canaveral themselves, or do the towncar thing.

WHAT A MARKETING BLUNDER!!!!!!

There are people who stay at our resorts with cash ressies and then cruise. So it doesn't only affect DVC members. Also, DCL buses do not stop at some other non-DVC resorts. So some regular paying guests are affected as well. I guess DCL only wants to encourage their guest to stay at certain resorts.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, How hard is it to pull the bus around to all the resorts and pick everyone up. Why create a barrier?

For the cost to take the bus, you SHOULD NOT have to transfer to another resort to get the bus. At least give those folks a discount!!!

It is nearly an outrage.

But it's nice to know they DO make a stop at the Swan and a seperate stop at the Dolphin - which are NOT Disney owned hotels.

Sometimes, ya gotta wonder........

If it's any consolation to you, we found it chaper to rent a minivan for both ways instead of buying transfers. It was also more convenient because our flight didn't leave until late on our return day. We went to Kennedy Space Center for that time. Check the Avis website.

BTW, our bus driver on the first cruise transfer was a vary scary driver!

Lidisneyfan-
Sorry you didn't know about this recent change. We are 3-day cruising in Sept. and somewhere, probably here, I had heard this and therefore we will be at the VWL instead of at BWV as originally planned. I did confirm and yes WL still has a pick up. It's a couple bucks more for a MK resort but worth it for no inconvenience. I don't understand why they excluded BW as the inn is a resort included in the upper tier resorts. who knows! Good luck! :confused:

The transports match up with the resorts that they use for the Land & Sea packages--and I suspect that the Boardwalk couldn't offer as many rooms as necessary to be dedicated for the cruise, now that BWV is sold out.

With VWL just opening, and not sold out, this is there way of directing people to a location with many more Disney-owned rooms. That is, of course, until VWL sells out.

Think of it this way--if the cruise were around when OKW, might they have offered OKW Studios for the land portion of 7-day packages. I bet they would.

Just a theory... Just my two cents...

Nick

PS: This is why I'm staying at VWL before my next cruise.

PPS: That being said, I'm still probably going to use Town Cars--not THAT much more expensive, and it can get you to the boat when YOU want to go there, thereby increasing your flexibility for reservations and the such.

I put in a random date in the future. I chose Cat 5 and the Swan and Dolphin were hotel options, but not the Boardwalk Inn. I did this by using the "Quote" option.

NZFalcon,

Remeber that the Sea/Land vacations used the Inn not the Villas. DVC being sold out at BWV has not weight on the availability of the Boadwalk Inn. I wonder if people were not using the BWI.

I promise, promise, promise that Studios at BWV were used by the cruise in addition to the rooms at the Inn... Whether that was curtailed as time went on, I'm not sure, but in 1999 I was at BWV, and it was before my purchase there.

Nick

I booked DCL next August (cash) and I'm planning on staying at BWV on points. I was told there were no transfers available to BWV. DU recommended car service.

Thanks for the correction Nfalcon, All the information I have on DCL says that only BWI is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter