Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the process for cast to pixie dust guests? How often does that happen?
Hmm, interesting question. I’m not aware of a process, or for the lack of a better phrase, a pixie dust quota. In my case I was never instructed on when or how many times to do it, it was strictly up to me. Circumstances just presented themselves.

Over a 22 year period all of my roles had heavy guest face to face interaction and I never knew ahead of time when and why I would be making the “magic”.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been answered in this thread already. I’m late coming into this thread and there’s a lot to read through. First of all, Thank you for all your hard work! Secondly, what sorts of gifts are appropriate and/appreciated as thank-yous for the CMs, aboard especially those who don’t get tips. I told my 3 year old we are going on the Disney cruise next year and she might get to meet Cinderella and she has already drawn a hundred Cinderella pictures to tell her how much she loves her

Last edited:
Hi DCL Peeps!

I am an Entertainment CM and have worked in a couple of different positions on a few different ships (and WDW as well). If you have questions and can’t find the answer, please send them my way and I can try and help.
Mags
Question:
Do cast members appreciate receiving gifts of appreciation? Cast members of cruise ships? Cast members at WDW?
If so, what types of gift are appropriate?

Do you know if there are any plans to change some of the shows on the Dream anytime soon? We are interested in doing more of the European itineraries but my family and I have grown weary of the Golden Mickies and Believe.

For the entertainment CM, those in the main theatre shows, how is it different between a ship like the Wish which does 3 & 4 night sailings, so they are doing the main shows twice a week, compared to the ships with 7 nights or longer sailings where the main shows are once a week? Aside from the obvious of more shows…smile! Thanks!

Question:
Do cast members appreciate receiving gifts of appreciation? Cast members of cruise ships? Cast members at WDW?
I appreciated the gesture, it meant a lot but other than a commendation made at Guest Relations on your way out, for me, a better gift was a heart felt thank you or a complement.

So what does the favorite cm room look like? What more does it offer? Has anyone seen officer cabins? I’ve seen pictures/videos of standard cabins.
Some Cast have a single room; some have a porthole. The officer cabins again vary but for instance they will usually be at least a little bigger, with more storage and a porthole

Probably shouldn't say too much (also be careful because there are always shoreside CMs lurking these trying to find out our identities) but CMontheSeas was in YA and not Cast when we first met. It was notably around the time we said RIP to Snow White's Do-Si-Do.

On that note - @Mags2002 Can you see any of the older scripts kicking around or like in a binder somewhere?
ALSO have the crew been given any cool sneak peeks on what's going to be on the Treasure?
Ohh right.
I have seen random binders around but haven’t looked inside them. I’ll do that and see what I can find!
I have heard some whisperings about the Treasure. Not sure if anything I have heard is true or not

Sorry if this has been answered in this thread already. I’m late coming into this thread and there’s a lot to read through. First of all, Thank you for all your hard work! Secondly, what sorts of gifts are appropriate and/appreciated as thank-yous for the CMs, aboard especially those who don’t get tips. I told my 3 year old we are going on the Disney cruise next year and she might get to meet Cinderella and she has already drawn a hundred Cinderella pictures to tell her how much she loves her
You don’t need to give anything! Writing the CM’s name down on your comment card and saying thank you in person is enough.
Aww please tell your little Princess that Cinderella is looking forward to meeting her and seeing her beautiful artwork 😍💙

Question:
As a character performer, I love receiving drawings and letters that children and adults have written to the character. Guests don’t have to give CMs anything. Saying thank you in person (yes even to a character) and writing their name on the comment card is plenty.
That being said, as a character performer, I have received some interesting things, especially in the parks! But truly, although we appreciate that Guests want to show their appreciation, it is not necessary. Seeing how happy you are when meeting the character is thanks enough 💙

For the entertainment CM, those in the main theatre shows, how is it different between a ship like the Wish which does 3 & 4 night sailings, so they are doing the main shows twice a week, compared to the ships with 7 nights or longer sailings where the main shows are once a week? Aside from the obvious of more shows…smile! Thanks!
Haha from my experience, it just feels so much more repetitive and busy. I have also seen some CMs burn out or get injured if they have challenging tracks because they are doing them so often

No process. CMs can “pixie dust” or make magical moments for Guests whenever and however they want. Have you had a Disney Magical Moment?
Nothing besides the great trips we have taken. Just interested in what form those moments may take, and what could increase the chances of one for a kindergarten aged child. 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter