Current Cruise Staffs (all ships)

For any that remember Asst. CD Mike Gibbons, he left DCL to become a cruise director on Celebrity Cruises.

AJ is the club host (thought they did away with that but he’s been one this week) on Fantasy. First time I’ve sailed with him, fantastic host.

you had a club host on the Fantasy? i wonder if this was just on the Fantasy or if they're bringing them back.
We really hated that there wasn't a club host on the Wish, and my daughter was on the Wonder at the beginning of august and she said not having a club host was a huge downgrade in adult entertainment.

you had a club host on the Fantasy? i wonder if this was just on the Fantasy or if they're bringing them back.
We really hated that there wasn't a club host on the Wish, and my daughter was on the Wonder at the beginning of august and she said not having a club host was a huge downgrade in adult entertainment.

We were shocked. This was our 6th since the restart (Dream then Fantasy then Magic twice and Wish before this 7 night Fantasy). None of the others before this were 7 nighters so maybe they're giving in on that itinerary, it was so great to have a club host. He also did most of the trivia in O'Gills. The two nights he didn't, there was a noticeable drop in energy in the room and fun.

Trent even mentioned AJ in the Tube on the final night when he was going through all of the people to thank, so it was definitely a planned position. Hope it continues and spreads to the other itineraries because I agree with your daughter, not having a host is a huge downgrade.

We were shocked. This was our 6th since the restart (Dream then Fantasy then Magic twice and Wish before this 7 night Fantasy). None of the others before this were 7 nighters so maybe they're giving in on that itinerary, it was so great to have a club host. He also did most of the trivia in O'Gills. The two nights he didn't, there was a noticeable drop in energy in the room and fun.

Trent even mentioned AJ in the Tube on the final night when he was going through all of the people to thank, so it was definitely a planned position. Hope it continues and spreads to the other itineraries because I agree with your daughter, not having a host is a huge downgrade.

my daughter's cruise on the Wonder was a 7 night cruise, so that's not the explanation. Perhaps they're bringing them back?
We were all on the Wish together (9 of us) before my daughter and son in law went on the Wonder (yes, she flew across the country to do a "back to back")
We emphasized on our survey at the end of the cruise how disappointed we were that there was no club host.
And she also put it on their survey at the end of the 7 night Wonder cruise.
Maybe DCL is actually listening?

I have to say that after getting off the Wish and the Wonder, she was so disappointed in the current DCL product, she booked herself a 7 night cruise on Royal for next summer (greek isles).
And my husband and i booked ourselves on two Royal cruises (greek isles and eastern med).
And i'm looking for one to book the extended family on (europe/med).

we're longtime DCL cruisers (first cruise in 2002), but the product has gone downhill in a major way.
There's just so long you can blame covid.
It's simply not reasonable to charge the exorbitant amounts they're charging and downgrade the product to the extent they have.
The Wish was the last straw for me.

my daughter's cruise on the Wonder was a 7 night cruise, so that's not the explanation. Perhaps they're bringing them back?
We were all on the Wish together (9 of us) before my daughter and son in law went on the Wonder (yes, she flew across the country to do a "back to back")
We emphasized on our survey at the end of the cruise how disappointed we were that there was no club host.
And she also put it on their survey at the end of the 7 night Wonder cruise.
Maybe DCL is actually listening?

I have to say that after getting off the Wish and the Wonder, she was so disappointed in the current DCL product, she booked herself a 7 night cruise on Royal for next summer (greek isles).
And my husband and i booked ourselves on two Royal cruises (greek isles and eastern med).
And i'm looking for one to book the extended family on (europe/med).

we're longtime DCL cruisers (first cruise in 2002), but the product has gone downhill in a major way.
There's just so long you can blame covid.
It's simply not reasonable to charge the exorbitant amounts they're charging and downgrade the product to the extent they have.
The Wish was the last straw for me.

We've been cruising DCL since 2002 as well. Close to getting to the same point you're at, hope you enjoy your RCCLs.

AJ is the club host (thought they did away with that but he’s been one this week) on Fantasy. First time I’ve sailed with him, fantastic host.
Agreed! My husband and I only went to the Tube the first and last nights (traveling with a toddler is EXHAUSTING) and regret not going more if only to see more of AJ. The story he told about how he got his job with DCL had us on the floor.

We’ve sailed with Tisa numerous times and LOVE her, so she’s a hard bar to clear, but AJ was definitely on the same level.

Agreed! My husband and I only went to the Tube the first and last nights (traveling with a toddler is EXHAUSTING) and regret not going more if only to see more of AJ. The story he told about how he got his job with DCL had us on the floor.

We’ve sailed with Tisa numerous times and LOVE her, so she’s a hard bar to clear, but AJ was definitely on the same level.

Sadly, they don't seem to be bringing the club hosts back. Hosts like Tisa and Deano make the cruise. We were on the Hawaiian cruise on the Wonder in April and just go off of the Wish, and they rotated among the entertainment staff. It's not the same as having one person in charge. As I stated in my comment form, what would the Late Show or the Tonight Show be like of they had a different host every night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter