CURRENT Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think gomf03 and Sweet's Collectables are one and the same. I am not sure about buying from them since it was mentioned to stay away from those that sell in lots.

Sweet's Collectables is gomf03 store, I've only bought locking pins from him, and really have nothing bad to say about him.

But he also sells pin lots which I am very weary of now.....

I did forget to thank the OP(SupernaturalMommy) and MountNittany for this thread saved me from buying from other scrapper sellers.....

I think gomf03 and Sweet's Collectables are one and the same. I am not sure about buying from them since it was mentioned to stay away from those that sell in lots.
Sweet's Collectables is gomf03 store, I've only bought locking pins from him, and really have nothing bad to say about him.

But he also sells pin lots which I am very weary of now.....

Thanks for responding! Yeah, I don't think I'd buy pin lots from anyone anyway, even a reputable seller. I just figure that if a person is selling hundreds or thousands of individual pins, sorting through a pin lot and selling dozens of those would be less inspected than individuals. The most I've bought in a lot was probably 6, but all were NOC and open edition...and the total was only $15 since I was the only bidder lol :thumbsup2:

Also, can anyone help me with why disneypinsdisneypinsdisneypins / tennpins is on the red list? I bought from her/him recently and the only problem I had was slow to ship. I would buy more from them but now I'm weary. I know someone reported overpriced shipping, but I was just charged a flat $3 for all my pins. Someone else reported a good experience, too. Has anyone had other experiences with him?

One last thing: theutahmodeler's new username is disneyhut, so can we add that? Thanks!

Also, can anyone help me with why disneypinsdisneypinsdisneypins / tennpins is on the red list? I bought from her/him recently and the only problem I had was slow to ship. I would buy more from them but now I'm weary. I know someone reported overpriced shipping, but I was just charged a flat $3 for all my pins. Someone else reported a good experience, too. Has anyone had other experiences with him?

have been reported by others to have poor business practices such as listed above in addition to negative attitude/abusive language in communication, or in replies left to negative or neutral feedback received, or known to cancel bids to elicit higher prices. Buying from one of these sellers means this is an acceptable risk to you. The second category will be marked with an ***.

I think the seller may have changed his/her business practice, since there is hardly any negative feedback in the past 6 months, but s/he is on the list because of past business practices. Personally never dealt with this seller so I can't say good or bad things about them.

Just bought a lot of 25 non scrappers from beekerig. They look great, all look like the real deal. I have many many scrappers from my DD trading our last cruise. Just wanted to give a heads up for this seller. 4 were even on cards.

I am wanting to get some starter pins for my kids for our trip next summer I have a few Ill have to check when I get home about them being real, I guess they are but of the good ebay sellers what are some that have good prices? I don't want to spend $10 on a pin that is just getting traded anyting

One last thing: theutahmodeler's new username is disneyhut, so can we add that? Thanks!

I have not used tennpins myself but there were reports of a bad attitude and he did send me multiple PM's that were negative in nature. That's why this seller is where he is on the list. It is simply due to his self acknowledged negative attitude.

I am wanting to get some starter pins for my kids for our trip next summer I have a few Ill have to check when I get home about them being real, I guess they are but of the good ebay sellers what are some that have good prices? I don't want to spend $10 on a pin that is just getting traded anyting

You'll need to review each seller to see what they have listed and go from there. Only you can determine what a fair price might be. Best of luck!

I have not used tennpins myself but there were reports of a bad attitude and he did send me multiple PM's that were negative in nature. That's why this seller is where he is on the list. It is simply due to his self acknowledged negative attitude.
Oh, ok. I have dealt with a couple sellers like this, but fortunately, he wasn't one of them. I will definitely be cautious if I buy from again, though. Thanks!!!

Just wanted to give a big thanks for this list and the work that goes into it!

I stay away from buying lots on eBay, but occasionally by single pins to fill out my collection.

I just got burned on some hidden mickeys which appear to be from a new batch of scrappers. I want to give the seller benefit of the doubt, but they came in the tell-tale tiny zip-top bags so I have a really hard time believing she traded for them as she claims.

Will let you know how my return attempt goes - hopefully, I won't have any problems.

-Jenny

Just wanted to give a big thanks for this list and the work that goes into it!

I stay away from buying lots on eBay, but occasionally by single pins to fill out my collection.

I just got burned on some hidden mickeys which appear to be from a new batch of scrappers. I want to give the seller benefit of the doubt, but they came in the tell-tale tiny zip-top bags so I have a really hard time believing she traded for them as she claims.

Will let you know how my return attempt goes - hopefully, I won't have any problems.

-Jenny

I had the same thing happen to me with a seller named jeffreyyoung. He has 100% feed back so I thought it was going to be legit. As soon as I opened my packed I found a bunch of pins in small baggies. I ordered 20 for $19 and was sent 24 pins with a cheap landyard made of ribbon. When I sent the seller an email about these not being legit he just refunded my money in full. No questions asked and wasn't asked to ship back. I'm positive he knows these aren't legit. I was thinking of leaving neutral feedback warning others mine were not legit. Out of my 20 3 look almost legit, the rest look cheap and fake with about 5 looking horrible. I want to order some more pins. I bizzybee1 I might order from. Anyone bought from disneyhut? I'm on the fence with that seller.

-James G.

I've recently gotten into pin trading, and have ended up buying several from e-bay :lmao: It can be addicting. The first ones I bought were scrappers, and then I did my research, and the latest ones all seem to be good. It's really hard to tell on some, so basically I only buy what I like (possible scrapper or not). But, here's my question--I noticed a few sellers selling JUST the pin stock cards (what the pins come on). I can't help but think the only people who would buy these would be ones that have fake pins & are using them to make them look more legit. Any thoughts on this?
Which leads me to:

I don't see an entry for tinkerbellfan2013. I bought a lot from them (100 pins), and they seem to be legit. Cost was around $3/pin & all are new on the card back (some with prices even), so not super cheap, but then, these aren't really park traders but more for my daughter's collection. Shipping was very prompt, but none of the pins had any protection & were just thrown in the shipping box. I got one, a tinkerbell pin with a pearl, that was scratched. Otherwise, the other 99 all made the trip OK. There were also some duplicates (which I knew--they photograph everything you're getting) . I think that $3/pin is less than what they'd be sold at the park, so now I'm wondering if they just found them on sale, or if they're fake. I mean, how can someone afford to sell something on e-bay (with it costing about 15% of the sale for paypal & e-bay fees) for less than the park????

I was thinking of leaving neutral feedback warning others mine were not legit. Out of my 20 3 look almost legit, the rest look cheap and fake with about 5 looking horrible. I want to order some more pins. I bizzybee1 I might order from. Anyone bought from disneyhut? I'm on the fence with that seller.

I would definitely leave proper feedback!! A while ago, a seller and I came to a mutual agreement that a very rare pin he had was more than likely fake. He gave me a refund, I left positive feedback. Months later, I see he has sold two or three more of the same pin and still has 100% feedback.

Also, I did buy from Disneyhut. I bought two HTF pins and one open-edition, very common pin. The non-rare one was listed as NOC, but it was not. He refunded half the purchase price, I think, and apologized. No other issues though.

So I ended up buying a lot from beekerlg. She made a special lot for me. Way cheaper than her normal price. I got 25 pins for $1.20 each. When they came I could tell they were legit. A few I thought might be fakes because I was still learning.. But they all look legit. I let my kids pick through them when they came. The next day we got to Disneyland and started trading with CMs. I looked at the pins closely, I eneded up trading for fakes/scrappers. We trade with maybe 10 CMs and 90% them were fakes, we ended up using the fakes we traded for to try to trade back for real ones. We finally found some CMs with legit ones. After see so many fakes I can 100% say that the ones we got from beekerlg were legit.

We did run into someone who was trading with a CM. She opened her backpack and took out a bag filled with over 100 small baggies with fake pins in it. I was disgusted. I was going to tell her off. She saw that my daughter wanted to trade a CM for pin and took out a fake really quick and did the trader on her own (without the CM). Then my daughter wanted that pin. It was so sad.

I can't believe how many fakes were at disneyland. There was no Quality Control whatsoever.

Those 25 pins didn't last long. We left the park wishing we had more pins. My wife almost bought $50 worth of pins, which was like 8 pins, at a Disney store inside the park. I told her wait, I'm sure we can get at least twice as many pins online and come back next week. That night I order more pins from other seller "angelajuly". They should be here Saturday. I'll let everyone know if they are good. I'm really feeling like they will be legit.

James G

Has anyone ever bought from "Sweet's" on ebay? I do not see them on the list?
:confused3

gomf03? If so I have ordered some locking pin backs and they came in about 5 days. I just placed an order for some pins. They took a few days to ship so hopefully I get them tomorrow. I'll report back on them after I get them.

James G

So I ended up buying a lot from beekerlg. She made a special lot for me. Way cheaper than her normal price. I got 25 pins for $1.20 each. When they came I could tell they were legit. A few I thought might be fakes because I was still learning.. But they all look legit. I let my kids pick through them when they came. The next day we got to Disneyland and started trading with CMs. I looked at the pins closely, I eneded up trading for fakes/scrappers. We trade with maybe 10 CMs and 90% them were fakes, we ended up using the fakes we traded for to try to trade back for real ones. We finally found some CMs with legit ones. After see so many fakes I can 100% say that the ones we got from beekerlg were legit.

We did run into someone who was trading with a CM. She opened her backpack and took out a bag filled with over 100 small baggies with fake pins in it. I was disgusted. I was going to tell her off. She saw that my daughter wanted to trade a CM for pin and took out a fake really quick and did the trader on her own (without the CM). Then my daughter wanted that pin. It was so sad.

I can't believe how many fakes were at disneyland. There was no Quality Control whatsoever.

Those 25 pins didn't last long. We left the park wishing we had more pins. My wife almost bought $50 worth of pins, which was like 8 pins, at a Disney store inside the park. I told her wait, I'm sure we can get at least twice as many pins online and come back next week. That night I order more pins from other seller "angelajuly". They should be here Saturday. I'll let everyone know if they are good. I'm really feeling like they will be legit.

James G

So Anglajuly's package came and all of the pins wee legit. Brand new pins sealed in booster packs. I was a little iffy since the price was around $10 a booster pack. I took the packs to DL to compare with the one they sell. Sure enough everything was exactly the same. 100% real pins at around 70% off. We opened all of our booster packs and had a day trading.

Now it's time to order more pins. I'm getting addicted! I think next time we will take 100 pins instead of 50.

:artist: James G

gomf03? If so I have ordered some locking pin backs and they came in about 5 days. I just placed an order for some pins. They took a few days to ship so hopefully I get them tomorrow. I'll report back on them after I get them.

James G

My package came and from what we saw I personally wouldn't buy a lot from this seller if you were planning on keeping them for our own personal collection. I did order another set of 50 locking pin backs.

:clown: James G

James G

Just because someone carries trading pins in a ziploc baggie and keeps those pins inside other little baggies does NOT mean they are scrappers. This is how I carry my extra traders around, in a small baggie with many others inside a larger baggie. The small inner baggie protects the pins from being scratched while I'm carrying them around in my park bag, the larger baggie keeps them together so I can quickly grab a pin for a trade if I need one. I wear a lanyard but tend to go through those pins quickly so need to refresh with traders multiple times a day. You shouldn't assume that pins carried in this fashion are scrappers without being close enough to tell.

AngelaJuly should be on the green list, I've purchased from that seller myself and had a great experience.

Just because someone carries trading pins in a ziploc baggie and keeps those pins inside other little baggies does NOT mean they are scrappers. This is how I carry my extra traders around, in a small baggie with many others inside a larger baggie. The small inner baggie protects the pins from being scratched while I'm carrying them around in my park bag, the larger baggie keeps them together so I can quickly grab a pin for a trade if I need one. I wear a lanyard but tend to go through those pins quickly so need to refresh with traders multiple times a day. You shouldn't assume that pins carried in this fashion are scrappers without being close enough to tell. AngelaJuly should be on the green list, I've purchased from that seller myself and had a great experience.

I saw her pins. They were fake. I wish I had so many pins that I could have bags and bags of them to trade. I hope one day to have a job where I can buy baggies worth of pins. I

I'm looking to start a collection of pins. Right now I just have a small booklet I got from Disneyland for $35? What's the best less expensive way to keep your pins without getting damage ? I'm thinking in a few months I might have as many as 100 pins and this book will be filled.

Thanks

James G.

I'm looking to start a collection of pins. Right now I just have a small booklet I got from Disneyland for $35? What's the best less expensive way to keep your pins without getting damage ? I'm thinking in a few months I might have as many as 100 pins and this book will be filled.

Thanks

James G.

I filled several of those kinds of books before I decided that I needed to get more efficient. I use the binder pages that Disney sells; they're not as expensive as the books, and you can put them in the binders Disney also sells, or any other binder. Those I leave at home; I bring my traders and the sets I'm trying to complete with me.

I know other people use cork bulletin boards, which is also a cool way to display them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter