Cutting close to FTP deadline

Disdad35

Earning My Ears
Hi - I'm new here, just lurking the last few days. Have been thinking about the FTP for October - checked out a few dates and it is available at All Star Music or Sports. There would likely be 4 of us - 2 adults, 1 almost 5 year old and 1 18 month old. I have a few questions as I'm new to all this. If I book it and pay deposit and then want to change something do I lose deposit ? That is if we decide that I will just take 5 year old and Mom and babe stay home. Or worst case scenario and it doesn't work out that we can go, is the worst that I lose all of deposit ?

Also, I've been trying to figure it out but is it worth it if we won't go all days to the parks. We've been for 1 or 2 days during conferences in the past couple years and I don't think there is any way our little girl can go every day - I would think 4 out of the 7 days we would go to disney parks. So is it worth it or is it better to just book hotel and get 4 day park hopper pass ?

Lastly, which do people prefer Sports or Music ? Everytime we've gone to conference it's been off site so we've stayed off site and rented car, do we need car at all if staying on site ?

Thanks for any help.

Disdad35

welcome to the forums!!

i don't know much about the package/deposits etc, but i would say that if you are not planning to go the parks all seven days, and/or use up all the plus options, it might be more worth it to purchase a regular 4 day pass. Or, if you have some extra $ and are anticipating going to WDW sometime in the future, you might even want to invest in a 7 day pass - the days on these passes never expire. Have a look at www.mousesavers.com to see how the pricing works out.

I'm sure everyone else will be able to answer some of your other questions! have a great trip!

This is a direct link to the cancellation rules of WDW- WDTC
http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#wdtcrules

In your situation it might be better to go with, The CdN par deal (ends June 30!!!!!) for however number nights you want to stay.
Get tickets for either 7 or 5 days ( you get extra options, like the waterparks so you can use those for non-park days)
Baby is free, so it only 2 adults & 1 child. If you book the Cdn Par deal, make sure you use Central Reservation Office (CRO) the cancellation policy is much more flexible. Mousesavers has lots of great info there!
I've stayed at the All-star Movie, and it was fantastic! Total Disney!
Car: last year we had a car (our car) and found it very handy to have for getting around. But this year we won't have a car- but depends on how long your staying, sometimes renting a car can be as cheap as take the Mears Transportation from the Airport to WDW.
Let us know when you going! Lots of disers going in Oct.

We chose the Cdn at par route for that very reason-only wanted 4 days in the park so it worked out cheaper for us to do the at par thing and buy 4 day hoppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter