D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

New Gold member and would be first time attending with 13 yr old daughter who is HUGE Disney fan. Do they announce what time Gold can purchase on the day they release ticket sales? Only have seen the date. Also, do you register for panels at the same time you buy tickets? Does Gold get to do so before others? Sorry first time attending so lots of questions! Thanks.
For the last Expo, 2019, yes, they announced in advance when Gold could purchase and the price. Panel registration came later. No guarantees they’ll do the same this year.

Reactions: ngl
very bummed that the sorcerer pass is gone. It's gonna be hard for me to go back to the basement after getting sorcerer for 2019. But, I'll have to manage my expectations and it'll still be fun!

very bummed that the sorcerer pass is gone. It's gonna be hard for me to go back to the basement after getting sorcerer for 2019. But, I'll have to manage my expectations and it'll still be fun!
There IS the gold preferred seating for $899. It's Sorcerer LITE since it appears only preferred seating and NOTHING else? Would like at least talent pass options with that.

We're in Canada and really want to go to my first D23 expo but I'm really nervous about the crowds. Do you think there will be any capacity limits put in place? I read that the tickets are nonrefundable as well.

We're in Canada and really want to go to my first D23 expo but I'm really nervous about the crowds. Do you think there will be any capacity limits put in place? I read that the tickets are nonrefundable as well.
Well, they’ll limit capacity by limiting the number of tickets they sell, but the convention center is huge, so there will be many, many people there. They’ll also limit capacity for the presentations via the reservation system, whatever that might be this year. That said, our experience in 2019 was amazing, and I’m sorry we won’t make it this year.

There IS the gold preferred seating for $899. It's Sorcerer LITE since it appears only preferred seating and NOTHING else? Would like at least talent pass options with that.

I'm definitely going to try for this, we'll see what happens! But I'm less worried about panels and more for merch. I remember folks lining up (unofficially, on the street) on Wednesday. It would be awesome if they let folks preorder and pick up the stuff that doesn't have limits

I am really struggling. Have a hotel reservation just in case. I’ve never been and have heard rumors this may be the last as it was Iger’s baby. On the other hand, it’s a lot of money and I don’t love sitting for hours-and it feels like a crapshoot re what you can get in.

I'm definitely going to try for this, we'll see what happens! But I'm less worried about panels and more for merch. I remember folks lining up (unofficially, on the street) on Wednesday. It would be awesome if they let folks preorder and pick up the stuff that doesn't have limits
The thing with merchandise is that from my experience you cant do both the first panel of the day and go get LE merchandise at the store. You would have to opt for the stores or risk missing out on LE stuff. Not saying its not possible especially if it doesn't sell well but its still a risk.

I am really struggling. Have a hotel reservation just in case. I’ve never been and have heard rumors this may be the last as it was Iger’s baby. On the other hand, it’s a lot of money and I don’t love sitting for hours-and it feels like a crapshoot re what you can get in.
Highly doubt this is the last D23. Youd be sitting for hours if you want to get into the big morning panels thats for sure.That being said Im struggling as well since they wont mention any covid changes (like less people) and some stuff will be live streamed and if thats the case why go there when I can just watch it at home? Of course we wont know which panels until a few weeks prior Id imagine. Id just be going for merchandise but if you include the hotel and expenses I might as well get stuff from ebay.

The thing with merchandise is that from my experience you cant do both the first panel of the day and go get LE merchandise at the store. You would have to opt for the stores or risk missing out on LE stuff. Not saying its not possible especially if it doesn't sell well but its still a risk.

I would likely miss Legends to try for my top choice store, and then focus on panels for the rest of the weekend. It depends on what comes out, too. I loved everything in 2019 and was glad to be able to get it. I might not like the designs this year, which makes choices a bit easier.

I would likely miss Legends to try for my top choice store, and then focus on panels for the rest of the weekend. It depends on what comes out, too. I loved everything in 2019 and was glad to be able to get it. I might not like the designs this year, which makes choices a bit easier.
What type of stuff so you collect? I collect the LE dolls so even though Legends is a easy skip the Live Action panel is not 😅

What type of stuff so you collect? I collect the LE dolls so even though Legends is a easy skip the Live Action panel is not 😅

Me too!! Specifically Belle dolls, and I pick up others here and there if I like the design. I also collect pins, but typically avoid the MOG pin store (even last time with sorcerer we couldn't shop there early, and trying on Friday morning was bonkers).

I didn't go for Ariel in '19, but if they do a similar release schedule and have a Belle doll on day 2 lining up with the Live Action panel....that just upends about all my "dream plans" lol. But I guess any money I set aside for sorcerer can now go to last resort merch (especially if I have no choice but to get it on ebay, boo).

The only panel I would really want to go to is the big parks panel but the idea of waiting in line for hours doesn't sound appealing with chronic pain. What was the gold member gift like in previous years?

Me too!! Specifically Belle dolls, and I pick up others here and there if I like the design. I also collect pins, but typically avoid the MOG pin store (even last time with sorcerer we couldn't shop there early, and trying on Friday morning was bonkers).

I didn't go for Ariel in '19, but if they do a similar release schedule and have a Belle doll on day 2 lining up with the Live Action panel....that just upends about all my "dream plans" lol. But I guess any money I set aside for sorcerer can now go to last resort merch (especially if I have no choice but to get it on ebay, boo).
Me either but you should be safe on the Belle front since its not her anniversary so no 17 dolls and the rumored D23 designers are Elsa Anna and Raya. The Belle designer should be out that same month online though. What do you think of this years designer dolls?

The only panel I would really want to go to is the big parks panel but the idea of waiting in line for hours doesn't sound appealing with chronic pain. What was the gold member gift like in previous years?
Thats the morning panel so youd have to come in overnight and wait for quite awhile. Last year there were lottery reservations but each yeat is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter