"Dad" Restaurants

I'd suggest making that change you mentioned, to 'Ohana. As a dad, I love it - an ideal setting and meal for any father.

My dad's absolute favorite is the Hoop-Dee-Doo. He spouts bear jokes all year long and was drooling over the fried chicken just this afternoon. I know that's 2TS, though.

A few years ago we happened to be there on his birthday, and he chose Tony's. He likes spaghetti and sausage, and we've never had a bad experience there. I know you said you were thinking about cancelling, and I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but suggesting you ask him for an opinion.

He left the decisions up to you, but have you asked lately? You don't have to go over menus with him, but maybe ask him what kind of food he might like one night.

Good luck!

My DH (also in his 50's) just loves Raglan Road! :thumbsup2

Oh, I ask him all the time! And all he says is "You want to go on this vacation more than I do, and I don't care where we eat. I just want you to be happy and I trust that you will pick out great restaurants." This doesn't help LOL

Awwww, what a great dad!!!!

Yup! Now that I am old enough, I realize I am one lucky girl! My parents are the best! :goodvibes

Thanks for the menu!! As of now I am probably changing my Tony's to Ohana and either changing San Angel Inn to Raglan Road or canceling it altogether to save a TS credit so that I can switch my Boma to Jiko!

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

DH (early 50s, sports kinda guy, steak lover) likes:

LTT for lunch - pot roast

Rose & Crown - most menu items

Yakatori House - CS but lots of food on the combo plates

And he likes most of the ADR places you already have.

I have to say that I think you are a SWEET kid for even thinking of your dad's preferences. Looks like you're a kid that deserves to go to WDW!!!!!

My husband can only take "so much Disney" and likes to escape from the masses for a meal. He likes a place that has good food and not a lot of "activity". His favorites are...

Rose and Crown
Coral Reef
Le Cellier
Mama Melrose
Concourse Steak House...this is his favorite for lunch....always empty and great service.

Awww, how sweet! May I ask how old you are? Seems like your parents did a great job raising you. I hope one day my kids think their parents are the best! ;)

Hehe, I am 20 (ALMOST 21!!) and next time they get mad at me for something I am so telling them what you just said :laughing:

They reallllly are not into Disney but my mom is actually excited now because of the Flower/Garden Festival while we are there, and we are going to some Spring Training games so my little brother and my dad will have a good time too! I guess that is a good thing since it means I get to do all the planning!

We were there last in 2005. My sons, then 16 and 18, nephew 6, my husband and father in law all liked Marakesh for the entertainment value. Ohana, food and view. But there favorite was Boma. The food was fabulous, there is so much variety that he is bound to find something he likes. If he doesn't find anything apealing you can order off a menu and one of the first things they ask when you get there is if there are any dietary restrictions and if so the chef will gladly make you something special. It was the one place they all asked to go to when we go end of April. One is out of school and the other is taking exams a week early. My father inlaw and husband made sure I made an ADR already.

My DH is a big steak and potato kinda guy no frilly food he calls it. So there are places we must go to help keep DH happy.

Heres his must do list:

LeCellier
Whispering Canyon - he loves the carrying on there.
Concourse Steakhouse
Biergarten

Good luck and Happy Planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter