Danube River Cruise?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
2 adults in early 70's. I have difficulty walking, but we do go on shore excursions. For instance on the Trans Atlantic, we walked around Dover Castle, at our own pace, looking at what interested us.

We enjoy DCL cruises, are Platinum.

There's a sale on one that fits into our DCL Med cruise next year.

Has anyone here traveled without children in this or a similar ABD.

I'm assuming you're saying there's a Danube River cruise where the timeframe is compatible with the timeframe of your DCL Med cruise? I took the Danube River cruise last summer, and totally loved it. It's different from a regular land ABD in a lot of ways, but is really an amazing adventure.

That said, the excursions are going to be a bit more on the active side because they aim this trip towards families. I'd take a look at the activities, and see if they interest you, and are things you can keep up with. While the Guides are very accommodating to people with mobility issues, they're not always going to be able to let you just go off at your own pace. I'd call ABD and discuss the activities with them. If you still think you'd like them, I'd say go for it! There were lots of folks there without children, including me.

However, if you feel like you're likely to want to just go off and do your own thing in each port, I'd look at booking the cruise directly with AMAWaterways. You're paying a premium to do the excursions with ABD, and if they aren't something you'd like, you could sail directly with AMAWaterways for way less money.

For similar ABDs (non-river cruise) I'd call ABD, and see which ones are good for folks that have difficulty walking. A lot of the European ABDs go places with cobblestone walkways, etc, that would be difficult to navigate.

I *love* ABD. They do a magnificent job!! But I think in your case, it would be worth it to talk directly to ABD and see if they can help you find a trip that fits you and your travel style.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have! Oh, and check out my Trip Report for the Danube River cruise, linked in my signature!

Sayhello

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter