DAS and ECV Use?

DisneylandFreak2013

Mouseketeer
One of our family members has utilized the DAS in the past for non mobility issues. It has greatly helped her. We are planning a trip in a couple of weeks for Disneyland and she will be using an ECV for the first time due to a mobility-related injury. I will request for her to get the DAS as in the past, but how will that work with her ECV use? When we get a return time for the DAS, will we also be able to get a return time for the ECV?

She will most likely do a combo of parking the ECV and walking up to some lines to get some exercise in while needing to use it in other others when the pain gets bad.

Two separate programs. With few exceptions, lines are mainstream, meaning you bring the ECV in with you. Whether stand by or fast pass . Any line that has stairs you are directed to an alternate route.

At Disneyland? Interesting, I thought I had read that ECVs were not able to navigate the lines because a lot were more narrow. I'm not sure I can see it fitting through the Fantasyland rides, Indy, Pirates, or BTMRR. Good to know, though. I know that they're not currently offering FP, so we'll just have to navigate the standby lines.

I can't speak to the DAS procedure, but the following is for ECV/wheelchair/power chair users. Note this is all pre-COVID, so it's possible things have changed since then. Hopefully someone will speak up if that's the case.

In DCA most (all?) queues are mainstreamed (wider) so that everyone can go through the queue. There may be a separate boarding area at the end - such as what TSMM has where they pull off the accessible cars to allow more loading time. A CM will direct you if there's a separate boarding area.

In Disneyland you go to an attraction and look for a CM who will give you a return time, which is tied to your account on the Disneyland app. This is similar to FastPass/MaxPass (although it's free) for attractions where the queues are not wide enough or they have stairs or other obstacles for ECVs and wheelchairs. Basically you wait the same amount of time as anyone in the queue, but you come back to a separate entrance that avoids the queue. You can only have one return time on your account at a time.

At Disneyland? Interesting, I thought I had read that ECVs were not able to navigate the lines because a lot were more narrow. I'm not sure I can see it fitting through the Fantasyland rides, Indy, Pirates, or BTMRR. Good to know, though. I know that they're not currently offering FP, so we'll just have to navigate the standby lines.
DAS is still being offered at Disneyland, they send you to the alternate entrances, which in some cases is still the FP queue, but there have been remodels that have made more DL attractions mainstream, such as small world and Dumbo come to mind off hand. DAS still works on these locations. FP queues are also still being used for guest recovery and a few other uses.

And you can get a DAS even when using an ECV, but they will need to tell them what needs they
have that aren't met with an ECV.

I would still suggest taking the ECV through the queue, at DL, it will often mean the ECV will remain indoors or at least in shade, which will be helpful when you get off the ride, as the sun can make the seat extremely hot, even if someone else is driving it.

DAS and ECV access are 2 separate things.
Guests don’t need DAS to use the accessible entrances because the CMs will see the mobility device and direct the guest.

DAS is for people whose disability prevents them from waiting in line. If using the ECV meets that guest’s needs, they won’t need DAS. If the guest has additional needs that are not met by using the mobility device, they can explain those needs to a CM in Guest Relations and request DAS.

My mom uses an EVC for mobility and has a DAS for other reasons. It has never been an issue at WDW or Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter