DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

That's not how rider switch works though? When using rider switch the first party rides the ride and exits, and the second party goes through the lightning lane to then ride.
True - clearly there are changes going to happen come these new adoptions.

It's not rider switch; but party rejoin. That's how I would envision handling bathroom/rejoin issues and how some GAC were handled pre-DAS. This would alleviate LL congestion which is part of the goal.

It'll put strain on the exit CM for sure to manage that area effectively again.

Return to the line is one thing but I cannot imagine it with a scooter or wheelchair. Bypassing others in line would get a real thrill out of that! Maybe Disney will allow return to the line through the exit once the others on the DAS get to boarding area?
I would think trying to get OUT of line to attend to an issue would also be an nightmare... some of those queues are not made for going the wrong way through a crowd on a scooter....

True - clearly there are changes going to happen come these new adoptions.

It's not rider switch; but party rejoin. That's how I would envision handling bathroom/rejoin issues and how some GAC were handled pre-DAS. This would alleviate LL congestion which is part of the goal.

It'll put strain on the exit CM for sure to manage that area effectively again.
We've been asked a lot to not speculate on what may be done. There's no indication that Disney is considering a "party rejoin" type accommodation like this.

Yep and it doesn't work for those with mobility devices at most attractions, which is one of the big concerns we have with this approach.
Has it been offered to you? If not, I'd say no need to borrow trouble by worrying until the time comes that it is offered to you... at which point you can explain your full needs including the wheelchair and ask for their reconsideration. I honestly don't think Disney is out to "get" anybody by intentionally causing problems that are unsolvable.

We've been asked a lot to not speculate on what may be done. There's no indication that Disney is considering a "party rejoin" type accommodation like this.
Thank you. And true, while we don't know exactly how some accommodations may work, there has been no mention of "party rejoin" or many of the other speculations that have been floated.

True. I'm just clarifying an inquiry before. @lanejudy Iirc, at the beginning there was a mention of a rejoin line (or return to line wording) in the announcement, . That was so long ago. Amazing how a few weeks can be so long ago.

Clearly more options coming end of month as accommodations are needed for those not getting DAS.

edit; wording

Last edited:
True. I'm just clarifying an inquiry before. Iirc, at the beginning there was a mention of a rejoin line in the announcement. That was so long ago. Amazing how a few weeks can be so long ago.

Clearly more options coming end of month as accommodations are needed for those not getting DAS.
The rejoin the line was in reference to those who need to leave the standby queue (for ex for bathroom emergencies) and then return back to the standby line. It was never mentioned in terms of rejoining through the exit of the attraction.

The rejoin the line was in reference to those who need to leave the standby queue (for ex for bathroom emergencies) and then return back to the standby line. It was never mentioned in terms of rejoining through the exit of the attraction.
The essence is there; the process -- yet to be determined.

As stated already -- let's wait another two weeks. We'll get the answers soon enough.

Return to the line is one thing but I cannot imagine it with a scooter or wheelchair. Bypassing others in line would get a real thrill out of that! Maybe Disney will allow return to the line through the exit once the others on the DAS get to boarding area?
The problem is bigger than that, you can't even get out of line in the first place in many cases.

The essence is there; the process -- yet to be determined.

As stated already -- let's wait another two weeks. We'll get the answers soon enough.
Disneyland has already been trying to do this for a few months and it doesn't work well there. The process is already in place, but you can't physically get out of line if you have a mobility device.

Yes, and in the meantime let's not speculate as has been requested.
Lol; we've been on this thread Day 1 and seen 230+ pages of things and folk off the rails.

Just clarification on a something that's been loosely offered already as @Evita_W on day one also points out. It's not a new thing

How it will exist in a large revamp of the accommodations since DAS has been the one size fits all catchment since the move away from GAC.

Disneyland has already been trying to do this for a few months and it doesn't work well there. The process is already in place, but you can't physically get out of line if you have a mobility device.
Yeah, ECV line accessible vs line manageable === two very different issues, right?

I'm hopeful that Disney has engaged some focus groups to find better accommodation process being rolled out (hopefully better than those new scanners at DCA!)

Sorry if it’s been posted many times (I’m sure it has) - but how do you actually get onto these online video chats with CMs?
I’ve only ever used the in-app chat and Guest Relations in person.
Just want to know in advance so I know what to expect! Thank you everyone :)

Edit: also been seeing posts that imply you can just jump into a video chat with a wait time, instead of scheduling in a date and time in advance?
Disney have said they can provide you an iPad at Guest Relations in person to then speak with a CM about DAS after 20th May, so I assume I’m right with this assumption?
I'm not aware of any option to schedule your chat. You should just head to the disneyland or disney world website and enter the chat option. The wait times haven't been too bad as it appears they have added additional cast members. You are correct that starting May 20th if you try to register in person and Disney World they will hand you the ipad and you will be doing the same chat that you did at home.
Godo luck

Saw this post today.

I am going to wait until someone reports an experience from today on the board. But is it really only autism now and no other developmental abilities even? Heck, I thought the new rules weren't coming into play until May 20th. I am hoping to take this post with doubt, but I suppose new reports will give us insight.

ETA: link removed by moderator, not considered to be accurate info

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason I bring such a post up is because of the weird cast member phrasing of 'only people who can't understand what a line is' [which is such worrisome dialogue in the first place].

While I am hoping it is not the case, it is in fact not a good thing to have multiple cast members either seeing it that way and/or spewing misinformation.

Saw this post today.

I am going to wait until someone reports an experience from today on the board. But is it really only autism now and no other developmental abilities even? Heck, I thought the new rules weren't coming into play until May 20th. I am hoping to take this post with doubt, but I suppose new reports will give us insight.
I can’t see this being wholly accurate. This sounds like a frazzled CM and not someone who is in the know.

The only reason I bring such a post up is because of the weird cast member phrasing of 'only people who can't understand what a line is' [which is such worrisome dialogue in the first place].

While I am hoping it is not the case, it is in fact not a good thing to have multiple cast members either seeing it that way and/or spewing misinformation.
I actually had read something similar elsewhere, however I don't remember if it was in a Facebook group, on TikTok, on another message board like reddit (yes, I am chronically online). That someone was told that they were able to understand queuing, understand the expectation that at a theme park that's how it works, and understand time, so they no longer qualify. I wish I could remember where (it wasn't X/Twitter though as I don't read there). It was from a guest though - the guest reporting what the CM said, not a post or comment directly from a (purported) CM. I didn't mention it because I didn't save the post and I hadn't heard it elsewhere so I wasn't sure as to the validity (not that I am sure now).

I am hoping to take this post with doubt, but I suppose new reports will give us insight.
I can’t see this being wholly accurate. This sounds like a frazzled CM and not someone who is in the know.
I actually had read something similar elsewhere

Folks -- it was discussed right here last week, Friday, post # 4532
As @SueM in MN and I both commented at that time, it is unlikely to be accurate. It sounds more like a rogue CM trying to share "useful" information but seriously missing the mark. Most likely, that CM isn't even going to be trained on the new qualifications because it will be an entirely different department from the current Guest Relations staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter