Data breach restaurants Disney Springs

Dashzap

DIS Veteran
If you've used your credit card at these Disney springs restaurants, keep a close eye on your credit card statement. "In a statement posted to its Web site today, Orlando, Fla. based hospitality firm Earl Enterprises said a data breach involving malware installed on its point-of-sale systems allowed cyber thieves to steal card details from customers between May 23, 2018 and March 18, 2019." (source: Krebs on Security https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/03...ld-online-buca-di-beppo-parent-admits-breach/)

I looked up the Disney Springs restaurants. You can check other affected sites on Earl's website and read more about the breach: http://www.earlenterprise.com/incident/

Restaurant/Location - Address - Potentially Affected Date Range
Chicken Guy #30001 – Disney Springs 1506 East Buena Vista Drive Suite A 8/30/2018 – 3/1/2019
Earl of Sandwich #15001 - Disney Springs Orlando 1750 East Buena Vista Drive 5/23/2018 – 3/18/2019
Planet Hollywood #11007 – Observatory at Disney Springs 1506 East Buena Vista Drive 5/23/2018 – 3/18/2019

Thanks for the heads up....I don't remember if chicken guy was chip enabled or not..I wonder if it only affects those that ended up needing to swipe.

This is the same type of breach which occurred at Target a few years ago. You'd think that their IT department would have taken precautions against this type of attack...

Fortunately, I didn't eat at any of these last month.

This happens a lot more than people would believe especially when so many companies outsource their IT operations. I work for the govt and we test malware entry on a regular basis. Even thou we tell people not to click on things they don't know we will get that 1% who will click on anything.

Wow. I have been dozens of times and have never had that happen.
I've had to replace my debit card three times in the past year because of fraud. And the credit card twice.

I thought it was very odd that when you use your CC at the Disney stores in the park you have to swipe. This was just this month! Their machines are not yet CHIP enabled. Unbelievable that Disney isn't doing more to protect our data with technology that just about every other merchant has been using for years!

I usually come back from Disney with credit card fraud on my card.

My last three trips resulted in my AMEX card compromised. AMEX calls with the alert, shuts down the card, then I get a message on the in-room phone about an outstanding balance. Fun.

Next trip I'm using my CapOne card.

We did visit EOS during in early March but pretty sure I tapped my MB.

This is the same type of breach which occurred at Target a few years ago. You'd think that their IT department would have taken precautions against this type of attack...

Worse yet, according to Krebs they were notified of the issue in February, yet the problem continued well into March.

I've had to replace my debit card three times in the past year because of fraud. And the credit card twice.
Yup. Me too. No debit card replacement because I never use debit. But credit card fraud many, many times at Disney.

I’ve taken to using Disney gift cards for everything. Don’t put anything on the band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter