Dave Filoni is now the Chief Creative Officer at Lucasfilm will work directly w Kennedy

Skywalker3

DIS Veteran
Lots of news sites reporting this incredible news. I've been a HUGE Filoni fan since the Clone Wars, and seeing him at a Celebration VI panel, when the new canon was coming about. You could just see how much he truly loved Star Wars, the history, the lore, all of it, and how much he truly not only respected Lucas as the Creator, but valued him and accepted his guidance, and spent the time and the love to learn and explore all of Star Wars. He is the true Heir to the Empire. Filoni still likes a little too much cutesy stuff sometimes, imo, but I'm so excited that he'll be leading projects going forward

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/...-chief-creative-officer-star-wars-1235804125/

I'm glad for Dave. I don't think it will change a lot. I mean, he's basically been doing this for most projects anyway, maybe not as lead but as creative consultant. He is the guy for it!

I think it's a great move. That said, he needs to hire someone to help him write dialogue because he definitely learned from his master how to write clunky dialogue. That said, Ahsoka was some of the best stuff I've seen since season 1 of Mandalorian. I don't put Andor in that category as that's about as standalone of a genre from Star Wars as has ever been created.

I'll be the voice of dissent. I'm not a fan of Filoni's and I worry that the stories we're getting will become too much of the same with all the characters he prefers. I'm also not a fan of his view on the Force and think he's too adherent to "what George would say." I know people will disagree, but I grew up reading the books, so I rarely cared what George would say. :D Not to mention that George's opinions and stories changed all the time, too. It's just funny to me that they moved forward with a Sequel Trilogy in which they ignored the conflict between the New Republic and Imperial Remnant from the books and said there had been peacetime for a generation... only to now go back to that time period in TV shows and explore the conflict between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant. 😬

Anyway, here's hoping I'm wrong, and they continue to explore different eras with different storytellers that don't all focus on the Ghost crew and Ahsoka. Sadly I haven't been excited about Star Wars for awhile now, and this really made me dread new stories moving forward. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is Andor Season 2. But hey, maybe Dave will reinstate the Rogue Squadron movie! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter