Daytime activities - RCI vs Celebrity vs Princess

WanderlustNZ

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Firstly, I know that this is an RCI thread and that there is a lot of great info about Celebrity and Princess on other helpful websites. However, there is also a lot of anti-kid sentiment out there, and I'm keen to hear some feedback on an upcoming cruise from what I consider to be a more family-friendly forum.

My family (2 adults and a son who will be 11 when we cruise) have cruised Disney before and loved it, but it is now out of our price reach and I am looking into other companies for what will be our second Caribbean cruise.

I'm currently booked on a Celebrity cruise as it's another line my husband and I have cruised on and enjoyed. We love Celebrity's modern-arty decor, its food (even my son is a foodie), and its included drink and extras package. The price we have booked it for (given the all inclusive perks it includes) is one we are really happy with. We hate watching our cruise bill add up as we sail and prefer to know what we are paying from the outset.

However, what we didn't like about Celebrity, and the reason I am double guessing my decision, is the daytime activities. All the so called enrichment activities felt like hard sells for Celebrity tours, shopping and spa treatments. Other than the few trivia sessions per day we attended, we felt like we were left to entertain ourselves.

I have looked at RCI and while I think my son would enjoy the outdoorsy/sport options, they are not a major selling point for my husband and I. Therefore I am keen to hear some feedback about the art/trivia/enrichment activities on offer.

Similar with Princess. A bit of a nerd at heart, the daytime activities on Princess (at least from what I have read) really appeal to me. It sounds like Princess embrace their destination through food options, art and music. Plus the partnership with Discovery and Animal Planet sounds great to me. For example, if I'm going to Mexico, I'd love to attend an expert lecture on the Mayans, eat fresh guacamole, perhaps attend a mexican style art, dance or music class, and learn about the stars in the Northern Night sky. Is this really how it is, or is it just a great advertising gimmick on Princess' part?
Princess' more traditional decor and cabin sizes don't appeal to us, so it will be a lot of weighing up one con against another.

Obviously, I am also keen to hear a comparison of the activities offered in the kids clubs as well as the child-friendly nature of the evening entertainment.

Thanks if you have read all this. Any feedback appreciated.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter