DCL Summer 2017 Megathread - Itineraries are out!

Yes, summer only.
I would show your daughter some other ships and itinerary's. I've been telling me kids for years that we would eventually be trying other cruise lines. Disney's itinerary's are limited, and there prices are outrageous. My kids love DCL, but they get really excited when they see some of the bigger, newer ships that have so much more to do then the Disney ships.

Guess we'll see in a couple of hours if the rumor about the website going live with the new bookings at 12:01amEST are true or not. If not guess I'll try it in the morning (or try calling) and see if we're doing Alaska on DCL in 2017 or the Carnival Legend.......

we have only sailed on disney, 11 times so far, cruise 12 is in june 2016. i did book the san diego may 2017 2 night cruise and alaska june 2017 7 night cruise today. but now after looking online after what ive read here, i may cancel the cruises and look elsewhere as much as i hate to even think it. alaska on disney for 2 with oceanview room is costing us 4668. i looked at RCCL and found the almost same itinerary, leaves from seattle instead of vancouver, and it was only 2500!!!!! omg, what to do! i love disney but do we dare try another cruise line??

we have only sailed on disney, 11 times so far, cruise 12 is in june 2016. i did book the san diego may 2017 2 night cruise and alaska june 2017 7 night cruise today. but now after looking online after what ive read here, i may cancel the cruises and look elsewhere as much as i hate to even think it. alaska on disney for 2 with oceanview room is costing us 4668. i looked at RCCL and found the almost same itinerary, leaves from seattle instead of vancouver, and it was only 2500!!!!! omg, what to do! i love disney but do we dare try another cruise line??

I feel your pain!! :hyper2:

IMHO Alaska on DCL is just a rip off. I booked the Baltic cruise 5/28 on DCL a cat 10b was 5,200. Not great, but not absurd. I'm fine with an inside room on port intensive European cruises. I checked out Royal the same week it was less, but the inside rooms on the older Royal ships are too small. The Baltics cruises are pretty expensive across the board. The 11 night Baltic cruise on Royal in a verandah was close to 9k. The problem with the Royal ships in Europe is that you need a balcony room to get a room big enough for four. On DCL the insides and oceanviews are a good size.
Yes I could get a verandah for the same price as an inside on DCL, but on European cruise I don't care about the Verandah so I'd rather be on DCL. I did get a quote on Alaska for May 22 on DCL the price was 5400 for a 10b. That ridiculous for a May Alaskan cruise. I could cruise any other line in a verandah for a couple thousand less. From what I hear having a verandah in Alaska makes the experience a lot better. I would probably take the verandah on RCI. On the bright side if you hate it you didn't spend a lot of money, and you get a balcony to enjoy all the scenery.

IMHO Alaska on DCL is just a rip off. I booked the Baltic cruise 5/28 on DCL a cat 10b was 5,200. Not great, but not absurd. I'm fine with an inside room on port intensive European cruises. I checked out Royal the same week it was less, but the inside rooms on the older Royal ships are too small. The Baltics cruises are pretty expensive across the board. The 11 night Baltic cruise on Royal in a verandah was close to 9k. The problem with the Royal ships in Europe is that you need a balcony room to get a room big enough for four. On DCL the insides and oceanviews are a good size.
Yes I could get a verandah for the same price as an inside on DCL, but on European cruise I don't care about the Verandah so I'd rather be on DCL. I did get a quote on Alaska for May 22 on DCL the price was 5400 for a 10b. That ridiculous for a May Alaskan cruise. I could cruise any other line in a verandah for a couple thousand less. From what I hear having a verandah in Alaska makes the experience a lot better. I would probably take the verandah on RCI. On the bright side if you hate it you didn't spend a lot of money, and you get a balcony to enjoy all the scenery.

I have cruised to Alaska 4 times and never had a balcony. Yes, they are nice, but I'm not willing to pay a lot more for one. I'll be on b2b Alaska cruises on Radiance of the Seas in May 2017 in an inside (1st cruise) and an oceanview (2nd cruise). When it comes to cabin size on RCI - I'd rather have two inside or oceanview cabins for 4 people than one balcony cabin.

As far as RCI in Alaska - I don't think much of Explorer of the Seas' Alaska itinerary. It goes to only two Alaskan ports - Juneau and Skagway, plus Tracy Arm and a day in Victoria. It also sails from Seattle, which is less scenic than out of Vancouver. Based only on itinerary and not price - DCL has the better itinerary of the two.

Guess we'll see in a couple of hours if the rumor about the website going live with the new bookings at 12:01amEST are true or not. If not guess I'll try it in the morning (or try calling) and see if we're doing Alaska on DCL in 2017 or the Carnival Legend.......

I am waiting to see too just in case..! I doubt it but you never know, right?

That does seem high... we were going to pay 4K in June 2014 for 7A but downgraded to an 11B before we sailed for about half that. We used the savings for excursions.

I have cruised to Alaska 4 times and never had a balcony. Yes, they are nice, but I'm not willing to pay a lot more for one. I'll be on b2b Alaska cruises on Radiance of the Seas in May 2017 in an inside (1st cruise) and an oceanview (2nd cruise).

As far as RCI in Alaska - I don't think much of Explorer of the Seas' Alaska itinerary. It goes to only two Alaskan ports - Juneau and Skagway, plus Tracy Arm and a day in Victoria. It also sails from Seattle, which is less scenic than out of Vancouver. Based only on itinerary and not price - DCL has the better itinerary of the two.

When it comes to cabin size on RCI - I'd rather have two inside or oceanview cabins for 4 people than one balcony cabin.

I agree, but here I am with a verandah on RCCL in Alaska this July and another for our freshly booked Norwegian 2017. I'd rather pocket the thousands but my husband is adamant we have a verandah. :rolleyes:

I have cruised to Alaska 4 times and never had a balcony. Yes, they are nice, but I'm not willing to pay a lot more for one. I'll be on b2b Alaska cruises on Radiance of the Seas in May 2017 in an inside (1st cruise) and an oceanview (2nd cruise). When it comes to cabin size on RCI - I'd rather have two inside or oceanview cabins for 4 people than one balcony cabin.

No I don't think it's necessary, but if it came down to DCL in a inside or another cruise line with a balcony. I would choose the other cruise line. I'm ok with an inside or ocean view on any cruise. It's just that on some ships the insides are just too small for 2 adults and 2 teens. Two insides can be more expensive than a balcony. Some cruise lines hardly charge anything for the 3rd and 4th passengers in a room.

I agree, but here I am with a verandah on RCCL in Alaska this July and another for our freshly booked Norwegian 2017. I'd rather pocket the thousands but my husband is adamant we have a verandah. :rolleyes:
My husband is usually pretty adamant about NOT spending the money for a balcony! I'm fairly frugal, too, and I'd rather travel longer and more often than in a more expensive cabin.

For those looking for a less-outrageously-priced 9-night Alaska cruise with a great itinerary, I suggest the May 17-26, 2017 Radiance of the Seas cruise from Vancouver to Seward: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruis...05-01&sDateMax=2017-05-31&sailDate=05/17/2017 I'm on that one.

Another Alaska cruise itinerary I really like is the 14-night Norwegian Sun, May 15-29, 2017 from San Francisco to Vancouver. It goes to 5 Alaskan ports, 3 glacier areas (Tracy Arm, Hubbard Glacier, and Glacier Bay), and 2 ports in Canada: https://www.ncl.com/cruises/14-day-...eraryCode=SUN14SFOASTKTNJNUSGYICYSITPRRNNOVAN

Is anyone from the UK able to see the new dates on the DCL website yet?
I was hoping to see the new dates this morning at 5.01am (12.01am EST) but no luck. I guess we will have to wait until 1.00pm (8.00am EST).
I can't believe how much these prices have gone up...I think I may now be priced out of DCL which is such a shame. I sailed on a 7 night Alaska cruise in 2013 and paid just over £2500 for 2 adults (Navigator's verandah) and the WBTA in 2014, paying just £1600 again for a Navigator's (with OBB). Now it's just crazy money! Who are these people happy to pay $20,000 for a holiday and what jobs do they work in to be able to afford it? I think I need to change careers!

Is anyone from the UK able to see the new dates on the DCL website yet?
I was hoping to see the new dates this morning at 5.01am (12.01am EST) but no luck. I guess we will have to wait until 1.00pm (8.00am EST).
I can't believe how much these prices have gone up...I think I may now be priced out of DCL which is such a shame. I sailed on a 7 night Alaska cruise in 2013 and paid just over £2500 for 2 adults (Navigator's verandah) and the WBTA in 2014, paying just £1600 again for a Navigator's (with OBB). Now it's just crazy money! Who are these people happy to pay $20,000 for a holiday and what jobs do they work in to be able to afford it? I think I need to change careers!

I can't see them yet, have been checking all morning. However, I notice the rest of the 2017 months (through to September) have been added to the search boxes, so I guess they are getting ready to go. The search facility is not actually working for me at the moment.

Yup, not seeing anything. Morning it is! Assuming the site will, of course, crash in the morning too :crazy2:

I can't see them yet, have been checking all morning. However, I notice the rest of the 2017 months (through to September) have been added to the search boxes, so I guess they are getting ready to go. The search facility is not actually working for me at the moment.
Seeing them now? I saw them at 5:30 and now I'm sad for the rest of the day. None in the category we wanted and nothing in a price range we can afford. Definitely one disadvantage to being a teacher is the limited availability for travel. :(

None of the five night June cruises are in the system yet, that I can locate. Is it possible they are already sold out?

With all the talk about Alaska, how do people feel about the other cruise lines older ships being there? I understand Disney is a lot more expensive but I was really impressed with how the Magic looked in 2013 before her major drydock considering she was 15 years old. I see all the other cruise lines Alaska ships are around 15 years old (with the exception of the Celebrity Solstice) and was just wondering if it would be worth paying the extra to DCL knowing that the Wonder will be amazing? I haven't cruised on other lines older ships before so perhaps it is just me being a bit of a worry wart but I would rather pay for the shows I know I am going to see, the characters, the other activities on board I know I enjoy. If RCL, Norwegian, Carnival etc were sending the Vista, Harmony etc up there I just don't think I would mind as much jumping ship.

Sorry less of a question there and more just a word dump from me :surfweb:

None of the five night June cruises are in the system yet, that I can locate. Is it possible they are already sold out?
I noticed that too. And now its telling me the site is temporarily unavailable. Maybe they're adding them now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter