DCL vs. Brilliance of the Seas vs. Celebrity Constellation

dunnhorn

I'd rather be at Castaway Cay
Hello!

We have done 5 DCL cruises and 1 RCCL cruise. Definitely prefer DCL... At the end of the year, my parents want to take the entire family (my sisters and their families) on a cruise to celebrate my mom's 75th. So, we are shopping cruises.

We have found the Brilliance of the Seas going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel and also the Celebrity Constellation. Has anyone been on the Constellation? I am specifically wondering how the kids clubs would be. Also, how are the pools? Entertainment?

Having been on the Oasis, I am aware of RCCL's tendency to nickel and dime cruisers. For those who have been on the Brilliance, I am wondering - how are the pools? The kids clubs? Adult areas? Entertainment?

TIA!

Hello! We have done 5 DCL cruises and 1 RCCL cruise. Definitely prefer DCL... At the end of the year, my parents want to take the entire family (my sisters and their families) on a cruise to celebrate my mom's 75th. So, we are shopping cruises. We have found the Brilliance of the Seas going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel and also the Celebrity Constellation. Has anyone been on the Constellation? I am specifically wondering how the kids clubs would be. Also, how are the pools? Entertainment? Having been on the Oasis, I am aware of RCCL's tendency to nickel and dime cruisers. For those who have been on the Brilliance, I am wondering - how are the pools? The kids clubs? Adult areas? Entertainment? TIA!
both ships are the 90,000 ton vessels - IMHO, the best size. Reduced compliment with tons more space. I prefer brilliance for families. Nice pools including water slide and play area for kids with sports deck and mini golf. Adequate kids clubs and decent entertainment. Constellation is elegance at its best. Not as fun for kids. Mom would really enjoy it.

Thank you so much!

We ended up booking the brilliance. But then, I went online today and there were next to no excursions available! Really - 1 year out and most of the excursions are gone. Does that sound right? And we have a party of 13 and the dining availability is gone and we have "my time dining." Ugh - I am really not going to like this.... Already much more work than DCL!
Any tips?

The excursions won't be available to book at a year out. They usually appear around 90 days out.

Thank you so much! We ended up booking the brilliance. But then, I went online today and there were next to no excursions available! Really - 1 year out and most of the excursions are gone. Does that sound right? And we have a party of 13 and the dining availability is gone and we have "my time dining." Ugh - I am really not going to like this.... Already much more work than DCL! Any tips?
more excursions will post as it gets closer. Does seem strange about dining unless it is a holiday cruise. Not sure if you booked online? If you haven't, I would call RCCL to request dining. My time dining can be nice. Sometimes 6 is too early and 815 too late. If you are stuck with my time, as soon as you get onboard, speak directly to maitre d and he can set you up with same table and same waiter at your same set time every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter