DCL vs. Sandals all inclusive vs. Aulani

I have done all 3 of these, and have also done Fiji as a family of 4 with a 7 and 10 year old-it was great, fijians love kids! Go to Sandals before you have kids. Take Disney cruises once kids are 6 months and up. I would wait to do Aulani until kiddos are 5 and up. Just my two cents.

Aulani and Oahu. Watch this and I do not need to explain. My 14 year old daughter made this from this past summer.

What a fantastic video, thanks for sharing! We are going to Honolulu in 2 1/2 weeks but unfortunately not Aulani as (a) the trip was a last minute decision and (b) we have other trips planned for later this year so Aulani was not in the budget. But my youngest sure loved watching this, saving to show my hubby and hopefully we can get there in a year or two!

I don't completely understand why everyone is talking about avoiding Hawaii with children.

We went to Maui as a family this past August. We had an awesome time. But....the trip costs considerably more when you are buying 1 or 2 additional plane tickets.
Also a family trip to a place like Hawaii is great but a kid free trip is also something everyone should experience.

I have stayed at aulani and Turtle Bay resort and have taken two cruises. I would suggest Hawaii and if you go to Aulani, you can rent Dvc points and stay for about half the price. For two adults I would recommend Turtle Bay Resort. It's on the Northshore and views were amazing. There is so much to see and do and lot of the things adults would be interested in young kids may not enjoy. The flight is another thing to consider with kids. It was an 8 hour flight for us. It was an amazing trip.

My husband and I went to Sandals Emerald bay when it first opened and absolutely loved it! By far our best sandals experience. Felt incredibly safe, gorgeous surroundings and amazing staff. It's on my list of places to return too! We are going on our first disney cruise in April so I can't speak to that but since Sandals is adults only it may a good idea to do that before having kids and save disney for when you have children. Just my opinion but really don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter