DDA Chapter 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your children's schools have a moment of silence in honor of 9/11?

I was ASTOUNDED that the middle school did not! All the district schools have been doing this since the first anniversary....

I honestly do not know, I will have to ask the boys.

Lots of good thoughts for you guys in Texas (and by the looks of it Mississippi and Alabama are not exempt from this enormous storm). You all be very careful.
Yes, please do. :wizard:

Did your children's schools have a moment of silence in honor of 9/11?

I was ASTOUNDED that the middle school did not! All the district schools have been doing this since the first anniversary....
I don't know. I'll have to ask tonight.

Thanks, now though I am afraid I told her a little too much as we will be getting on a plane in October. And she likes to worry. She asked again this morning and we talked some more. I had to keep telling her now that flying is much safer as everyone is checked a lot more than before.

You said it all so well. It's a shame that our little kids have to try to grasp the totality of that horror. :sad2:

Elizabeth - I hope you talk to you mom and find out that Diva overreacted. Please keep us posted.

Tammi - I agree with Marci. My grandma had wanted to with Terra and me on our last trip. I don't remember why she didn't in the end. I think it's because we moved from Oct to Dec when we moved to St. Louis. She was disappointed, as was I, but we reassured each other with a plan or "next time". Unfortunately, that next time didn't have a chance to come, but the trip she did take with us when I was pregnant with Terra will always be a favorite.

Elizabeth - I hope all is okay with your mom. Good luck with the phone calls.

Heidi - I remember watching both, but I think the edge goes to The Addams Family. I loved both Fred Gwynn and John Astin though so it's a tough call.

Elin - Did you call switch to push buttons part way through or was it all voice? The first time I got the voice last week, I had to hang up because the kids were being loud and it kept hearing them and not me. When I called back I got push button. Yesterday, I got the voice one again, but it switched to push button when it was asking about number of visits. I was wondering if that was normal or because I was having problems getting it to recognize an answer the question before.

Chanon - any reason I should avoid booking with USAirways? How are they about canceling/changing flight times?

sounds like lots of :hug: :hug: and :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: and prayers are needed all around but specifically:

Elizabeth-tell Susan we are praying for her. I hope your mom is doing okay today. I think somehow Diva Girl has switched with Cassidy:upsidedow :scared:

Stephanie-I am so sorry this week has been espescially rough on you:flower3:

Tammi- I hope your parents do decide to come and I agree that you don't know what trip will be you last.

Stay safe in Texas, y'all!!

So my brain didn't explode last night but it came close;) Then as I am almost asleep I have a thought.....they want out of the box, so give them out of the box, write a story!! It's still going to be tough but a bit easier.

I am not sure whether our schools had a moment of silence yesterday or not.

As for The Addams vs. The Munsters.....I only ever watched the Addams (in syndication) so I don't think I can give a qualified answer!!

Elizabeth :hug:

Oh, Elizabeth. That would be reason enough to scare me too. Best of luck on the phone calls. :hug:

Thanks. :)

Everyone needs to call Disney Dining! They have a new answering system and it starts with a pixiedust: chiming kind of sound! It then goes to a voice prompted system that allows you to zip right through to an agent! I am off to write Disney an attaboy email!

Well, I don't need to call until Februaury. :guilty: And really, if I have IPO make my ADRs I won't have to call at all! (Yeah. Right. Like I would let them make my ADRs at 180 days and then leave them alone until we got to WDW. :lmao: )

Thanks, Heidi. :)

Yes -- Shelton did.

Kristine -- good luck for Bill's appt. today!

I don't know if they had a moment of silence or not. I talked to DS about it a little more last night but he didn't have much to say.

Kristine - :wizard: I hope all goes well!

I hope you can get in touch with your mom today. :hug:'s

I thought I would call the house and act surprised if she answered. If I get the machine I will leave a message for her to be expecting a box from me today or tomorrow. I don't want her to know that Diva e-mailed me.

I read about that! Did you all hear they are renaming the DDE card to Tables In Wonderland :confused3

That's a lame name. :sad2: Who comes up with these things?

Elizabeth - I hope you talk to you mom and find out that Diva overreacted. Please keep us posted.

Diva only overreacts to silly things. She prefers to ignore serious things. For her to e-mail there must be something very wrong. If I can't get Mom on the house phone I will call her cell later. She finishes work about 2:30, so if I call about 3 PM I should be able to catch her whether she worked today or not.

I read about that! Did you all hear they are renaming the DDE card to Tables In Wonderland :confused3

yes... :rolleyes: I think that is probably just about the dumbest name they could have come up with! Why not "Eating Around the World" or "Resident/Passholder Discount Card" or something simple?

I just did! Love the pd sound. That is going to screw up TGM's advice on how to get through all the prompts to make those elusive ADRs.

and maybe that entered into the development!

Elin - Did you call switch to push buttons part way through or was it all voice? The first time I got the voice last week, I had to hang up because the kids were being loud and it kept hearing them and not me. When I called back I got push button. Yesterday, I got the voice one again, but it switched to push button when it was asking about number of visits. I was wondering if that was normal or because I was having problems getting it to recognize an answer the question before.

Yesterday I got the push button one, today it was all voice prompts. But maybe it was having difficulty recognizing your answers. :confused3

So my brain didn't explode last night but it came close;) Then as I am almost asleep I have a thought.....they want out of the box, so give them out of the box, write a story!! It's still going to be tough but a bit easier.

I want to read it when you are done! :goodvibes

ETA: please! :flower3:

Hmm. No answer on Mom's home or cell. So I left a voice mail on her cell. Either she is at work or she is asleep.

Princess and I are off to run some errands. Library, dry cleaners, BANK. I overdrew our checking account for the first time in 20 years. Luckily the bank transferred money from our savings account to cover it. I forgot to write down a transaction and that just shot the poop out of the whole operation. :sad2: If anyone sees my brain would you please toss it in my handbasket? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter