DDA Chapter 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I took Mo into see her pediatrician today as her fever spiked to 103.6 and she was having trouble breathing. She has the flu and tomorrow I have to take her to get tested for the swine flu. :scared1: She told me Mo cannot return to school until her cough is gone, which could be 5-7 days. And now Eric has a fever, so it looks like we've all had/got the flu!! Oh, it's gonna be a LONG week.

poor Mo:wizard: for her and you. I hope your house gets well soon.

I'm here with my hands out, begging for prayers, pixie dust, good thoughts, whatever you can spare.

My dad had prostate cancer 12 years ago, and came through it just fine. However, this past week, he had a swelling and went to the doctor. At first they thought it was just an infected gland, but after some antibiotics, and then a blood test, they've determined that it is cancer. They're not sure where it is situated, and he has a CAT scan tomorrow to see what's going on. His doctor is pretty sure that they caught things in time to take care of it, but I'm still scared!

I still haven't adjusted to my mom being gone, and I'm terrified of losing my dad, as well. I'm a daddy's girl, and proud to be one, and I'm so not ready to go through losing him!

Thanks for all your DDA magic!

prayers said:wizard:

:bday:Birthday Wishes to Deb, Steffy, & Robin!!!:bday:

:wizard:For everyone not feeling well!

:hug:Glynis-prayers for your Dad!!!:wizard:

:wizard:Tia-hope you get some answers!

Elizabeth-Lizzy was just asking if it was still hot in TX. We've had some cool mornings here.

Debbie-WOW!!! LOVE that cheerleader outfit! Can you do it in a size 10/12 in royal blue & white? I'm not looking forward to making it. I like yours more than the pattern Lizzy picked out.

Denise-stay safe!:wizard:

I bought my latest from www.babye-store.com I was a bit worried to order from them as the site doesn't look like much but they had the best price and shipped very fast. They have a limited selection-don't have what I ordered anymore. I also bought 2 other strollers from www.albeebaby.com I even called them a few times-asking questions before I purchased- and they have excellent service and usually have great prices.

Tomorrow is our 25th anniversary. Seems like yesterday and seems like forever too. I have a nephew who was born that day. I can't believe he is 25! I'm sure my sister can't either!

Things are crazy busy at work and the fun has just begun.:laughing:

thanks
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH.

morning! I fell asleep during the football game -must have been exhausted ;) Today is our back to school night so I wont be home til at least 9-10 tonight...cant wait for the weekend :)

So I took Mo into see her pediatrician today as her fever spiked to 103.6 and she was having trouble breathing. She has the flu and tomorrow I have to take her to get tested for the swine flu. :scared1: She told me Mo cannot return to school until her cough is gone, which could be 5-7 days. And now Eric has a fever, so it looks like we've all had/got the flu!! Oh, it's gonna be a LONG week.
I'm so sorry Robyn! :wizard: that it passes quickly!

I'm here with my hands out, begging for prayers, pixie dust, good thoughts, whatever you can spare.

My dad had prostate cancer 12 years ago, and came through it just fine. However, this past week, he had a swelling and went to the doctor. At first they thought it was just an infected gland, but after some antibiotics, and then a blood test, they've determined that it is cancer. They're not sure where it is situated, and he has a CAT scan tomorrow to see what's going on. His doctor is pretty sure that they caught things in time to take care of it, but I'm still scared!

I still haven't adjusted to my mom being gone, and I'm terrified of losing my dad, as well. I'm a daddy's girl, and proud to be one, and I'm so not ready to go through losing him!

Sending lots of prayers and :wizard: your way!

Oh sweetie I am so sorry, plenty of good thoughts and :wizard: from one who was a daddy's girl herself. :hug: :wizard: :hug:

Good morning. :)

I'm pretty sure Alyssa will be going to school today. By last night her fever was gone and she was feeling good. I let her sleep in today and I'll check her when I get her up, then go into work a little late. Nicholas went to her classroom yesterday to get her work and her teacher told him she's the 4th person in there to come down with strep.

He also came home with a paper regarding the swine flu vaccine. They will be offering it on Tues and Thurs in October, and will set up sites in the high schools. I thought the would be doing it in each school. :rolleyes: So that is going to be inconvenient! But not as inconvenient as everyone being sick for weeks on end.

Janet,
Cool costume!!! I am still not sure what I am going to be for mnsshp. I am thinking "pirate" but everyone's a pirate. Dana wants to be something historical.

Robyn,
Hope everyone gets well soon.

Tammi,
Glad Alyssa is better. I wish they would give flu shots in their schools. Our peditrician can't get us in until right before we go away which I won't so since my kids always come down with something right after they get shots. I wonder if the pharmachies do shots for kids as well as adults? I'll have to check that out.

Bernadette,
Happy 25th Anniversary!!!

Bernadette
E681A.jpg

Oh no!!! Major hugs to you and your family Robyn. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

You've got it Glynis. Hugs, prayers, pixie dust. You've got it all.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Happy Anniversary Bernadette :love:

Tammi glad to hear Alyssa is feeling better!

Anne Marie good luck figuring out your costumes!

Robyn & Glynis lot's of good thoughts going out to both of you today :hug:

Good morning :)

It is a nice rainy day here to kick off fall.

Denise - don't float away!

Robyn - There is so much flu going around here too. You all take care of yourselves!

Glynis - all my good thoughts are winging their way towards you and your Dad.

Denise, hope you are staying out of the floods!

Robyn, yuck. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!!

Glynis, I am sorry. I know how frightened you must be! Good thoughts to you and your dad! :hug::wizard:

thanks
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH.

Happy Anniversary, Bernadette!! :goodvibes

I ended up getting Flu Mist at the pharmacy yesterday because I could NOT find anywhere to get the stupid shot! :mad: I wasn't thrilled with the mist, but at least it's done. Momboss said Dadboss still hasn't bothered to get his shot, so at least I wasn't last! :rotfl2: I could have gone to the Dr. but I didn't want to call, go over there, pay to park, blah blah blah. I am still on the fence with the swine vaccine. Of course it isn't available yet, so I can continue to ponder.

Tammi, as far as I know NONE of our schools ever offer any sort of vaccines. And when I went in for my flu thing yesterday the pharmacy guy looked at me very suspiciously and said "Do you want the vaccine for a CHILD?" I had Princess with me. So I tend to think pharmacies will be squirrelly about vaccinating kids. Maybe not.

:bday:Birthday Wishes to Deb, Steffy, & Robin!!!:bday:

:wizard:For everyone not feeling well!

:hug:Glynis-prayers for your Dad!!!:wizard:

:wizard:Tia-hope you get some answers!

Elizabeth-Lizzy was just asking if it was still hot in TX. We've had some cool mornings here.

Debbie-WOW!!! LOVE that cheerleader outfit! Can you do it in a size 10/12 in royal blue & white? I'm not looking forward to making it. I like yours more than the pattern Lizzy picked out.

Denise-stay safe!:wizard:

I bought my latest from www.babye-store.com I was a bit worried to order from them as the site doesn't look like much but they had the best price and shipped very fast. They have a limited selection-don't have what I ordered anymore. I also bought 2 other strollers from www.albeebaby.com I even called them a few times-asking questions before I purchased- and they have excellent service and usually have great prices.

Tomorrow is our 25th anniversary. Seems like yesterday and seems like forever too. I have a nephew who was born that day. I can't believe he is 25! I'm sure my sister can't either!

Things are crazy busy at work and the fun has just begun.:laughing:

Thanks for the b-day wishes. :yay:

Happy Anniversary!! :dance3:

And I resemble your remarks about work.:eek:

Hmm.

A few weeks ago I had a friend request on FaceBook from a girl I went to high school with. I recognize her name, but we did not know each other well. She knew other people I knew, we sat together at lunch a couple of times. That was it. So I left her request pending for awhile, then I decided to decline it. No reason to feel guilty. Now she has requested to be my friend AGAIN. What is UP with this girl? :confused3 We have been out of high school for 21 years. She needs to move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter