DDC XXXI: Nice to have Friends Around the Globe, Even Tim! Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Indiana stunk it up this year. Don't be a hater.

Stunk it up is putting it lightly :sad2:

How about baseball...

Opening day. Should be a national holiday. I'd rather be at a ballpark than at work. :thumbsup2

Florida is all I have left too and I've got them winning it all. My Elite Eight looked phenomenal... Let's just say that I had 2 Big Ten teams in the Final Four and neither of those teams actually made it. :headache:

I hate Kentucky, but still not as much as Indiana. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Truthfully though, I don't hate Kentucky and their program as much as I hate Calipari and everything he and the whole one and done system stand for. Oh well... even if they do win, it will just be fun to watch 2 championships get vacated in a few years. :lmao::rotfl2:

I agree about opening day. I can't believe you would root for Kentucky. If Purdue and UK were playing in a game, I would........oh never mind :sick:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but...

::yes:: :thumbsup2

Go Big Ten!

How about baseball...

Opening day. Should be a national holiday. I'd rather be at a ballpark than at work. :thumbsup2

Normally I would agree, but I've seen the lineup the Phillies will be putting out on the field this year. When does football season start?

Don't worry - you won't have too. You'll be facing the Badgers. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Go Big Ten!

Are they still playing basketball? I stopped paying attention when Delaware lost.:confused3

Good luck! I am running a 5k in 2 weeks and then a 10k for cinco de mayo in hopes of doing 1 hour so I can turn it in for the ToT 10 miler but realistically it'll prob be closer to 1:15
What a crappy race.. Correction the race is great- MY race was bad. I'll put the crappy details to the crappy story in the running thread.
Normally I would agree, but I've seen the lineup the Phillies will be putting out on the field this year. When does football season start?

We've got about 5 guys in the minors that I would much rather see than the lineup we'll put out there today. I'd put the over/under for Cub victories at about 72.5. Leaning toward the under.

Wow, Cubs fans usually wait until they lose on opening day to start saying "wait until next year!"

We've got about 5 guys in the minors that I would much rather see than the lineup we'll put out there today. I'd put the over/under for Cub victories at about 72.5. Leaning toward the under.
Every "season preview" article I've read about the Cubs this year focused on those guys in the minors and how the Cubs will be a competitor in 2016 and on for about 90% of the article. The last sentence is usually some variation of "but Cubs fans will have to suffer through a horrible 2014 first." :headache:

We can only hope...

xcv.jpg

Every "season preview" article I've read about the Cubs this year focused on those guys in the minors and how the Cubs will be a competitor in 2016 and on for about 90% of the article. The last sentence is usually some variation of "but Cubs fans will have to suffer through a horrible 2014 first." :headache:
So essentially, they're just recycling the "season' preview" article they've been using every season since Steve Bartman robbed Moises Alou of a foul ball out??? :rolleyes1

But this time it's worth believing...
We can only hope...

xcv.jpg

So essentially, they're just recycling the "season' preview" article they've been using every season since Steve Bartman robbed Moises Alou of a foul ball out??? :rolleyes1

Normally it's just the Chicago media saying that. Now, everybody agrees that our farm system is stacked. Good days are coming, but yes, 2014 will be bad. Signs of life in 2015. And division favorites in 2016.

No.....They've had to change the names and dates and stuff.

But this time it's worth believing...

Normally it's just the Chicago media saying that. Now, everybody agrees that our farm system is stacked. Good days are coming, but yes, 2014 will be bad. Signs of life in 2015. And division favorites in 2016.

Until a blown ACL, a Tommy John surgery or two, and (because it's the Cubs) something along the lines of a top prospect breaking his leg in 3 places playing a game of Euchre in the clubhouse during a rain delay at a AA ballpark.

::yes:: I have to agree with that assessment. Probably a good strategy on their part to keep some of those guys in the minors to let them grow as players instead of rushing them to the majors before they're ready. It isn't like they're in a win now situation anyway.

Maybe the Phillies can sign DeSean Jackson to play OF or be a pinch runner or something. :rolleyes1

Is he younger than 35 years old? If so, the Phillies have no interest.

Wow, Cubs fans usually wait until they lose on opening day to start saying "wait until next year!"

I guess now I know how Cubs fans feel. The Phils' plan for contention this year is to say, "Yes, Ryan Howard is getting older and coming off devastating injuries, but we're sure he'll be a force again this year!" But everything I read about their farm system says the best prospects are in low-A ball. So we have that going for us, which is nice.:headache:

Until a blown ACL, a Tommy John surgery or two, and (because it's the Cubs) something along the lines of a top prospect breaking his leg in 3 places playing a game of Euchre in the clubhouse during a rain delay at a AA ballpark.
Or until management decides to trade a couple of prospects for a washed up, injury prone, big name. :thumbsup2

I was going to respond to all the ncaa & baseball talk but what's the point? No one is going to go back to read it anyway. Looks like the gauntlet has been dropped.

Just bask in UConn's glory while you can. Their run is going to be cut short anyway. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Just bask in UConn's glory while you can. Their run is going to be cut short anyway. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I never thought they would make it this far. I was scared yesterday but when MSU scored 6 points in the paint and their so called big man is a the 3 point line launching bombs or trying to dribble into the lane, you gotta like your chances. I know he's expanded his game but come'on man!

Agreed. With travel money and free tickets for me to the game. :thumbsup2

Truthfully though, I don't hate Kentucky and their program as much as I hate Calipari and everything he and the whole one and done system stand for. Oh well... even if they do win, it will just be fun to watch 2 championships get vacated in a few years. :lmao::rotfl2:

As much as UK has benefitted from the 1 & done, I don't like it either. I've enjoyed watching UL play more these past two years, having a system and team philosophy. Two years when UK won it, they still had some players who stayed a few seasons which helped them.

Still, college is supposed to help students for future careers. If someone had offered me million$ my freshman year, then I would have taken the offer and left as well.

As far as Florida is concerned, I picked them to win it all. They are the best team. I wish we could play Wisconsin then Florida. I am 100% sure we would beat Wisconsin. I think I'm giving UCONN about a 33% chance of beating Florida. But whatever happens it has been a great run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter