DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all. Took a sick day to get my flu shot as ordered by DW, and took oldest dd to orthopedist for shoulder pain. He thinks it is over usage of swim, no permanent injury, but that she needs to do some physical therapy, strengthen her shoulder muscles, and shut it down. She wasn't happy about that with HS swim season starting.

Sorry 'Bout that Chief.
We'll try to adhere closer to our sloth worthy ways.
Ain't makin' any promises, but we'll try.

Well, we don't want anyone to think we are too smart. They will start posting there.

And now that my sports job is wrapped up for the winter I have picked up a new night job that was supposed to be about 25 hours a week, just to help us get stuff paid off so we can start planning another trip. Turns out it is going to be 30+ hours, on top of my other 2 jobs :mad:. Needless to say there is no chance "something" will be happening at my house anytime soon.

Well, you are busier than me. Hope you find the time to do "something", as it makes all the other things you do worthwhile.

Speaking of the Astros, unbelievable game last night. As they headed to the 7th, I'm thinking this is going to be over in 5 games but what a comeback. Twice. Despise the Dodgers from my old American League days so I enjoyed it.

Now that's holding a grudge! :lmao:

(1) Probably can't afford ya

You can afford me. But, you would have to fire me for not working enough. :sad2:

Morning all. Took a sick day to get my flu shot as ordered by DW, and took oldest dd to orthopedist for shoulder pain. He thinks it is over usage of swim, no permanent injury, but that she needs to do some physical therapy, strengthen her shoulder muscles, and shut it down. She wasn't happy about that with HS swim season starting.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Those are tough ones to heal. But she's young, that'll help a lot.

After 3 minutes, what are you going to do for the rest of the night? :lmao:
Well hopefully she’ll pick out a long movie to watch. She has enjoy part of the evening...

Of course something will happen. You'll blow out some candles on a cake. Right?
Blow a candle...nah, too easy, I’ll just leave that one.

Mid 20s!! When did they move the maritimes to Florida?
Despite the fact that we had a skim of snow here early Monday morning, it was 21C at lunchtime today. Of course I was stuck in the office all day. But I did get home in time for possibly the last BBQ of the year (I’m not one of those BBQ in the winter guys)

We all know better.
Yeah, notice I said “almost” certain something will happen...

He thinks it is over usage of swim, no permanent injury, but that she needs to do some physical therapy, strengthen her shoulder muscles, and shut it down. She wasn't happy about that with HS swim season starting.
Sorry to hear that. Hope she’s able to dedicate herself to a recovery plan and overcome it.

Well hopefully she’ll pick out a long movie to watch. She has enjoy part of the evening...

:lmao:

Blow a candle...nah, too easy, I’ll just leave that one.

Geez. I toss you up a nice easy one and you don't hit it out of the park???

Despite the fact that we had a skim of snow here early Monday morning, it was 21C at lunchtime today. Of course I was stuck in the office all day. But I did get home in time for possibly the last BBQ of the year (I’m not one of those BBQ in the winter guys)

I have. When we lived up north I BBQd almost year round. But it turns out that when it's around -35 or so, propane pretty much turns to jelly.

Morning gents.

The snow's still here.
That and my back took a turn for the worse.

Day's not off to a stellar start.

Morning gents.

The snow's still here.

Sorry to hear that. That sucks on both counts. Get some rest and hope the pendulum swings the opposite direction.

Morning Guys.

Looks like two days of rain washed away the warm weather, it's only about 50F here this morning. Oh well, at least it isn't snowing.

I hear women really enjoy the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants.

'Morning all...

Ballgame...
Last night...
Let me say this about that...

jason-ferguson-facepalm-suspended-steroids-nfl-peds1.jpg

'Bout sums it up.

took oldest dd to orthopedist for shoulder pain. He thinks it is over usage of swim, no permanent injury, but that she needs to do some physical therapy, strengthen her shoulder muscles, and shut it down. She wasn't happy about that with HS swim season starting.
Ouch...
May she get into and stay with the therapy.

I have a niece that encountered similar swim injuries.
She ended up leaving the sport after a while.

Well, we don't want anyone to think we are too smart. They will start posting there.
Posting?
More likely they'll organize a mob and attack up with pitchforks by torchlight.

ell hopefully she’ll pick out a long movie to watch. She has enjoy part of the evening...
Always good to have a Plan-B, I suppose.

Morning gents.

The snow's still here.

Yeah, you're just not getting into the spirit of Friday here.
What say you don't go out and start shoveling any of that snow any time in the near.

Chilled down into the high 30s for the first time down this way, so I s'pose its officially fall now.
Not chilly enough to make me break out the jackets just yet, though.
Well. maybe the rain jackets, cause that's the prediction for the weekend.
Lovely...

Temps in the 30's and you still don't break out the jacket? You're a stronger man than I.

Lots of ways to skin a cat.
I'm more old school; I hate it when I have to actually give up and use a mouse over a keyboard.
A character flaw and disability left over from the profession I had before it got exported to India.

My version was for people like me who don't speak html.

Morning gents.

It's snowing.

I am not happy about this development. A sternly worded note to management is in order.

Let me know if they get back to you. I can't get them to return my calls.

We all know better.
My wife had planned a "surprise" dinner for us for our anniversary a couple weeks ago. Of course she didn't tell me to leave the day clear so I scheduled work that night.... Oops.

:headache:

Wow, that seems like a lot of pain and effort to get out of being on the swim team.

https://www.amazon.com/Jane-Austen-Complete-Collection-DVD/dp/B002VM7FH6

The snow's still here.

That sucks. On both counts. Hope you feel better soon.

Temps in the 30's and you still don't break out the jacket? You're a stronger man than I.
Not necessarily...
I only have to get from the house to the car and then from the car into the office.
Then by about noon the temps here are usually back up into the 60s or 70s
If the morning temps are above about: 35f-ish, then that's fairly doable.

Now...
If I were going to be sitting out in the cold for any length of time - say at a ball game or a competition of some sort - then the cool air would have time to start draining heat from your body. In that situation, some layers would be more in order starting at about the low 50s or high 40s

Have a great weekend Dads!
Sorry to hear, hope she recovers quickly with the therapy.
Morning gents.

The snow's still here.

Sorry to hear on both counts, but considering where you live, can't complain too much about the snow. Again, rest that back.

Sorry to hear on both counts, but considering where you live, can't complain too much about the snow. Again, rest that back.
Oh, no. You have that backwards (don't say "back"!)
It's because of where I live that I can complain about snow.

Thanks for the kind thought.

Haven't heard from Dan in bit some I'm calling it and going home. He must be tied up with a home and school bake sale or something. ;)

That's it. I'm calling it for Dan. I've already had a few bourbons (Widow Jane, George T Stagg, and Rock Hill Farms). Widow Jane has a strong smell, and goes down smooth. :scared1:

As for everyone else, in honor of 007, last one to the bar takes home the Queen of Hearts. Your protection better be Kevlar grade when she yells, "off with your head". :scared1::eek::scared1:

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Those are tough ones to heal. But she's young, that'll help a lot.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. Hope she’s able to dedicate herself to a recovery plan and overcome it.

Thanks.

Happy Friday. Hope you have a good weekend.

You too. You didn't call it though.

Ouch...
May she get into and stay with the therapy.

I have a niece that encountered similar swim injuries.
She ended up leaving the sport after a while.

Thanks. She was never good enough to go to Olympics. Maybe an outside shot on a water polo team, but that's about it. She enjoyed doing it, i enjoyed that she exercised, and greatly enjoyed all the practice time to stay away from the degenerates.

Wow, that seems like a lot of pain and effort to get out of being on the swim team.

I'm surprised. She actually protested in shutting down. She is still going to practice and kick, just not doing arms.

Sorry to hear, hope she recovers quickly with the therapy.

Thanks. The bigger issue is whether she will do her exercises at home.

Haven't heard from Dan in bit some I'm calling it and going home. He must be tied up with a home and school bake sale or something. ;)

It is a secret 007 mission. He can't post, or he would have to make you watch West Ham futbal. :lmao:

You too. You didn't call it though.
I couldn't call it then...too much work day left, but I'm caling it now.

I don't know who all has been used, so I'm just picking one.
Last one to House of Blues has to go home with ursula and you know she smells like rotten fish and will suck[er] you all over .

Have a good one gents!

I'm guessing your sports job has something to do with baseball, but not associated with the Astros?

I wish; I was actually working for an adult social league as an official. Actually we were more of a drinking league that played some sports. I officiated softball, soccer, kickball, and volleyball.
And I'm a Rangers fan, that way when football starts in September I can quit watching baseball.

Hopefully she follows thru with the therapy my oldest DD didn't do all of hers and now her knee pain keeps her from dancing.

As for everyone else, in honor of 007, last one to the bar takes home the Queen of Hearts. Your protection better be Kevlar grade when she yells, "off with your head". :scared1::eek::scared1:
Ouch, I'm heading out now so I'm not last

That's it. I'm calling it for Dan. I've already had a few bourbons (Widow Jane, George T Stagg, and Rock Hill Farms). Widow Jane has a strong smell, and goes down smooth. :scared1:
Sounds like a tequila night for me. Gonna be down in the 30's and I need some anti-freeze.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter