DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Sunday guys. Last day of the weekend but that doesn't matter to me much anymore. (sorry)

You weren't missing much with the Cinnamon Rolls, they didn't rise enough, so they were a bit dense. The kids inhaled them though. Somewhat unsurprisingly, as its basically a sugar sandwich with a diploma.

Can you blame them?

Gaffer, what's Marlins Park like? On the second day we are at Vero out of the 4, the Marlins are at home to the Yankees, or Day 3 they are at home to the Braves.
This could be a "Miami day" as it looks like its only a couple of hours down the turnpike, and the kids have never been to Miami. Or the St Lucie Mets are playing on the same night, which would obviously be a lot shorter journey. And cheaper. But it would be cool to hit Miami

Hey Danwise,

More like 2 1/2- 3 hours more or less depending on the traffic. The ballpark is state of the art. Beautiful and definitely has a Miami feel. I went with a friend who has season tickets in DC and the roving entertainment had a latin flair. He commented that DC has all american girls and Miami has hookers wandering around. May be educational for the boy.

The place will be empty. Less so with the Yankees playing because their fans will turn out. They sold off their best players and will not be good for a while. You could see the Yankees crush them and maybe Stanton (traded from the Marlins) smash a home run or two. If you do decide to cone down, let me know. Tickets on stub hub will be reasonable.

When are you in Vero?

And, an anvil dropped. The BIL may be getting a divorce. He's the one with the free house from FIL and car from MIL. This may not end well.

Be careful, you may be called as a witness for the SIL.

I did get encouraged for a few minutes, but it didn't last long.

I was a little worried when they got it down to 9. Florida's downfall this year is the ability to blow big leads. Doesn't matter though, both are going to the dance.

And, an anvil dropped. The BIL may be getting a divorce. He's the one with the free house from FIL and car from MIL. This may not end well.

that sounds like it could get ugly... then again, I guess most divorces are.

Hey Danwise,

More like 2 1/2- 3 hours more or less depending on the traffic. The ballpark is state of the art. Beautiful and definitely has a Miami feel. I went with a friend who has season tickets in DC and the roving entertainment had a latin flair. He commented that DC has all american girls and Miami has hookers wandering around. May be educational for the boy.
When are you in Vero?
Thanks mate. I think I can convince the Lady K to spend a day in Miami... she had her Bachelorette party there. I'm in Vero last week of August. The only curveball (pardon the pun) is Curly. She'll still be only 5, and a 3 hr ball game starting at 7 is a bit of an ask, plus the 2+ hrs back. Shame there's not an afternoon game, as me and the boy could have hit that while the girls did something else.

All the best mate, are you trying to keep out of it?

Its coming up as 139 miles on my maps, so I thought 2.5? .....

Nothing filed. Just discussed. I'm guessing they will have to wait for one of their parents to give them money for a lawyer before anything happens. I'm staying as far away as possible.

As for the mileage, that is closer than i thought. Maybe i was considering the Keys. Enjoy.

not sure I understand the comments about BIL and not ending well.

FIL bought them/ gave them a house. MIL bought them a car (each). The cars get divided. Not sure about the house. I'm staying out of it.

Be careful, you may be called as a witness for the SIL.

Doubtful. She's just as bad. I've watched then argue over whose turn it was to change a diaper. And not jokingly, but in a scorecard, mad, lazy, pathetic argument.

that sounds like it could get ugly... then again, I guess most divorces are.

True. I guess it's hard enough to divide assets. But, their assets were purchased by third parties. How do they set divided. Plus there are four children, and she is originally from PA, so she will want to take them and go back.

Nothing filed. Just discussed. I'm guessing they will have to wait for one of their parents to give them money for a lawyer before anything happens. I'm staying as far away as possible.

As for the mileage, that is closer than i thought. Maybe i was considering the Keys. Enjoy.
Just to make sure no toes are stepped on or feeling hurt...my comment about the Hugo would have had a :rotfl2: emoji if I hadn't been on my phone (and having said stupid phone auto correct (that term is such an oxymoron for my phone. should be autoSCREWUP). Anyhoo, I was joking.
When I was stationed at Homestead (further south than Miami) and drove to Winter Haven (further North than Vero), it took me 3.5 - 4 hours and that was on US-27 and a LOT of stoplights. Vero to Miami via the turnpike or I-95 wouldn't take that long.

FIL bought them/ gave them a house. MIL bought them a car (each). The cars get divided. Not sure about the house. I'm staying out of it.
Gotcha.

Doubtful. She's just as bad. I've watched then argue over whose turn it was to change a diaper. And not jokingly, but in a scorecard, mad, lazy, pathetic argument.
What's to argue? DW, it's your job. :lmao:

True. I guess it's hard enough to divide assets. But, their assets were purchased by third parties. How do they set divided. Plus there are four children, and she is originally from PA, so she will want to take them and go back.
Unless the third party's names are on the documents, I would suspect about the same. I think pkondz hit it..they're always messy. Sadly, most divorces don't even consider the children (illustrating the huge degree of selfishness). The children are often the worst impacted. :sad2:

Morning folks

Well the shovel came out of hibernation. That crap was wet and heavy. Crap. I want this winter over.

2408FA13-63EF-4496-B020-4BE3EE52EECB.jpeg

Happy Monday. I got nothing. I'm ready for Friday.

Morning folks

Well the shovel came out of hibernation. That crap was wet and heavy. Crap. I want this winter over.

Well, that looks terrible. Still cool here, but I think we have turned the corner on the snow here.

Morning gents. Last day before a coveted day off... unless I get called in of course.
Hope it's a good one for y'all.

Ugh. Yep, best to steer clear as far as possible.

The place will be empty. Less so with the Yankees playing because their fans will turn out. They sold off their best players and will not be good for a while. You could see the Yankees crush them and maybe Stanton (traded from the Marlins) smash a home run or two. If you do decide to cone down, let me know. Tickets on stub hub will be reasonable.

Sad to see the fire sale. They seem to go through that phase every decade or so.

Morning folks

Ugh. We might be joining you soon. Weather forecasters aren't quite sure if we're getting snow or rain yet.

Happy Tuesday. Not much better than Monday, other than it is a day closer to Friday.

Happy Monday from Virginia. And it IS a happy one because I booked a WDW trip for June 6-10 yesterday.

:wave: Lee. And, even worse than the heat, I told him i was going to be there that week and he still booked the trip.

Morning gents. Last day before a coveted day off... unless I get called in of course.
Hope it's a good one for y'all.

I have this button in my cell phone that allows me to reject calls. I use it often. Or, better yet, power off and claim your battery died and you didn't realize it.

Ugh. Yep, best to steer clear as far as possible

::yes::

How did the interview for the supervisor position go?
Came in second. I didn't have the time to prepare that I'd like due to my DD's surgery and that possibly made the difference.
There's also a possibility (and I am not saying this is the case, but I would be remiss not to mention it) that they awarded more points to the guy who got it because I'm eligible for pension in 18 months and he's in his late 20s.

I'm not that broken up about it since I wasn't sure, right up until the decision if I even wanted to do it. I'm already making the salary without the headaches. Pros and cons to be weighed.

Ugh. We might be joining you soon. Weather forecasters aren't quite sure if we're getting snow or rain yet.

Hope you get rain. Rain... not freezing rain.

I have this button in my cell phone that allows me to reject calls. I use it often. Or, better yet, power off and claim your battery died and you didn't realize it.

I can say no.... but I tend not to get paid as much. :rolleyes2

Hope all are doing well. It would seem Darcy is doing the best of us all at the moment.
I've kicked in the b@lls at work the past week, not much time for anything.

DD had her 18th birthday over the weekend. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I kind of can't really tell her what to do anymore. To some extent, I guess. I'm not sure how this whole kids becoming an adult thing is supposed to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter