DDE card Purchase with DVC Pass

DavidRoss

Mouseketeer
Can you purchase the dining card right at the gate? Or is this something that needs to be pre purchased?

First of all, there is NO DVC DDE card. There IS a DVC dining discount - generally 10%, but sometimes more - that you get many places just by presenting your DVC membership card.

The Disney Dining Experience card is available only to two groups of people: Florida residents, and Annual Passholders. For AP holders, the DDE costs $50. and you will need your Annual Pass first (or at least the voucher for the AP) in order to be able to purchase the DDE. You don't need for everyone in your party to have an AP - one DDE card can be used for up to 10 people dining together.

In addition to the 20% discount, another great feature of the DDE is that the discount also applies to alcoholic beverages. HANNAME! :drinking1

There is a considerable time lag between ordering the DDE card and actually receiving the card, but they send you a fax or email confirmation which you can use the same as the card. I believe the card expires about 13 months from the time the card is physically manufactured, so you could effectively get 14 months or more out of the card if all the planets are in perfect alignment.

I think it is possible to wait until you are actually on-site to buy your DDE, but I'm not sure about that. Hopefully someone who has actually done it can answer that for you.

Good luck and have a great trip.

JimMIA said:
...(snip)...
There is a considerable time lag between ordering the DDE card and actually receiving the card, but they send you a fax or email confirmation which you can use the same as the card. I believe the card expires about 13 months from the time the card is physically manufactured, so you could effectively get 14 months or more out of the card if all the planets are in perfect alignment.

I think it is possible to wait until you are actually on-site to buy your DDE, but I'm not sure about that. Hopefully someone who has actually done it can answer that for you.

Good luck and have a great trip.
The only way to get the DDE is to call Disney Dining during the hours they are open (they're not open on weekends). You can call them from on site and they will arrange to fax an authorization letter to the EPCOT main gate Guest Relations office. You can use the letter in lieu of the card. Since it is a fax, it doesn't take long to get to the Guest Relations office. (They used to email or fax the guest directly, but apparently this process was eaily abused and so now they only fax to the Guest Relations office).

Best wishes-

P.S. The reson there is so much discussion of DDE on the DVC board is that DVC offers a significant discount on the purchase of an AP/PAP. Many DVC members are also AP/PAP passholders. This is the first year that DDE has been made available to anyone outside of Florida residents. AP/PAP passholders get a $25 discount on the purchase of the DDE card. Florida residents pay full price - $75 (and it's still a good deal).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter