DDE Dining and the Mouse - Day 1: 10/28

MadToad

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We just returned last night from our 9 day trip and I thought I'd get started before I forgot what we ate! The first leg of the trip was just Ms. Toad and I; we were joined by our friends later on in the week.

So let's get right to it...

Sat 10/28:
Breakfast at the Bakery (Boardwalk Hotel) - Our first taste of the breakfast sandwich and it was quite yummy. Similar to an Egg McMuffin, but a bit larger I think (I haven't had McDonalds in a few years). I ordered one of those and a chocolate croissant. When I took the bag back to the room I found that they had accidentally given me an eclair instead of the croissant. Woe is me! ;) Both were very good. This was the beginning of a beautiful romance between us and that bakery :love:

Lunch at Cosmic Ray's - One of my favorite burgers. I'm not saying its fine cuisine or even one of the best burgers ever. For whatever reason, it tastes better to me than the other theme park counter services. But, something awful has happened - no more cheese sauce at the Fixin's Bar!!! I am outraged! Is this some budgetary cut-back? Or some knee-jerk to the trans-fat lunacy? Either way, it's unacceptable! :furious:

Dinner at the Liberty Tree - Ok, we don't have kids so this is an unusual choice. But, we enjoy the comfort food, the setting is fun, and it's really cute to see the kids go crazy over Goofy and Co. Screaming happy kids are cute on day 1 (not so much by day 5 at meals), so we make this our first dinner. The food was very good as usual. Ms. Toad hates the vinaigrette so we get the buttermilk dressing which is terrific. The food is good as always. No surprises. We use our DDE card which shaves about $12 off the bill. Not bad.

Overall, we give the Bakery an A-, Cosmic Ray's C+ (@#^$! cheese sauce), and LTT an A-

Next is Sunday: Bakery, Mexico & Germany.

Thanks for the reviews. We have yet to do LTT and per all the latest reviews I think it will be a must for our trip next year. :)

Loved hearing about Boardwalk bakery, that's probably going to be a favorite of ours!! Keep the reviews coming!! :Pinkbounc

Awesome reviews! Glad to hear that you liked the LTT! I haven't been there since I was little (a loooong time ago, in aA GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY!!!) With all the mixed reviews I have read, I was a little nervous about my April ADR.

MadToad said:
Hi all,
Ms. Toad hates the vinaigrette so we get the buttermilk dressing which is terrific.

Is the buttermilk dressing like ranch dressing? The vingrette doesn't appeal to me at all, but I love ranch dressing. I didn't realize they offered any alternative to the vinagrette - I am glad to hear that!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter