DDE Dining and the Mouse: Day 2

MadToad

Mouseketeer
...the continuing story of 2 happy folks eating in WDW, or "How to gain weight while walking 12 miles per day"

Sunday 10/29:

We awoke Sunday morning with that Bakery on our minds. This time I got that chocolate croissant and the breakfast sandwich. Both were very good.

Lunch at the San Angel Inn - Nothing kicks off a Sunday afternoon quite like nachos, beer, and frozen margharitas. We ordered the aforementioned Nachos and the Plato Mexicano. The Nachos were good as usual, but the Plato Mexicano was average (the combo platter at the counter service is surprisingly better) - I think we'll order something different next time. The Dos Equis was, well, Dos Equis and the Rita's were great. Service was good (she laughed at my pathetic Spanish). The atmosphere here is top-notch, and is worth lunch in and of itself. A terrific time! :) DDE savings was appx $10.

Dinner at Biergarten - Both of us have genetic ties to Germany, so we always look forward to this meal whenever it makes its way on to our itinerary. The food is good for a buffet, but once again it's the atmosphere we like. The sauerbraten is a mockery of what grandma used to make (I somehow doubt Disney's version marinates for 3 days), but it's still pretty good. The spaetzle was tasty but the buffet style altered the texture a bit, the rest was fine. We both enjoyed the bavarian cheesecake.

The Beck's Oktoberfest was tasty as always, the beer sampler was nice although there were no surprises (for me, anyway), and I tried a beer that was mixed with Sprite. I forget its name, but it wasn't my thing. Yet, somehow, I managed to finish it ;) DDE savings was appx $15

Overall we give the Bakery an A, the San Angel Inn a B, and Germany a B+

Next up is the Brown Derby and Le Bistro...

Thanks for sharing! I am enjoying hearing about what you ate and how much you saved!!!! I am planning on hetting the DDE for our next trip. We are a party of 8, so hopefully it will save me a bundle!!! :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter