DDP Cast Member Discount

Still holding out. I went ahead and booked on a Annual Pass discount, but am hoping our resort is available for CP discount.

Still nothing past October 26, and we are planning on checking in December 8. I am really concerned that there will be nothing then since at this point December is completely blacked out. If not, I am going to probably end up paying full rack rate because the discounts being offered at wdw.com are almost sold out. Oy. The longer I wait, the higher it gets. This should be interesting. :)

Not sure what you mean by December being completely blacked out. There are and have been for quite some time Cast Member discounts available for rooms. The dining plan is not available yet but room only is.

We are booked for the Cabins at a CM discount for the 15th to 18th or something like that.

You may be having trouble if you are looking for a week or more. There may not be that many available in a row. You could consider doing a split reservation and staying at two different locations.

I don't believe the AoA Little Mermaid ever has CM discounts those rooms are in too much demand. While I haven't asked, the French Quarter hasn't had availability in quite a long time. Not sure if there are no rooms or very limited rooms included in the CM discounts.

My daughter is actually the CM but she makes me call because she came upon a rude reservation person once. So she won't call because she doesn't want to get yelled at.

I have been told that there are no discounts for the week we are going, which is December 8. Had a friend who is a CM check and all that was available was Coronado Springs and it was not anywhere close to the annual pass discount. And have read on College Program groups that they are being told a new group of discounts for holiday season will come available late in October. So maybe the regular CMs have access to seasons/dates that CPs don't. But I have been checking since August, and there is nothing for our dates. Also, from what I understand, it wouldn't be unusual for the month of December to be blacked out. Dunno...just sharing what my experience has been trying to book with CM discount for early December.

I have been told that there are no discounts for the week we are going, which is December 8. Had a friend who is a CM check and all that was available was Coronado Springs and it was not anywhere close to the annual pass discount. And have read on College Program groups that they are being told a new group of discounts for holiday season will come available late in October. So maybe the regular CMs have access to seasons/dates that CPs don't. But I have been checking since August, and there is nothing for our dates. Also, from what I understand, it wouldn't be unusual for the month of December to be blacked out. Dunno...just sharing what my experience has been trying to book with CM discount for early December.

My daughter has been. Cp then a cm for the past 7 years and there have always been plentiful discounts in December...we have even gotten them the week between Christmas and New Years. Inventory fluctuates almost daily though so th CM needs to keep checking.

Liz

Had him check again last night. Still availability only through October, but holidays should open in the next few weeks.

disneykeim said:
Can cp discounts be used at value resorts?

Absolutely!!! As long as there is availability....each resort gets an 'allotment' of CM discounts. So as long as there is a room available w/ the CM discount at the resort during the date you want, you are good to go!! I used My DD's CM discount to stay at WDW 38 NIGHTS earlier this year at POP. I paid as little as $48 and as much as $71. depending on the dates. But it was always either 50 or 60% off....DD did stay w/ me though so we could see each other more! :) Love that discount!!!!

I don't really understand what the problem is with booking your Dec trip jobro912. There are across the board discounts for CM's available through the first of next year. There may not be the 'extra' discount, which is the one that is thru Oct 26th but regular CM discounts still apply.
We have a trip booked for 2 weeks in Dec. My DD is a CP CM and booked it a couple months ago. She was able to get the reg. CM 50% discount. There may not be rooms left at the resort you would prefer but there should be rooms left somewhere at that discount rate.

I just have this bad feeling that if they do offer CM F&F dining discounts in November they will skip over the first week (Jersey week). Still, if they do offer it, it will be the perfect topping to my Disney vacation

photos...nothing is showing...and I also had a friend who is a 15 year CM check, and he said the same thing. So maybe every resort at CM discount is sold out the second week in December. Oh well...will keep checking and hoping something opens up. Matters not. As I said, I got a great discount with Annual Pass...just not as great as the CM discount.

Checked with Disney this morning. At least according to the CM I spoke with there is still no news on November Dining discounts for F&F. ;(

Word on the street is the F&F dining discounts are published for November. But the agent I spoke to on the phone gave me confusing answers as she implied the F&F "packages" were available for all resorts, but the person who told me they were out also said she was unable to get one for her resort. I guess the next step is to have my CM friend get on the hub and check for me (but if anyone else is bored, I am at AoA suites Nov 3-12!)

my mom just called (retiree) and changed her F&F room to a cast holiday with the dining. AOA Nov 11 - Nov 19.

extra discount available during the holiday season. It made a considerable difference to the price.....

you can access it now through the hub.

My CM friend checked today and it seems what is now out for November are CM discounts when the CM stays at the resort, NOT F&F dining discounts. I will just have to wait.

Any update on F&F dining? I know there the current offering was thru October 26th. I have read of several CM discounts opening up for November/December but they all seem limited to discounts that actively involve the CM. I was able to get a room only discount but so far no dining discount.

My son just made reservation for us using Cast Holiday discount...got Caribbean Beach Pirate Room, Dec 8-14 at 50% discount, and DDP for $47. WOOT!! Not my first choice for resort, but heck of a deal. :cool1:

My son just made reservation for us using Cast Holiday discount...got Caribbean Beach Pirate Room, Dec 8-14 at 50% discount, and DDP for $47. WOOT!! Not my first choice for resort, but heck of a deal. :cool1:

Hey neighbor jobro! (Baytown here also....)
.....That really IS a great deal, and CBR is a beautiful resort! Y'all will have a great time! My son has informed me that HE wants to work at WDW (or US), but I doubt he would REALLY want to do much actual add l work!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter