DDP, conceirge, and ADRs

irisbud

I wished upon a star and... ...Disney Bride in 200
Hi everyone, I just had a few quick questions that I was hoping someone out there would be able to answer for me.

MY BF and I are going to WDW Dec 3-7, 2006, and will be staying at AKL (concierge level). From everything I have been reading, the concierge continental breakfast type offerings would be enough for us, and planning to have a large TS lunch followed by a light dinner of the offerings in the CL would really fit our eating style.

My first question is: Do we really need the dining plan? It seems like a great deal to me, price wise (when I eat, I mean it!), but I am not sure we would be able to use all of our credits. I am hoping to do LeCellier and Narcoosee's (2 TS credits; dinner so we can see the fireworks at MK) for sure, but am really up in the air about the rest. My BF thinks that the plan will be uneconomical (is that a word?) for us, but if we eat at these type of restauraunts each day, I don't think we can lose money. HELP!

My second question: How important are the ADRs? Obviously, I will have AKL's IPO make them for the aforementioned seatings, but, other than that how much will we need them at this time of year? The only other time I have been to WDW that I was old enough to remember was over the fourth of July. My dad left lunch open one day and we waited over two hours for a seating at LTT. My BF doesn't like things that are super-structured and wants us to have flexibility, but I don't want us to have to eat at CS ALL of the time (sorry, just not my cup of tea :rolleyes2 )

Thank you all for listening to me ramble :rolleyes1

I promise to stop talking now...

Amy

The price of the DP is $38 per person per day.
A good TS lunch will cost approximately $45.00 per person per day, possibly a few dollars more if you have the most expensive entre on the menu.
You would save roughly $7 per person per day, with the meal plan.
If you do consume some of the snacks: figure you save another $4pppd
If by some chance you are hungry and use a CS credit you would save from $8-$12.

So financially speaking, you cannot loose with the DP. Go for, bon appetit.

It is a good idea to make ADR's evenfor the first week of Dec. It is better to have a place to eat than not have one. When you are at the resort you can always attempt to change your ADR if there are resturants with available seating.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter