as allearsnet, I'm not so sure. For example, Alfredo's menu back in July 05
had some nice choices. I saw an update from jan06. It has changed & not
for the better in my opinion. Also, MaMa Melrose seems to have a better
lunch selection than dinner. Last time at Disney I noticed better choices
at Coral reef too than what I am seeing now. Is it worth it? Seems as if
you don't want to eat steak 4 or 5 times, your pretty limited. Are these
menu's just samples or is it pretty much what you can expect? On the
DDP, can you order anything on the menu or are there restrictions once
you get there? Any feedback would be helpful.

There are several sites that list Disney menus. Most are the full menu, not just a sampling.

Yes, some of the menus have changed. Some of the details of the plan (such as Coral Reef now being only 1 TS, Cindy's being 2) have changed.

If you feel that a restaurant has a better lunch selection than dinner, you can use your TS credit at lunch (check the chart of participating restaurants to be sure lunch is included--it is at most places).

We have never encountered being told that we couldn't order basically anything on the menu. However, it has been reported that at Wolfgang Puck's, you were limited to soup or salad as an appetizer and that at the Teppanyaki restaurant you can't order a "combination" entree like steak and lobster.

Unless you don't eat a TS and CS each day (or the equivalent over the trip), I see no way that the DDP can be a bad financial deal. A character dinner (which is among the cheapest TS dinners) is $28 + tax + tip, which comes to about $35. The DDP is $38 for the day. For kids, it is an even better deal.

Now...reality check....I probably wouldn't eat a TS dinner every day. However, the DDP is encouraging me to try other restaurants and have a little fun....and not worry about DD liking steak and shrimp! We've never spent $38 per person per day on a WDW trip, but we've come close. On this trip my teen can do whatever she wants within the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter