DEATH by CHOCOLATE . . . (literally)

Deb in IA

Knows that KIDS are better
Pa. Man Dies in Vat of Chocolate
Pa. Factory Worker Dies After Being Submerged in 1,200-Gallon Vat of Liquefied Chocolate

The Associated Press

HATFIELD, Pa. July 24 — A candy factory worker died after being submerged in a 1,200-gallon vat of liquefied chocolate, police said.

Yoni Cordon, 19, of Philadelphia, was discovered in the vat by co-workers at the Kargher Corporation on Tuesday, authorities said.

Police said they believe Cordon had been working on a platform near the opening of the vat, which is used for mixing and melting chocolate.

Nobody saw Cordon fall and it was unknown how long he was submerged before he was found, Hatfield Township police detective Patrick M. Hanrahan said.

Hanrahan said foul play was not suspected and the death was being investigated as an accident.

Very sad...
Does anyone know if they were using the choclate for anything & if so, was it recalled?

smiley_jawdrop.gif

Gross.... That is so sad! I've read about stuff like that in a book called "Fast Food Nation" It's nasty! I am sure they recalled all the chocolate made from that batch.,..but just to be sure Iam on a chcocolate break for awhile!

Bless his heart, what a terrible way to die, not that I can think of a good way.

I think I will avoid chocolate for a while, though.

How Horrible....That's right near me and I hadn't heard.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter