Death Note Lands Woman in Hospital

olena

<font color=green>Emerald Angel<br><font color=mag
CLOVIS, New Mexico (Reuters) - A letter from a bank informing Gloria Wicker that she was dead and that her assets were frozen sent the woman to the hospital with chest pains as she tried for hours to get through an aggravating series of automated phone messages to prove she was alive.
Wicker, 71, a city commissioner for the eastern New Mexico town of Clovis, suffered chest pains on Tuesday and was rushed to a hospital in the nearby town of Lubbock, Texas, after receiving the letter from the Bank of America informing her that she had died about a month earlier.
"I got the letter from the bank saying I was deceased, and I thought, what the Sam Hill is going on here?" Wicker told Reuters in a telephone interview from her hospital bed on Wednesday.
Wicker said an apparent error at an office that processes her federal railroad pension seems to have caused the mistake that led Bank of America to send her the letter on Monday. It said: "We regret to learn that Gloria Wicker has passed away. Law requires us to return all government benefits paid after the date of death."
Wicker then took to the phones to convince Bank of America that she was alive. She said her greatest aggravation was trying to get through automated phone systems and find a human being to speak to at the main bank office.
"There was no message that said 'Press one if you have been declared deceased and your assets frozen',' she said.
She said the effort to convince bank and railroad pension officials she was alive likely brought on the chest pains.
Wicker said the bank had corrected the problem and recognizes that she is alive.

How awful! And getting swamped in the autmated phone menus would give me chest apins, too. I HATE those things.

You know, those things might be worthwhile, if they had a 'zap' feature.

Press 1 to zap the person ignoring your problem.

ZAP! ZAP!

Press 2 to zap that person's supervisor.

ZAP! ZAP!

Press 3 to zap the company's CEO.

ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

I would have just walked in to one of the branches and said "I got this letter, but I'mnot dead!".

Hate those automated phone messages too.....

This reminds me of my mom...she is building a new house and when they checked her credit, they said she was dead! She shared some credit cards with my grandpa and when he passed away last year they assumed it was her that had died since she is named after him and their names are similar. She is having to go through all sorts of stuff to prove she is alive. It's not all that easy to prove you are alive LOL ;)

I sent this to her...she will get a kick out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter