December 2003 or January 2004?

JOC

<Font color="red"><marquee>DVC @ BWV</marquee><br>
We went in December 2002 but didn't make it to the Osborne Lights, which is why I'm planning a December 2003 trip. However, I've been reading posts from people who just returned and most post that there are no crowds. Which month would you recommend?

It depends on what your goal is. If what you really want to do is see the Osbourne Lights, then you need to plan for December 2003 (although you could, probably, sneak into the beginning of January 2004 and still get a peek).

If your goal is to be in the park when there are lower crowds, then you should plan for end of January / beginning of February 2004.

You generally won't get the Osbourne Lights AND low crowds, although there are some days in early December when that might be possible.

:earsboy:

We were faced with the same situation. What won out in the end for us was that we really didn't want to go 16-17 months without a big vacation. 15 months is bad enough. lol

Early December, late value season works for us. We plan on being there December 14 thru December 21. Mickey

If we go this December, we'd probably go around the same timeframe as Mickeysaver (Dec. 14-21). We did the Wonder cruise this past December from Dec. 15-19, so we didn't actually get to WDW until the morning of Thursday, Dec. 19. How were the parks earlier in the week? I know the weather was up and down last December; hopefully it'll be more stable this coming December.

I'd choose December over January mostly because of the weather. January may be less crowded, but it also may be colder.

I also LOVE X-mas time at WDW!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter