December trip vs. Lion King Musical tickets

aero99

DVC Member
Help!!

A friend and I have long wanted to do a trip to WDW in December (and even better both of our husbands said it was ok to go without them!). Well she talked to her boss and the only time she could get off is Dec 9-13. The thing is I have tickets to Lion King in Norfolk on the 10th (great seats too...). What would you do??? :listen:

Thanks in advance,
Melissa

First i would check with MS to see if those dates are available at any DVC resort. If those dates are not available, then i would think about paying cash and how much i was willing to spend and see what wdw resorts were available. Then i would see if i have any park tixs left. Then i would be searching like mad for cheap airfare, is which you have a great chance of finding . Then i would get on the phone and buy Mickeys very merry christmas party tixs. Then i would see if i could sell my lion king tixs. Then i would give DH a big Kiss :love2: and jump on that plane :cloud9:

That is how I feel but I still have a little hesitation. We are going to stay at the Caribbean Beach resort or Animal Kingdom Lodge. We both have AP's. We are carefully watching Southwest's dings right now (although they haven't had any near our dates). I want to go but I have heard such great things about the Lion King. Sigh...

Even though I go to WDW every December (sometime in the first two weeks), I'd go to the Lion King. It is amazing - and who knows if you will have another chance to see it - especially with great seats. I still think about it - we saw it las April. Stood in a line for 4 1/2 hours early one very cold Saturday morning last fall to get the tickets. Show was worth every frozen toe!

Anyway, if it were me, I'd go to the LK and start planning a trip to WDW for December 2006 - that 11 month booking window wil be here before you know it.

Best wishes-

I would sell the tickets go to WDW in Dec then get tickets to see "The Lion King" in NEW YORK CITY! I think the atmosphere will be much better in NY were it was first originated. I saw it in NY and I think if I saw it anywhere else it wouldn't be the same!

Thanks for all your help. We decided to sell the tickets (my secretary quickly grabed them) and go to Disney World. We plan on going in early January to see Lion King (didn't realize the show was here that long). So everything worked out. I am SO excited now! :jumping1:

Melissa

Ahhhh! A perfect solution - you get to do both!!!!

Best wishes -

AAHHHH, the best of both worlds! Congratulations on things working out for you. Have fun!!

I was going to tell you that the Lion King show is going to be here a LONG time. I saw it when it was here a few years ago and it was great, you'll really enjoy the show. (Just don't get tickets on the 3rd level!)

Glad you got it worked out to do both!!!

Hi,

Glad things worked out!!! The Loin King is so great! Enjoy your trip!

Good for you that you can do both.

We just saw The Lion King and it was great. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter