Declining Housekeeping?

BrightMorningStar

Mouseketeer
Is there any benefit to declining housekeeping? If they are coming in for a "safety check" every day anyhow, I figure getting clean towels is a good deal. I know in years past they gave a gift card, but no longer do that. Why would that still be an option upon check-in?

The saftey checks are legit 15 seconds where a room clean can be 20 min. If you plan to be in the room during the day it can stink to have housekeeping knock and ask you to leave so they can clean .

No real benefit, other then not wanting them in your room. But like you said either mousekeeping or some other staff will enter your room.
Your room will receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). This service will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
Light housekeeping does not include bed-making or sheet changes during your stay.
If you would like your sheets changed, or perhaps a new set of sheets, you can call housekeeping and request if a bed change can be accommodated.

The saftey checks are legit 15 seconds where a room clean can be 20 min. If you plan to be in the room during the day it can stink to have housekeeping knock and ask you to leave so they can clean .
If you're in your room, you just tell them that you do not want cleaning that day:confused3

No real benefit, other then not wanting them in your room. But like you said either mousekeeping or some other staff will enter your room.
Your room will receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). This service will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
Light housekeeping does not include bed-making or sheet changes during your stay.
If you would like your sheets changed, or perhaps a new set of sheets, you can call housekeeping and request if a bed change can be accommodated.
Full Housekeeping every other day now.

Started on the 15th.

If you're in your room, you just tell them that you do not want cleaning that day:confused3
The question was what's the benefits of declining it. Not having to have that conversation also it turns into 2 knocks because as some have said in other threads if they come to clean and you say not today the security check person will come over more alert. This can be a big annoyance if you have children trying to nap. Usually the 15 second check is done quietly and won't wake them up.

In our case, it's just the 2 of us for 5 nights & we neither require nor desire housekeeping. I know it's super important to have it for lots of folks, so ours is one less room they have to deal with which hopefully frees them up to provide service for someone else that wants it 👍

WDW used to offer cash back for declining housekeeping. Since this is no longer the case, there is zero benefit to declining housekeeping.

My recent experience of housekeeping at WDW has been that even though they tell you you'll get trash-and-towel service every other day, you'll be lucky to get that once or twice during a week-long visit. I've had to call and beg for someone to bring us fresh towels and I've started bringing garbage bags with me (there are no longer liners in the trash cans) so I can easily dispose of the garbage myself.

If you're staying Deluxe, supposedly they get daily housekeeping now, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

So, no, do not decline housekeeping but consider yourself fortunate if you get any housekeeping service at all.

WDW used to offer cash back for declining housekeeping. Since this is no longer the case, there is zero benefit to declining housekeeping.

My recent experience of housekeeping at WDW has been that even though they tell you you'll get trash-and-towel service every other day, you'll be lucky to get that once or twice during a week-long visit. I've had to call and beg for someone to bring us fresh towels and I've started bringing garbage bags with me (there are no longer liners in the trash cans) so I can easily dispose of the garbage myself.

If you're staying Deluxe, supposedly they get daily housekeeping now, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

So, no, do not decline housekeeping but consider yourself fortunate if you get any housekeeping service at all.
Starting on January 15,Disney started FULL service Housekeeping every other day.

We were at All-Star Sports and can verify that it was FULL,complete service just like Pre-Covid.

It was WONDERFUL to come "home" to a clean,made room again.

Starting on January 15,Disney started FULL service Housekeeping every other day.

We were at All-Star Sports and can verify that it was FULL,complete service just like Pre-Covid.

It was WONDERFUL to come "home" to a clean,made room again.
That is AMAZING! Hurrah! So happy to hear that and thank you for posting. We were at POFQ in December and I had to call several times just to get clean towels.

That is AMAZING! Hurrah! So happy to hear that and thank you for posting. We were at POFQ in December and I had to call several times just to get clean towels.
You are welcome-it came out of no where.

Housekeeping came by our room on the 14th with a flyer.

I am guessing it is 50/50 as to it ever going back to every day again.

We were at the Beach Club Villas (on a cash reservation) for a week starting January 18 and received FULL housekeeping every day except on the second day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter