"Dedicated" 2 BR at VWL

melanieewr

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We will be using our points for the first time since buying a BWV resale in October. We will be staying at VWL from Dec. 21st to the 26th. My reservation says that I have a dedicated 2 BR. I think I understand the difference between it and a "lockoff" but I am wondering if the bedding is different. Does the dedicated have 2 queen beds instead of a bed and a pullout? Also, I will be doing some cooking and I have read the list of provided kitchen items but if I need something else say, a bigger stock pot or cheese grater, will they try to get that for me or should I plan on bringing or buying any special items that I might need?

Thank you,
Melanie

THey will give you some items if you ask like mixer etc., but I doubt a stock pot or cheese grater.

I would email MS and ask that question.

We specifically asked for a dedicated 2 BR. They told us we would get 2 queens in the second BR.

The dedicated 2 bedroom has 2 queen beds in the secondary room, the lock-off unit will have a queen bed & pull-out sofa with a DOUBLE bed.

We just got back from our stay at the VWL - you will love it. Beautiful & relaxing!

My only complaint was the length of time it takes to get to the Magic Kingdom (the closet park) - they really should have a direct bus in addition to the Boat.

ENJOY!

I returned home Sunday after a week in a dedicated 2 bedroom. It was on the 4th floor facing the lake but couldn't see anything except trees. There is a cheese grater in the top cabinet the tupperware is in and what I think is a 5 qt. pot is in the drawer under the oven.

Excuse me , but could someone please explain the difference between lockoff and dedicated? We have a 2bdr WLV reserved in Jan and would like to know the difference. I am not sure what we have. There are 7 of us, 5 adults and 2 children ages 4 and 3. Can anyone suggest a specific room # that would give us a great view of the lake and the water parade? I hear the coffee leaves a lot to be desired so I will be making quite a bit in our room, what sort of filters do I need? Any suggestions, ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help. 33 days and counting.........
Cherie

so much as it is the water. I used theirs with tap water - it was awful. I used mine with tap water - it was marginally better. I used mine with bottled water and it was much better. Their coffee pot uses flat bottomed filters, so if you're accustomed to cone shaped filters, you will probably find you need to use more coffee in the pot as well.

Originally posted by maiyasgram
Excuse me , but could someone please explain the difference between lockoff and dedicated? We have a 2bdr WLV reserved in Jan and would like to know the difference. I am not sure what we have. There are 7 of us, 5 adults and 2 children ages 4 and 3. Can anyone suggest a specific room # that would give us a great view of the lake and the water parade? I hear the coffee leaves a lot to be desired so I will be making quite a bit in our room, what sort of filters do I need? Any suggestions, ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help. 33 days and counting.........
Cherie
Cherie:

We just returned from 7 nights in a dedicated 2bdrm. The 2nd bedroom had two queen beds, a table & 2 chairs, armoire w/tv, HUGE closet, large sink area (my mil kept wondering why on earth they didn't do a double sink/mirror there w/so much room), smallish toilet/shower room & balcony.

A lock-off would have your one bedroom plus a "studio" -- bed & sofabed instead of 2 queens.

We had an incredible view from our villa -- 4th floor, looked down on the quiet pool and out onto the lake. We could see & hear the EWP every night, tho' the very beginning & end of the parade was obscured by trees.

Room number was 4507. We wouldn't hesitate to request it again. HTH!

Thanks for the info, I am sure it will be great with whatever we have lockoff or dedicated. As long as it accommodates 8 because we just added another person to our party which brings it to 6 adults and 2 kids. Thats it, no one else is invited. Thanks for the coffee filter info, it is such an issue with me, I love my coffee and have heard that WDW ranks way down low in the coffee ratings. I will be stocking up on the bottled water. Thanks again,
Cherie

Originally posted by maiyasgram
Thanks for the info, I am sure it will be great with whatever we have lockoff or dedicated. As long as it accommodates 8 because we just added another person to our party which brings it to 6 adults and 2 kids. Thats it, no one else is invited. Thanks for the coffee filter info, it is such an issue with me, I love my coffee and have heard that WDW ranks way down low in the coffee ratings. I will be stocking up on the bottled water. Thanks again,
Cherie
A 2 BR will be somewhat crowded with 8 people but a dedicated 2 BR would be much better though. Remember that there is no formal dining table enough for 8 people, unlike at OKW.

We have stayed in both a dedicated 2 bedroom and lockoff.

Lockoff benefits include more privacy and more day space for the studio dwellers due to separate entrance, additional appliances (microwave, fridge, coffeemaker), and couch/bed.

Dedicated benefits include a real second bed, most likely top floor location, and one large rather than 2 small balconies.

"Pseudo-dedicated":
Last week we took the couch mattress from the lockoff, kept the door locked and made a little sleeping nook for the girls in the entry way. This worked well for naps and earlier bedtimes as we were able to still access 90% of the room without bothering them.

Coffee:
I love it, I drink lots. Filled many a mug at Roaring Forks, it was mighty fine Joe but if your expecting Starbucks, bring your own. I personally thought this coffee was better than at the Kona Cafe (maybe my expectations were too high?). On the downside, this year they offered only non dairy creamer (yuck).

Dedicated benefits include a real second bed, most likely top floor location, and one large rather than 2 small balconies.
This is not always the case. We stayed in a dedicated 2BR at VWL that was on the second floor and had two small balconies.

MaryJ,

I did not know that. I do recall hearing however that the top floor has exclusively dedicated 2 bedroom rather than lock off Villas and it appears that only the top floor has one large rather than 2 small balconies for 2 bedroom Villas. Anyone confirm?

Originally posted by Geyser Gazer
MaryJ,

I did not know that. I do recall hearing however that the 4th floor has exclusively dedicated 2 bedroom Villas and it appears that only the 4th floor has one large rather than 2 small balconies for 2 bedroom Villas. Anyone confirm?
I can't speak for other floors, but we were on the 4th floor and had one lovely, large balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter