deleted

that totally stinks that you lost your crystals!!! sounds like a stressful day, i remember it well...isn't it nice that we're not stressed out now at all (it's lindsays turn :rotfl2: )!

that totally stinks that you lost your crystals!!! sounds like a stressful day, i remember it well...isn't it nice that we're not stressed out now at all (it's lindsays turn :rotfl2: )!

Oh Kristin! I remember that stress... I remember that day before the wedding... I'm sorry that you were so run down and tired. And I'm really sorry that you couldn't find your crystals! I agree with Caryn, it's so much better to no be stressed out anymore. At least, not about wedding stuff! :laughing:

Oh, and yeah, we did a Carnival Cruise too, and I don't know what the deal was, but overall, the food was awful!! And soooo salty. Overyly salty. There were some good things here or there, but we ordered double dinners just to make sure we got something we liked without having to wait forever for a reorder. I am so glad though that you had a better cruise experience than I did. I wouldn't want anyone to have to experience that sort of let down! :rolleyes:

That is AWESOME that they complimented you on your bar tab. Really something to be proud of... That stinks about your veil but you look BEAUTIFUL in your siggie so it all works out.

And Caryn. I will not be a stressed out bride. I will be delegating my stressful tasks to my Matron of Honor.
And when you annoy me, I'll come post about my Matron of Honor who refuses to help me. :rolleyes1 :disrocks:

Kristen KEEP WRITING! This should be you :surfweb: we want to see the pictures of wedding day!!!

Kristen- so bummed about the veil! You were totally the inspiration for me to make mine! Glad it worked out though- you were beautiful!

looking forward to more !

Unfortunately I've found new stuff to stress me out... nothing like wedding planning though.

This is what I'm saying. Thank goodness it's not quite as stressful. :rotfl: But, there are quite a few after wedding tasks that require my attention. Boo.

Lindsay has it good!! You've already done all the research and can give her good advice!

Man-o-man... What a gold mine of information. And to have actually attended a DFTW before your own!?! Lindsay, you have it mighty good. But I still hope for you to be able to make it your own! :cutie:

You've gotta tell me which ship you were on so I can avoid it... we get a friends & family discount on Carnival and go all the time since we're 15 min from the port. Did you write on the comment card that the food was horrible??? Hopefully they fire the cook!

Carnival Glory. And we didn't fill out a card. :rolleyes1 And normally I do; I'm good about that stuff. I think I was just sooo over it. We had many, many people on the cruise tell us that the food is better on other ships, INCLUDING other Carnival ships. So I have no doubt that this was just an unlucky learning experience.

me carrying my dog in my purse (yep, we snuck her in!).
I went back to the BWV alone… weird since I’m NEVER alone!

Kristen,

So sorry about all the last minute stress. You weren't 'alone' you had your precious 'baby' with you. She must be a very good dog. I wish we could take our 'baby' to Disney (she's my photo).

ETA: I am so confused! Whose trip report is this? :) Well, I think this Carnival comment belongs on Wendy's trip report, but I'll leave it because everyone is reading and commenting here and I'm not sure anyway.

I'm sorry about your cruise. We went on the Carnival Valor in dec 2006 and the food was decent. Not fantastic, but at least pretty good. Our neighbors (on both sides of our cabin) were very loud and rude, but I guess that was just bad luck on our part. Overall we thought the ship was lovely and enjoyed our trip. Next time we want to go on Royal Caribbean again, not Carnival, but we chose carnival because they let 2 year olds go to the kids club (DD loved it!).

Disney Cruise line is special. Things we loved - the decor, Castaway Cay, the cabins, the (high) level of service and the disney touches that made it different from any other trip. The best thing? There are areas just for adults! I don't think any other cruise line has an adults only pool where they actually enforce the rules. And the adult beach at Castaway Cay is a wonderful escape.

The food is also good but not amazing. They have to serve so many people and please average tastes, so it's hard.

Well done on sneeking your baby in! Sorry about the veil though. Looking forward to hearing more.

ETA: I am so confused! Whose trip report is this? :) Well, I think this Carnival comment belongs on Wendy's trip report, but I'll leave it because everyone is reading and commenting here and I'm not sure anyway.

I'm sorry about your cruise. We went on the Carnival Valor in dec 2006 and the food was decent. Not fantastic, but at least pretty good. Our neighbors (on both sides of our cabin) were very loud and rude, but I guess that was just bad luck on our part. Overall we thought the ship was lovely and enjoyed our trip. Next time we want to go on Royal Caribbean again, not Carnival, but we chose carnival because they let 2 year olds go to the kids club (DD loved it!).

Disney Cruise line is special. Things we loved - the decor, Castaway Cay, the cabins, the (high) level of service and the disney touches that made it different from any other trip. The best thing? There are areas just for adults! I don't think any other cruise line has an adults only pool where they actually enforce the rules. And the adult beach at Castaway Cay is a wonderful escape.

The food is also good but not amazing. They have to serve so many people and please average tastes, so it's hard.

LOL... This is very much Kristen's TR!! I need to start my own and stop highjacking others!! pirate: We both took Carnival crusies for our honeymoons and I was just taking the opportunity to compare notes. Thanks for all your info on cruises too! Okay, I promise to get out of your TR now Kristen! LOL.

Back to your regularly scheduled TR from the Beautiful Bride, Kristen:

Still trying to keep up amidst of running around to finish up my last minute things, I am definitely going to have to reread most of your TR once I get home! Glad to hear you were able to sneak you dog in to Boardwalk :goodvibes Also, Ohanas looked great, I am with you I wouldn't have wanted to be singled out for a song either! I forgot to ask how did your cousin do at the Flint airport?

Thanks for the update...Now we want more pictures! LOL I am sorry your day was so stressful!

I made the mistake (not really a mistake) of Cruising with Disney as my first cruise and then the two non disney ones I went on, Carnival & Royal Carribean, never could compare!

Day 7 – Thursday, Jan 24:

Thursday was Caryn & Mark’s wedding day! I had every intention of crashing their ceremony to see her fantastic outfit, but this was my first chance to run to Michaels… I needed gem glue so I could finish my veil.

While I’m in Michaels, I get a call from Rob’s Aunt wanting to know if she can bring her foreign exchange student to our wedding. “I can’t leave her at home, she doesn’t speak any English” she says! At this point steam is practically coming out my ears… people were doing this to me all week! I made room for the 3 year old, but had to politely say no about this one. Somehow I managed to keep my cool… no Bridezilla here! “If you asked me 2 days ago it would’ve been ok, but all my numbers have been finalized and I really can’t add anyone.” So what if it was a flat out lie, I didn’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings!

After my last minute spending spree we met my Mom and Courtney at Kona for some Tonga Toast... yummy! We had ADR’s at Whispering Canyon for that evening, so I was explaining to my mom how to annoy the servers… I’m waving my hand in the air and loudly saying “EXCUSE ME!” just as our waitress walks by. Of course she thought we were talking to her, so we had to explain that we were making fun of the WCC. “Oh, my husband works there!” she says… how random!

That afternoon we met up with Cheryl & her parents for some shopping at DTD. My mom got a cute Mickey watch for my dad, and I finally found a Hawaiian print dress to wear to our rehearsal dinner.

At 6:30 we met up with Rob’s parents and his brother Justin for dinner at WCC. Our waitress was hilarious. She called herself “head of lettuce” although she wouldn’t tell us why! She gave us all nicknames... Rob and I were Bride and Groom. My Uncle was “Little Boy”, Courtney was “Giggles”, and Steve was “Boyfriend of no one”… poor Steve! I chugged my Diet Coke so I could get a giant one, and the “head of lettuce” brought me a towel to sit on, just in case I wet my pants… lol!

CIMG1494.jpg

At one of the other tables was a couple celebrating their 40th Anniversary. For some reason the servers started a kissing contest and of course our “head of lettuce” nominated me and Rob. I’m ashamed to admit that we lost to a couple of senior citizens… I’m not a big fan of PDA.

Like I said before, our server was great! She stayed in character the entire time! We definitely got lots of her attention, and because of our upcoming wedding she made Rob skip around the room on a pony and sing “You Are My Sunshine” to me!

DSCF0047.jpg

At the end of our dinner, Rob’s dad announces that everyone is waiting for Rob in the WL bar… they want to throw him a bachelor party. I DON’T THINK SO! I had my bachelorette party at the beginning of January, and I told both Rob and his father that if he wanted a bachelor party to do it then. I warned that there would be absolutely no wild drinking the week of our wedding… Rob insisted that he didn’t want a BP and had a nice quiet dinner with his parents instead. So here we are 3 weeks later, and my FFIL is arguing with me in the middle of a restaurant! I have plans to meet Caryndisneydiva in 20 minutes, and I’m not in the mood to argue, so we just get up and leave.:headache:

We finally get to PI at 10:20, and like Caryn said in her TR, the comedy club wouldn’t let us in because the show had already started. We wandered around a bit and Rob went into the surf shop (if you can call it that) to get a present for his best man.

At about 11pm I finally got to meet up with Caryn! After months of talking on the Disboards, it was great to meet in person! Caryn and her DH Mark had gotten married about 12 hours earlier, but were still partying! :banana: We talked for a bit, but had to cut the evening short since Rob was still not feeling well. Here's a picture I stole from Caryn's TR... thanks Caryn!

100_0711.jpg

First of all just wanted to say that I am enjoying reading your TR, cant wait to hear about and see the actual wedding.

Also, glad to see that you had a good experience at WCC, we have only been there once and our server didn't bother with anything special or any antics, but the food was pretty good so I was thinking of doing our rehearsal dinner there. Incidently "Heada Lettuce" is a member here on the dis, she used to post on the restaurants board but haven't heard anything from her in a while.

Keep going, were all reading and waiting.

Kim

Hey Kristen!

Hope you're doing well! We all miss you over here! Can't wait to hear more about your wedding....please come back soon :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter