Delta Express Changes

turtlekrawl

Earning My Ears
I think it's common knowledge that Delta Express will be changing its name and using 757s instead of 737s sometime this year. So, since I booked my August reservations in early December I've been checking Delta's website to see if anything had changed.

I checked the schedule on the website this morning for my travel dates, and noticed that the flights I originally booked from Boston to Orlando have been changed. I called Delta and worked through the new flight times and seating assignments. It took a while to make the changes, but I checked my itinerary on the website, and they are now correct.

So if you have flights booked on Delta Express and have not been contacted, you may want to call them to confirm your flights and seat assignments.

Thanks Turtlekrawl! I just checked the flights I booked only 3 days ago for August. Our flight to Orlando changed time by an hour, but our flight home no longer exists from Orlando - they had us coming from Tampa at 6am! It looks like we got it all fixed - thanks so much for the warning. By the way, the price went up $20 since I booked - really glad I bought the tickets when I did.

As far as I know, the "new" all 757 discount carrier will not carry the Delta Express name. In fact, the name may not reference Delta at all from what I've been told.

Delta Express will continue to fly after the new airline is announced.

ok now i'm nervous- our returning flight no longer exists!!!!! can't get thru 800#

Heck, and they did not even send us Skymiles members word of this!
I was thinking about using my miles in Dec, now want to know more

Thanks for the heads up! Just got off the phone with Delta. My flight was discontinued!!! Changed my departure flight to one that leaves an hour earlier. But couldn't get as good seats. Hoping the return flight doesn't go away too!!

I don't know what to think: Their own website does not blow a word about this! Where did you guys get this info?

Thanks to the heads up, I called Delta tonight too - we had purchased our tickets last May for President's week - yes, there were minor time changes and our seats have been relocated too, but the reservation 's gentleman told me the new "low cost" airline - formerly Delta Express - but no longer called anything with Delta in the name - should be starting up late this spring. He mentioned that no Sky Miles will be given, they are all 757's and will have a fast turn-around time on the ground. In order to keep costs down, it will be no frills. Hope this might help a few of you who have been wondering.

You have to wonder what people do without these boards for info. I was told that I would have been informed of the change several months before my actual flight. Well, that's fine except what decent flight times would have been left?? I'm just glad there is such a terrfic group of people here that share with all of us. Thanks everyone!!!!

OK, here's the scoop as told to me today:

Delta Express is changing its name to whatever it will be, but not Delta Airlines

This means whatever you booked through Delta Express will still be honored. Tickets booked through Skymiles will still be honored!
Delta Express is a commuter working for Delta Airlines. Whatever you earn through Skymiles, as long you make your reservations in a Delta market you can use them for flying. You can still earn miles using Delta's partners. The new company will still be a partner with Delta, so you will still be earning Skymiles just as before.

The representative confirmed what she told me with another department.

I don't know about those schedule changes people talk about, I believe they are true and real. But the main change we will see is in the name of the partner commuter not the service we have been getting from Delta Express or the benefits from using its flights.

W H E W!
Boy was *I* scared!

Boy thanks for all the info. Took 35 minutes to get my april stuff straightened out, no real changes in the flights just flight number changes. THEN>>>> I get up this morning and find I no longer have seat assignments on the phone again and was told I have seats. Don't ask me why they aren't showing up via web, flight changed was the answer I got. Well yeah, changed by 10 minutes not a big deal so why the seat thing? I have a feeling I'm going to be calling them many times between now and april. For april 12-20th we are still on delta express.

Looks like we really have to stay on top of these changes. I thought I had it all straightened out yesterday, but when I checked this morning, our itinerary was showing that we did not have assigned seats on our flight down. Delta had changed our seats, not even keeping the same configuration of 2 seats in each of 2 rows. Had to redo the seat assignment (lousy seats now), but at least I could still keep us together. Our flight down is now on "regular Delta" and flight home is Express. Delta said there were changes made today and changes will continue to occur. They said they do notify of changes, but not necessarily until much closer to flight time. Think I'll be doing daily checks!

I was going to book my spring flight yesterday but there was no flight home!! use to be 2. As of this morning, both return flights are back again, with slight time modifications. I just don't know what to think with all of the changes. We use to have so many more choices out of Wash. Dulles, but now it's getting hard. I only have Delta or United to choose from (for non-stop flights). BWI is so far away. Delta changed our seats when we flew in October and they didn't show up on the web. I called and was assured that I still had seats and yes, I had seats as promised. I was a little nervous, but I guess once they changed my flight time, they never bothered to change the web site. Thank goodness for this discussion board!!

There are some glitches with their website, I am willing to bet. They aren't a recent thing either.
In the past I booked and selected my seats online. I always get my tickets online and our seats at the time of our purchase! But it is not uncommon to see contradictory information on their website, even if things remain as you selected originally.

::sigh::

Thanks to The Dis and specifically this thread I was tipped off to Delta's changes and found a great fare for a new trip in November.

(When Delta Express changed the schedules and went to 757 planes apparently more seats opened up in the cheapest price tier for the dates I wanted.)

Now to keep my fingers crossed that the flights will still exist in November.

Checking again for low fares (and also low resort rates) every few weeks does help.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

(This post entered at Disney Quest. Couldn't do the ressie on the internet station so had to run upstairs and call their 800 number on the pay phone)

I just checked my August flights. They were changed from Delta to Delta Express. My flight times are almost the same. Just a couple of minutes difference. My flights are now showing a price of $1083.00 per person. I paid $170.00. I called Delta to confirm our seats, and we still have the same seats. They are mailing us new itineraries.

After finding my flight was cancelled and calling Delta and getting new seats on the new flight, I checked the website the next day and our seats were available!! Called Delta again, and she said she had no idea what had happened. But I was now in row 34, instead of 36 as my emailed itinerary from the previous night showed. Also, that my return flight seats had changed too. So, I ask if I can change to seats off the wing. Now, I'm in row 39 coming home and row 23 going down. Now I see that row 21 both ways is open. Would I be a nudge if I called them and asked to change to them? Keep in mind that I booked back in Sept so I could get front of plane seats and got row 5, which is now 1st class!!! Looks like I'll be putting Delta's 800 # on my speed-dial!!

Checked my itinerary online first thing this morning. On our flight down, we had great seats in the front, but with the schedule change we ended up way in back. This morning, lots of empty seats show up in the front. I made the seat assignment change myself online, and bumped us up from 33/34 to rows 2 & 3.

Goofy4Tink - I sure wouldn't hesitate to keep calling Delta to make changes - or try doing it yourself. Good Luck!

Wow!!! I just got off the phone with a terrific rep at Delta. I got moved from rows 23 and 39 to rows 3 and 4!!! I think I'm dreaming here. Of course I'll get to the airport and they'll tell me that no, there aren't any seats for us. Just wanted to share my good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter