Deployment questions

BAH also goes by duty location. The zip code of the unit. Which is good for some, not so hot for others.

Dh just called, he passed his tape this morning! :cool1: He doesn't know how this will affect his deployment, he has to make some calls in the morning. He was picked to go with another unit as a Medic, so the Major in charge of his promotion details is going to look into it. He is set to go before the promotion board in 2 weeks, and received orders yesterday that he is to drill in March with the unit he's supposed to go to Iraq with. No official orders issued as of yet. I wonder if they will go ahead and send him as an Officer, without sending him to Officer basic first?

tracers said:
BAH TYPE 2, you should get as soon as DH is activated. BAH type 1 is standard BAH that he should get after he gets movilized.
Hazzardus duty pay & Family seperation pay kicks in 30 days after he is in country.
Hositle fire pay depends on where he is and what his MOS is.

Thank you! You guys have been a big help :goodvibes .

Annie68 said:
I wonder if they will go ahead and send him as an Officer, without sending him to Officer basic first?

No, unless things have really changed he must go to Officer Basic first. Of course they could choose to delay his promotion I suppose. Did he already do OCS or ROTC??
Glad he passed his tape thingie!

BibbidiBobbidiBOO said:
No, unless things have really changed he must go to Officer Basic first. Of course they could choose to delay his promotion I suppose. Did he already do OCS or ROTC??
Glad he passed his tape thingie!

We are worried they would try to delay it, DH hits the cutoff age of 40 in May. That would be terrible if he came this close & didn't get it :confused3 . All that's left is going in front of the promotion board in 2 weeks. No orders were given yet for deployment, just a phone call that he's on the list.

He didn't do OCS or ROTC, this was a direct commision. He has been an enlisted soldier his entire military career.

Keep your fingers crossed for us, I hope he is able to get this well deserved promotion without any problems. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter