Describe DL Opening

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
Never been to DL and I was wondering how I should go about getting started in the morning.

We will be there Fri Aug 3rd for an 8am DL opening and plan on arriving by 7am by Uber. I will have tickets and Max Pass purchased prior to arrival.

1) Where would Uber drop us off?
2) How long should it take to get thru bag check?
3) When does Max Pass actually activate for that morning? Is it once the ticket is scanned at the turnstile?

They have a drop off zone on harbor.
30ish minutes.
DId maxpass come with your tickets? I scan my tickets, buy mp and it’s actually active.

Have you read mom2n2’s (?) recent threads. You may want to move to harbor hotel!

They have a drop off zone on harbor.
30ish minutes.
DId maxpass come with your tickets? I scan my tickets, buy mp and it’s actually active.

Have you read mom2n2’s (?) recent threads. You may want to move to harbor hotel!

I haven’t actually purchased tickets yet but I was going to add Max Pass at that time.

Ah, gotcha! Yeah, that was eye opening to me as to just how bad it’s gotten- even when you park onsite. And then the recent report of 45 min waits at Harbor at the other side if you arrive right after park opening! (The conspiracist in me wonders if Disney isn’t clogging Harbor on purpose after the gateway debacle...)

And yes OP, you can book your first MP as soon as your ticket is scanned for the day.

The conspiracist in me wonders if Disney isn’t clogging Harbor on purpose after the gateway debacle...
I've wondered this too. Maybe they are trying to get back at the Harbor motels, but it is the guests that lose. We stayed at the DLH for one night in May. Went through security multiple times on that side. Lines were almost non-existent at all times. The Harbor side has been so bad many times we've gone this year. Always a wait.

When I Uber, I always have them drop me off at Downtown Disney. The security checkpoints over there always have really short lines...5min, max. It will then take you 5min to walk thru DTD and to the turnstiles into the parks.

This sounds like a good idea to me!

What about getting through the gate in the morning? Do they still take your photo if you don't have an AP, and does it really hold you up that long? We already had our tickets sent to us with Max Pass added to them.

And does Main St open before the whole park does? We were planning on getting to DL around 730-745 for a 9am opening.

What about getting through the gate in the morning? Do they still take your photo if you don't have an AP, and does it really hold you up that long? We already had our tickets sent to us with Max Pass added to them.

And does Main St open before the whole park does? We were planning on getting to DL around 730-745 for a 9am opening.

They took our picture the first time we used our tickets. Didn’t take long, but we were the first family in line so they did it before they actually started letting people in. They didn’t let us in early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter